Was at the Game tonight, My observations

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Was at the Game tonight, My observations

- The only Person that can Stop Kobe in the NBA is Himself with a lil help from the refs. Bruce was fouling him practically at will, but somehow the refs let him get away with it. He should of fouled out by Halftime, seriously. Kobe was scoring on him at will. Ps, that flagrant on Lamar was a (bleep) up call. Lamar got all ball.

- The Spurs were on Fire in that Third Quarter, Manu and Finley were raining em. I think Tim could of tooken a three and it would of went in for him, they were on fire.

-Kwame played good D on Timmy, Tim wasn't scoring on him at will like he was against Cook. kwames hands are a piece of (bleep) tho.

- Tony Parker was abusing the hell outta Smush, he did whatever he wanted to do against him.

- @ the Crowd booing Eva Longoria when they showed her on the screen above, (bleep) was hilarious.

I'm pissed off that we lost, but all in all i had a good time tonight.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

coo, thanks
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

No wonder Bowen is such a great defender. The refs let him get away with a lot of holding and contact. Bowen seems to expect the refs to let him play this way too. Did you see how he reacted when they called fouls on him? It's as if he was completely surprised they were actually calling fouls on him. How dare they!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Bruce gets reputation calls...

Kwame is getting a WHOLE lot better...

The flagrant will be rescinded...

Thanks for the recap...hope you enjoyed the game, all things considered...
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Was at the Game tonight, My observations

SQUAD UP wrote:
- The only Person that can Stop Kobe in the NBA is Himself with a lil help from the refs. Bruce was fouling him practically at will, but somehow the refs let him get away with it. He should of fouled out by Halftime, seriously.

Nothing new. He has been doing the same thing for years. He has a rep and officials follow it. (great defender)

Tragic yet pathetic.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Like I said, in the update thread... Tonight, we saw a very composed, and confident team[Spurs], dominate a team that just can't play, consistently, with composure, and confidence[Lakers]...

I guess, the "roller-coaster ride" is going through a stretch of quick ups and downs.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I was there tonight also. My main observation was how the Lakers were a different team in each half. The 1st half, they were making good defensive rotations and were doing a good job of hitting open shots. Problem was, the defense wasn't "great" and the Spurs were missing some easy buckets and turning the ball over.

2nd half, Spurs started knocking down their open shots, but instead of the Lakers staying at home on their man, it just seemed like there wouldn't be one contested shot the entire 3rd quarter. Sure enough, that translated to as much as a 18 point lead.

Basically, Lakers really didn't deserve to win and the Spurs totally out classed them. Problem I have with that is, if they play the 3rd quarter much smarter on the defensive end, the 4th would've been much closer.

Oh well, wasn't really expecting a close game or a win. If they could've played this type of game against teams like Boston, Atlanta, Portland, it probably would've translated to a win. Thing is, they just can't seem to mentally get it together on a more consistent basis.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

Another thing I noticed was that Luke Walton should not be in the regular rotation.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Mad Professor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Another thing I noticed was that Luke Walton should not be in the regular rotation.

I was there too, and I agree with everything you said. Especially this one ^ ...
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

We should have ran those screens for Kobe in the beginning of the third.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: