Profit is working out with the Lakers - is this even legal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

That's good news to me.

I would say he's a lock to get a TC invitation for next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

I think Kobe-clone Laron will be next season, even PJ likes his game and easily adapts in the triangle. We can waive Mckie for Laron while the other scrubs (Puke,Sasha) can be traded to a decent PG. Mihm and DG can be traded for KG, another pipe-dream!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
hey, what happens if Profit rehabs so well that he's back to 100% come playoffs? would he be eligible to play for the Lakers? [and maybe waive McKie/Green ?] just a thought...

it won't physically happen. the achilles tendon rupture rehab takes a while. fortunately for laron, he is relatively young.

he had a nice first step (which involves the gastrocnemius/soleus muscle group, among other lower extremity muscle groups). yes, this muscle converges onto the achilles tendon.

we can't expect too many miracles in ONE season (e.g. ronny turiaf, that confounds the heck out of many of my colleagues (not just me)).

early next season on the safe side with; probably on IR until mid-season, next year (to be really safe).
Wouldn't there be different degrees of severity for an achilles rupture? All the reports have been general in stating that it is a rupture and none that I have seen have discussed severity.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

I'm just curious why the LAKER (AM570, FSN, KCAL 9)media hasn't mentioned how important Profit was coming off the bench?

And now no mention of him starting to practice.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I'm just curious why the LAKER (AM570, FSN, KCAL 9)media hasn't mentioned how important Profit was coming off the bench?

Maybe so the Lakers don't get any competition to sign him in the off-season?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

nice to read that. Mitch has a tendancy to get the right "throw-in" when he makes his trades. First JJ, then Laron.
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

Well, here's hoping we don't allow him to get away like JJ and then have Phillip say, "we didn't know how good he was". What an indictment there. Anyway, every player can't be KJ, McGrady, you need these types of guys...the Laron Profits of the world who are clearly comfortable in their "own" skin and can simply ball. Not guys preoccupied with what Kobe is doing or not...guys who just "play". Laron strikes me as that kind of dude...his tenacity reminds me of Fox, but his demeanor is all Big Shot Rob. He can just play ball and don't give a &(*^% does his thing, team guy, plays the game, goes home. I miss him and our team missed him this year. He was undoubtedly a calming force in that second unit and actually could score against the shot clock when the other yahoo's stalled the ball movement. Hope we find a way to keep him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:

he had a nice first step (which involves the gastrocnemius/soleus muscle group, among other lower extremity muscle groups). yes, this muscle converges onto the achilles tendon.

How could the injury affect his first step?

I hope he is brought back next season, he is the backup SG that we had hoped Rush could become.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Maybe so the Lakers don't get any competition to sign him in the off-season?

In that case mums the word.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: