Nods: Conspiracy threads are now being locked?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Nods: Conspiracy threads are now being locked?

I was wondering why my conspiracy thread was locked. Seems like we're becoming a bit too sensitive with this stuff.

I don't think it broke any rules.
Nobody was being mean or insulting in the thread.
There wasn't another thread about it.
So why?

The only reason I can think of is because some people thought it was "too" stupid. But is that really the reason for shutting down topics now? May we have a list of approved topics?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure David Stern is behind these locked threads.
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject:

in before the ban
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Can these locks be accompanied by bans?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
42FINISHER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps, ironically, the mods are conspiring.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject:

If you have to ask why that last one was locked, you are much further gone than we thought.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I think you should pm the mods or DB privately to see what are their responses. I think they have the right reasons within their policy to lock your thread.

Creating a new thread to publicly question them is not a good move IMO.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject:

So you made a stupid conspiracy thread that was locked and you think it's a good idea to make a thread about why your previous thread was locked? Like DMR said, you're way too far gone.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Shut the (bleep) up already
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Nods: Conspiracy threads are now being locked?

superboy wrote:
But is that really the reason for shutting down topics now? May we have a list of approved topics?

In before the lock or move to the User Feedback / Report a Bug forum and the bansanity that may or may not be forthcoming
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject:

So........Attack the person responsible for making a forum that all Laker fans can enjoy and ask why that's wrong.

Is there a light bulb missing somewhere?
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject:

This thread is proof there truly is an alternate universe some of us are not privy too.. *thankfully

I suggest

H.P. Lovecrafts From Beyond
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Fight the puppet Mod regime!
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

no no no is NODS regime can't anyone read the title

Coach Wooden
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
rwongega wrote:

no no no is NODS regime can't anyone read the title

It's ok, they're next....on the ALPHAbet.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject:

basketball reasons
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
basketball reasons

Superboy Sterns to much
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Nods: Conspiracy threads are now being locked?

superboy wrote:
I was wondering why my conspiracy thread was locked. Seems like we're becoming a bit too sensitive with this stuff.

I don't think it broke any rules.
Nobody was being mean or insulting in the thread.
There wasn't another thread about it.
So why?

The only reason I can think of is because some people thought it was "too" stupid. But is that really the reason for shutting down topics now? May we have a list of approved topics?

We tried a list of approved topics, but that was too long. So here's a list of topics that are not approved:

Anything you think is a good topic.

Agent 0
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
All I'm going to say is the double standard on this site is ridiculous.

It was fun posting here though.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Agent 0 wrote:
tony wrote:
All I'm going to say is the double standard on this site is ridiculous.

It was fun posting here though.

Creating another screen name to complain about a suspension during your suspension is not a smart way to handle things.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I tend to vehemently appose "conspiracy" theory opinions myself and from an emotional standpoint might rush to judgement as well.... but I have to say if we are at a place where a perceived "dumb" topic is a criteria to lock and/or ban then it would seem to me we are straying a bit from the spirit of an internet discussion board.... If a thread of this nature does not "die" on the basis of it's own poorly constructed subject matter via a lack of interest but instead thrives as a result of opinions expressed absent breaking the TOS then it would seem to me to merit a discussion simply based on the "respectful" interest expressed.... In any case any perceived issue takes care of itself either way..... just my honest opinion if I may be free to express it.....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Most posters go directly to the lounge, and most of them only read what's on the front page. If we don't exercise a bit of discretion in merging and locking, there wouldn't be much to read...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
I tend to vehemently appose "conspiracy" theory opinions myself and from an emotional standpoint might rush to judgement as well.... but I have to say if we are at a place where a perceived "dumb" topic is a criteria to lock and/or ban then it would seem to me we are straying a bit from the spirit of an internet discussion board.... If a thread of this nature does not "die" on the basis of it's own poorly constructed subject matter via a lack of interest but instead thrives as a result of opinions expressed absent breaking the TOS then it would seem to me to merit a discussion simply based on the "respectful" interest expressed.... In any case any perceived issue takes care of itself either way..... just my honest opinion if I may be free express it.....

I think this is the shortest post by LA_Lakers_Rule that I've ever seen. Still the longest post on this thread but yea....
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Most posters go directly to the lounge, and most of them only read what's on the front page. If we don't exercise a bit of discretion in merging and locking, there wouldn't be much to read...

Yep, I totally agree, locking to specifically "merge" is one thing and perfectly understandable obviously... What I'm noticing myself is a lot more locking to kill a topic and/or the practice of "vacation" banning than what I recall has occurred in the past.... perhaps it's just me however.... Oh and btw, I'm not in any way saying this involves you 24 specifically but am speaking in more general terms and I would add that I appreciate your candid opinion and approachability.... On the subject of "locking" to "merge", it's a considerate practice to leave the message in the "locked" thread posting where it's been merged to and include the old locked thread link to the new thread as well which I've noticed has been what's been done lately... I for one appreciate that as it makes it much easier to track down....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
24 wrote:

Yep, I totally agree, locking to specifically "merge" is one thing and perfectly understandable obviously... What I'm noticing myself is a lot more locking to kill a topic and/or the practice of "vacation" banning than what I recall has occurred in the past.... perhaps it's just me however.... Oh and btw, I'm not in any way saying this involves you 24 specifically but am speaking in more general terms and I would add that I appreciate your candid opinion and approachability.... On the subject of "locking" to "merge", it's a considerate practice to leave the message in the "locked" thread posting where it's been merged to and include the old locked thread link to the new thread as well which I've noticed has been what's been done lately... I for one appreciate that as it makes it much easier to track down....

Not sure what you mean by vacation bans, but we have been a bit more public with suspensions, on the theory that if other users see it, you give them a bit of pause. Kill more than one bird with a stone, so to speak. This is a tumultuous year, so there are a lot of trolls, as well as a more agitated group of posters, so we're trying to keep the site as free from crap as we can while not banning everyone willy nilly.

As for lock or merge, that's a judgement call (sometimes it's purely the topic, and sometimes it's a combo of topic and posters involved). I admit sometimes I just lock threads i see going nowhere. Can't speak for the other mods. It just saves more work later. Sometimes we may make a bad or arbitrary decision, but we're just people, and thus fallible. You can always PM me if you feel a thread was unfairly locked. It's easy to re-open if you make a good case. i've already had my mind changed a few times.

It's standard practice with a merge to leave a "shadow" in the original posting location.

Hope this addresses your concerns.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: