***UNOFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Lakers vs. Spurs (March 3)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins tonight's game?
Lakers by 10 or more
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Lakers by 10 or less
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
Spurs by 10 or less
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Spurs by 10 or more
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 45

bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
You're a hater Bounty...face it. You are totally inaccurate about Lamar's play in the 1st quarter. Review the tape.

You were wrong in real-time when I pointed it out, and you're still wrong now.

What are LO's #'s? I cant get onto espn. im sure they are great.

You are blaming everyone but LO.

You are so irrational Bounty...I have no blamed no specific Laker in this entire thread except being pissed because Devean can't make a jump shot tonight.

Get it together, and stop just making sh#$ up.

We lost on D, as a team, and the Spurs couldn't miss. Kobe had a fabulous game, and I haven't blamed him once.

Were you not the person who said "LO shoulda had 8 asst if guys made shots" How about LO scoring more in the 2nd half. How about LO having more rbs in the 2nd half.

As long as LO is relied on we will be a 500team. thats his history
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Mihm is doing an underwear commercial, over in the corner...

I'm talking about during the Kobe interview... This team is, at least, good for a laugh...

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Everyone forgot the BS flagrant call despite Parker missing both? Still a shift of momentum.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Guys STOP BEING SO DUMB ABOUT THIS LOSS. We played against the frekin Spurs who are the world champs. They make good teams look like shiiiiit in an instant.

Lakers are decent to Ok team w/ some flashed of brilliance. We were supposed to loose this game by like 20 points. Hell we got killed sometimes by them even when we had Shaq.

We lost because of team defense & our guys not making open shot. We only lost by 8, so people need to understand.

Just because we beat the Pistons, that doesnt mean we are instant winners.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Look. We don't have a great defensive team. I concede that EVERY night. The way to win games like tonight, is to let the triangle keep the game close. Come 4th qtr, let Kobe shoot us to a W or L. He pushed the throttle WAY too soon. Running the triangle would have ate up time and we'd have only been down no more than 8-10 points, cause hte offense would have kept us in it. Come 4th qtr, Kobe scores his 17 4th qtr points and we win that game.

You gotta drop it Magic_Bryant. That wasn't a great stretch for Kobe, no doubt, but he was 46/6/3 on 17-32 from the field and it's a 48 minute game. This was one of Kobe's best games of the year, and unfortunately our defense failed, along with our supporting players' jump shots.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
We lost this game on D, not because of Lamar.

Lamar was 6-8 from the field, and 13/7/4 with 2 steals and a block. He easily should have had 8 assists tonight too if not for teammates' bricks.

That is a Problem. Not the only one, but a huge one. 5pts in the 1st half.
he AGAIN dwindled as he was needed

We were leading at the half, weren't we? And Lamar should have had 6-7 assists then if not for his teammates failing him. 5 points and 6 assists is a good first half when you're winning (even when you're not). There was no shortage of Lakers in the first half who did score enough for us to have the lead.

You have no basketball IQ bounty. We lost in the 2nd half on D...it had nothign to do with Lamar's offensive game. Your routine is rote by now.

he who scores the most points win. When you arent strong defensively you had better attack, attack, attack. We were up b/c if you watch spurs games you will notice they are always close to the other team especially on the road. LO didnt match kobes intensity. he had to. he is LO. Forget about the detroit game, that was LO in a freak moment. this is LO. Mihm was the man 2night in the 1st half early
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

ok magic_bryant is BIPOLAR
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Look. We don't have a great defensive team. I concede that EVERY night. The way to win games like tonight, is to let the triangle keep the game close. Come 4th qtr, let Kobe shoot us to a W or L. He pushed the throttle WAY too soon. Running the triangle would have ate up time and we'd have only been down no more than 8-10 points, cause hte offense would have kept us in it. Come 4th qtr, Kobe scores his 17 4th qtr points and we win that game.

You gotta drop it Magic_Bryant. That wasn't a great stretch for Kobe, no doubt, but he was 46/6/3 on 17-32 from the field and it's a 48 minute game. This was one of Kobe's best games of the year, and unfortunately our defense failed, along with our supporting players' jump shots.

WOW!!!

No, this was as good a game "statistically" sure. But impact-wise, nah. Kobe's played so much better than that this year.

But it's ok guys. We're all Lakers fans. You choose to think that Kobe should shoot anytime he feels like, I don't, I prefer he hold back his "shoot on a whim" in the 4th qtr.

Either way, we're all Lakers fans. Get em on Friday.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
You guys dont get it. we were great on the boards EARLY. The quarter ended. POP told his BETTER team to fix that and walla.

I cant get #'s I am curious to see how LO managed to get a great boxscore after a horrendous night.

DG was weak. Kwame started nice but fell asleep. What should Kobe do

How was Lamar horrendous? I would have liked to see him get more scoring opportunities, but he played well tonight, and hard.

Now thats funny. he had the opportunity to get involved early. establish something, yet he failed. he passed out of the post every chance he had when he was singled by little Gino. his defense was horrid, as was the teams, but when your 12mil. more is expected. He was typical avg. role player LO. You all were waiting to annoint him after his DTown game.

Back to the LO we all know. Kobe score 40 on .500 we dont lose.

That didn't happen at all. He got the ball maybe once against Manu in the post. What he was doing in the 1st quarter was driving the ball into the lane and feeding guys time after time for open jump shots or layups (most of which were not made).

OK. Please, dude, he was exactly who he has been all season. Blame the others for his ineptness, thats funny. So hes 6'10 drove, got to within 2 feet of the basket and passed out?

As you mentioned accurately before (rare tonight), Lamar never really made it to within 2 feet of the basket on those drives, except maybe once. Instead, the defense was collapsing on him about 8 feet from the basket minimum.

You're clueless.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

You're like a breath of fresh air, magic_bryant... I just wonder how long you will last here... An ice-cube, or a shooting star, might last longer... Just kidding, but that's how my mind sees you...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
ok magic_bryant is BIPOLAR

I can definitely see where I give off that impression.

Truth is though, Kobe can get better shots than that. Notice how he scores more effciently when he's off-the-ball and cutting? He didn't do that enough in the 3rd tonight. It pissed me off cause when he's off the ball, he's the most dominant player in basketball.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobe ain't gonna change his game now so suck it up and stop (bleep).
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

You're like a breath of fresh air, magic_bryant... I just wonder how long you will last here... An ice-cube, or a shooting star, might last longer... Just kidding, but that's how my mind sees you...

Like I said, he is bipolar
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
You guys dont get it. we were great on the boards EARLY. The quarter ended. POP told his BETTER team to fix that and walla.

I cant get #'s I am curious to see how LO managed to get a great boxscore after a horrendous night.

How was Lamar horrendous? I would have liked to see him get more scoring opportunities, but he played well tonight, and hard.

Now thats funny. he had the opportunity to get involved early. establish something, yet he failed. he passed out of the post every chance he had when he was singled by little Gino. his defense was horrid, as was the teams, but when your 12mil. more is expected. He was typical avg. role player LO. You all were waiting to annoint him after his DTown game.

That didn't happen at all. He got the ball maybe once against Manu in the post. What he was doing in the 1st quarter was driving the ball into the lane and feeding guys time after time for open jump shots or layups (most of which were not made).

OK. Please, dude, he was exactly who he has been all season. Blame the others for his ineptness, thats funny. So hes 6'10 drove, got to within 2 feet of the basket and passed out?

As you mentioned accurately before (rare tonight), Lamar never really made it to within 2 feet of the basket on those drives, except maybe once. Instead, the defense was collapsing on him about 8 feet from the basket minimum.

You're clueless.

Come on man you challenged me to a game of ball in venice. Thought you were going to show me whats what. teach me Basketball. i told you whenever on weekends. i wont flake.

LO was trash, case closed. You were saying he was driving when he was in the post. You are a faker

let me know

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9642/odomissing9da.jpg
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

LMAO that pic is so awesome
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
bounty wrote:

You're clueless.

Come on man you challenged me to a game of ball in venice. Thought you were going to show me whats what. teach me Basketball. i told you whenever on weekends. i wont flake.

LO was trash, case closed. You were saying he was driving when he was in the post. You are a (bleep)

let me know

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9642/odomissing9da.jpg

Okay, we'll get that game on...it will be fun. And just rewatch the 1st quarter...I'm not talking about one play, but a series of plays when Lamar got the ball beyond the arc and drove it into the lane. I didn't imagine it. The only time I remember Lamar getting a pass against Manu in the post was when Manu pulled Lamar's jersey and he almost fell down backwards, recovered, and then passed it back out.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who blames this game on Lamar has no clue...period.

I'm out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: