Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Tonite was absolutely pathetic -- doubling on TD just to see Finley, or Gino, or Parker drain a 3.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

JerryWest_44 wrote:

Yeap, you gave him a max contract, he won you 3 titles, and now he plays in the other sunshine state.
KtotheBryant8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Yeap, you traded for him, he won you 3 titles, and now he plays in the other sunshine state.

i dont get why you are still here then... i mean if he won 3 titles himself without any help then id be a fan of whatever team he is on... or talk (bleep) about the team he was on without saying anything important or insightful :roll:
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Yeap, you gave him a max contract, he won you 3 titles, and now he plays in the other sunshine state.

Shaq in his championship years I would agree -- however he's a shell of himself these days -- he'll have a 30pt game every full moon but usually get about 19pts....
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

KtotheBryant8 wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Yeap, you traded for him, he won you 3 titles, and now he plays in the other sunshine state.

i dont get why you are still here then... i mean if he won 3 titles himself without any help then id be a fan of whatever team he is on... or talk (bleep) about the team he was on without saying anything important or insightful :roll:

Did I say himself? You're a lil sensitive kid. I answered the title of dude's post. Now go unbunch your panties.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Hey Money$hot! is Shaqueer is so good then why were we able to beat Miami whith Kwame playing him one on one for the most part?
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Hey Uberzev we were able to get a win because we played some semblence of team ball. I'm glad we got a won that game. What's your point?

Now, why dont you answer the question of the thread? Is there any post player that demands a double team every time? Is it because there's only one answer?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

There's no player like that. That's why we played stupid tonight.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Team ball is not the answer for this team.

Kobe sometimes has questionable shot selection; not tonight.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

like i said before the game , dont double duncan... let him get 40 if he has to
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Double-teaming Duncan when you have a guy like Kwame, who is as close to a defensive stopper as you get is absolutely idiotic. If you watch last year's game 7 of the Finals, you can't even soft-double teaming them and hope that they'll miss. These guys are too smart. If they expect a double, they'll be ready. And if you listened to Kenny Smith, you know that it's much easier to make a shot when you know the ball is coming to you.

Don't double Duncan unless he has taken many dribbles with his feet in the paint, in this case you know he can't pass. Never double him before he makes his move and was looking around. Force him to make a move, or if you're going to double him, double him before he has a chance to survey the floor.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

BraveHeartII wrote:
Double-teaming Duncan when you have a guy like Kwame, who is as close to a defensive stopper as you get is absolutely idiotic.

I absolutely agree.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:

Phil had the genius plan to start Coom vs. Duncan.

Result = Duncan had 9 assists and their guards carrier nights from downtown.

Phil ignores stuff like that unfortunetly.
Wannabeer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

I'm sorry but thats exactly what I was thinking!
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:

kups wrote:
BraveHeartII wrote:
Double-teaming Duncan when you have a guy like Kwame, who is as close to a defensive stopper as you get is absolutely idiotic.

I absolutely agree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

KG sees that action a lot...

This is not the first time Dunc has been double teamed. The man was league MVP how many times?

Make no mistake, one on one Duncan will crucify any defender in the league. Lets not start kidding ourselves here.
Wannabeer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

This is not the first time Dunc has been double teamed. The man was league MVP how many times?

Make no mistake, one on one Duncan will crucify any defender in the league. Lets not start kidding ourselves here.

Exactly, he's actually looking near 100%, which is good enough to beat ANY defender in this league, let alone a career underachiever like Kwame...but like I said before, lets wait and see on friday if they dont double team TD....
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Not when you have Kwame. He needs help on the quicker bigs but with guys like SnaQ, EB, TD or B. Wallace Kwame can hold his own.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

Maybe Jax should give it a shot next game, but please have a plan B!

Lord have mercy don't, let Dunc get started...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Sage_10 wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Not when you have Kwame. He needs help on the quicker bigs but with guys like SnaQ, EB, TD or B. Wallace Kwame can hold his own.

I agree except for EB, who falls into the "quicker bigs" category. There is no post player in today's game that demands a double team on every possession. Not one.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

I don't know, during the last Clipper game EB was torching Cook he made about 6 straight shots. Out comes Kwame and EB looks human. The point is Kwame, unlike Mihm or Cookie, can keep him out of the post where he does the most damage.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any post player that demands a double team every time?

Wannabeer wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

Exactly, he's actually looking near 100%, which is good enough to beat ANY defender in this league, let alone a career underachiever like Kwame...but like I said before, lets wait and see on friday if they dont double team TD....

TD is the 2nd best player in the league...hands down..

Not doubling him is suicide.
Doubling him when there is NO ROTATION...that's suicide too...

You want to blame somebody? Blame the help rotation on the perimeter.

The perimeter man on the STRONG side should NEVER get off an uncontested 3 when you double. The team has to keep it's head in the game and anticipate that pass out and close that passing lane off...

If they were getting those shots off after 2 passes, I would say that they executed that perfectly...

Getting great shots on a kickout from a double? That's piss-poor help-rotation DEFENSE...period.

Ans Shaq, TD, KG and D Howard are the ONLY players I would NOT leave in man-to-man coverage...
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Double team for what purpose? To stop them from scoring, then no, but I'm sure there are other reasons teams do it including the belief that the big isn't a good passer and they'll trap him with the ball.

With a lot of the more talented bigs out there, they'll hurt you passing out of the post, but they're not going to drop a lot of points on you if you single cover them. I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I imagine that's what happened with TD considering how well the guards shot.

There really is no big in the league, save last year's version of Amare (and maybe JO last year), that you have to worry about dropping 40 on you. Shaq used to be an absolute must double, but he's fallen off to the point where Mihm and Kwame individually give him problems. TD has the ability, but he has so many weapons on that team he doesn't have to and he's more than willing to let somebody else be the leading scorer..
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

i think the big guys, KG, TD, shaq all get doubled except for the pistons who play everyone straight up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: