Will Snaq comeback as Purple and Gold?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Shaq do not have to come back to have his jersey retired. That standing ovation he got at the Staple Center and the playing of the Superman theme song over the PA system earlier in the season, says it all.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
A "Professional" shaq would have brought us 5 in a row...

If Horry made that shot in G5 we wouldn't be talking about this, our role-players were getting old and Mitch never did anything about it.

if Kobe wants to have a top rep on his game and off the court he better take us to the playoffs or IMO he's a failure without Shaq.
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

meh...i rreally don't mind getting shaq back for a vet min. it seems that its all ok between him and kobe now since he's understanding that he's old and frail.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Trey wrote:

If Horry made that shot in G5 we wouldn't be talking about this, our role-players were getting old and Mitch never did anything about it.

if Kobe wants to have a top rep on his game and off the court he better take us to the playoffs or IMO he's a failure without Shaq.

You might want to be a bit slower with your typing...

I feel as will most others that the last half of your last sentence is a waste of pixels

Can Kobe control the horrible substitution patterns by Phil?
senator kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Shaq's burned too many bridges with me, pretty sure Buss feels the same way.
Intensity
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

There is no way in hell shaq's jersey will be retired as a Laker.. For one you HAVE to retire as a laker, and they will not let him come back. You cannot retire a jersey if he did not retire with that team, it doesn't work like that in LA. Also, he burned way too many bridges on his departure, calling us the "evil empire" and all that sh*t he talked on Jerry Buss and the organization last season will definitely not let him come back. And I'm glad his jersey doesn't retire with us; his jersey and name does not belong up there with all the other laker greats. Those players cared about the long tradition of the organization and completed their career with the purple and gold. Shaq is just an overweight over emotional baby who can't see the fact that his best days are behind him. Mark my words. IT'LL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN SHAQ'S JERSEY GETS RETIRED AT STAPLES.....
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

The Bryantaires better step up their games then.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Say NO to snaqer
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Intensity wrote:
There is no way in hell shaq's jersey will be retired as a Laker.. For one you HAVE to retire as a laker, and they will not let him come back. You cannot retire a jersey if he did not retire with that team, it doesn't work like that in LA. Also, he burned way too many bridges on his departure, calling us the "evil empire" and all that sh*t he talked on Jerry Buss and the organization last season will definitely not let him come back. And I'm glad his jersey doesn't retire with us; his jersey and name does not belong up there with all the other laker greats. Those players cared about the long tradition of the organization and completed their career with the purple and gold. Shaq is just an overweight over emotional baby who can't see the fact that his best days are behind him. Mark my words. IT'LL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN SHAQ'S JERSEY GETS RETIRED AT STAPLES.....

You want to bet? I say his jersey gets retired within 10 years after he retires - WITHOUT A DOUBT.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
_LAKESHOW_ wrote:
without shaq, we dont win 3 in a row. yeah . . . his jersey will be retired as soon as he hangs it up.

Phil Jackson with Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'neal in the line-up would have brought us 8 in a row.

Ofcourse with complimentary players such as...

Derek Fisher, Ron Harper, or Brian Shaw @ PG or SG

Rick Fox or Devean George @ SF

Robert Horry, Horace Grant or A.C. Green @ PF

Elden Campbell @ C

What could have been... sigh...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Intensity wrote:

wow...so much anger. relax man.

if it doesn't bother him:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/haseeb03/kobeandshaq.jpg

...it shouldn't bother you.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Da ocho, are you some sort of therapist??? btw, that picture doesn't sum up how Kobe feels about Shaq,

Here's the real situation..

LINK
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Da ocho, are you some sort of therapist??? btw, that picture doesn't sum up how Kobe feels about Shaq,

LINK

no i'm not a therapist...but i can research a name of one for you if you're looking for some help.

that article is three years old. people who reference it are people who can't get over it. its a different story now than it was three years ago. it was a bad breakup, and shaq did things that i wasn't a fan of. but he's still an important figure in laker history and i am able to have respect for him and what he helped us accomplish while he was here.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

LINK

no i'm not a therapist...but i can research a name of one for you if you're looking for some help.

dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

as much as shaq may have burned his bridges on the way out, the lakers are a class organization and will do right by shaq...probably something like byron scott signing then retiring just to finish with the lakers...can't imagine not having shaq's jersey up on the rafters...the man deserves that much, IMO...i think kupchak himself said that no one else would be wearing 34 for the lakers again...?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

that article is three years old. people who reference it are people who can't get over it. its a different story now than it was three years ago. it was a bad breakup, and shaq did things that i wasn't a fan of. but he's still an important figure in laker history and i am able to have respect for him and what he helped us accomplish while he was here.

Then i guess you don't care if he dissed us fans the city organization Dr.buss.

like i said you sound like a good guy who has a good heart but it is what it is you can't forgive if something has been burned down.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Snaq comeback as Purple and Gold?

orwell wrote:
lakers1969 wrote:
Do you think Snaq will comeback as purple and gold so Laker can retire his jersey? Will management acquire him for a minimum vet to do a Divac/Mckie thing?

As Bynum's practice dummy? The answer is YEEES!

too that brothers. When kobe wings a ring or two , if the snaq is still playing , sure he's welcome too ride kobe's jackstrap too his coveted 4 or 5th ring maybe both if he wants.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Will Snaq comeback as Purple and Gold?

lakers1969 wrote:
Do you think Snaq will comeback as purple and gold so Laker can retire his jersey? Will management acquire him for a minimum vet to do a Divac/Mckie thing?

Smoke another one guy!

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
da ocho wrote:
im not sure what that sentence meant. is that supposed to be two sentences?

anyway my point is you can choose to be angry over the past or you can choose to accept it and move on. it's up to you.

Who says anyone is angry? you told everyone to forgive Shaq because the past always matter but you know what thats you're opinion.

Shaq has already done enough damage to us fans and this organization.

Would you forgive you're girl if she had sex with other guys every night? it's easy for you but to other people it's not.

2.0?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: