kobe hurt the team in the 3rd quarter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

maybe you should watch it again.

pathetic thread.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

shaq suxs wrote:
uberzev wrote:
ya rly. this should be locked.

Why don't we lock all the Lamar, Smush, Sasha, Cook, and (insert a Lakers player's name) criticism/bash threads.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

We also have to give credit to Parker and Finely hitting those crucial shots in the 4th qrt! Those two kept hitting shots right after Kobe drained a 3. It took the air out of our lil "come-back". Granted, Parker and Finley were left open, but still, give them credit for draining their shots.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

The lakers shot 50+% in the first half. Did it ever occur to you that the spurs, the best defensive team, might adjust and tighten up their defense in the second half? I, for one, worried about it during the half time. We know what happened in the third. And it's no coincidence that the lakers had trouble scoring and kobe had to take a lot of shots in the third. I didn't see kobe forcing shots until late in the fourth when he was blazing hot. If the lakers can have a few stops when kobe made 4 3s in a row, they still would've won that game. A moment of melting down or an atrocious quarter happens to every team once a while. Even the pistons let us had a 18-0 run in the third. The thing is, elite teams often be able to make critical defensive stops when needed. And that, is what the lakers lack and why they are a mediocre team.

By the way the spurs allow their opponents shoot 42% on average. The lakers shot at 47% in the last game. The spurs average FG% this season is 47% and we allow them shot 52.4%. So please don't blame this loss on our offense.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Our defense in the 3rd clearly lost us the game. If you want to blame Kobe taking shots out of the flow of the game you could subtract the 4 straight three pointers he nailed in the 4th as well. (only credited for three but all four were beyond the arc).
jxhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
shaq suxs wrote:
uberzev wrote:
ya rly. this should be locked.

Why don't we lock all the Lamar, Smush, Sasha, Cook, and (insert a Lakers player's name) criticism/bash threads.

nah, just yours )
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
Kobe did jump out of the triangle and forced some unneccessary shots. He was clearly preset on scoring mode, which did break the flow of the offense. When this happens, it's a bleak win-lose situation. Either we blow the team out or dig ourselves in double-digit deficits. As we have witnessed this whole season, this team plays better defense when they are involved on the offense. Sad but true.

Well put. I would only disagree with the "bleak win-lose" part. Oftentimes they can get by fine with Kobe breaking the tri for a spell - otherwise they would lose almost every game - it's just that in this particular stretch it seemed as though every time he came down, took and missed his shot, Ginobli came right back with a 3 and within two minutes it had all fallen apart. Nonetheless, it needs to be noted that without Kobe the Lakers are finished three minutes into this game.
Laker2Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: kobe

As we know this team goes as kobe goes...whenever there's a lost...kobe will have to be the one taking the blame regardless...eventho he had a pretty good game...he is the leader and will be shouldering team...however, we shouldn't pick on his missed shots....kobe's shots are difficult and ill advised for other players...but for kobe it's not...he force shots to try to make them not to miss...as we all know his goal is to win the game at whatever cost....would this thread exist if he took those same shots in the 3rd quarter but made them instead?....i'd say chances are not.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Third quarter collapses have been a problem for the Lakers. I'm willing to bet that in most of them, Kobe didn't shoot enough! This just happened to be another third quarter collapse, except the difference on offense was that Kobe was shooting the ball a lot. That automatically indicts him in the eyes some.

Like many here I don't think that Kobe shooting a lot = third quarter collapse. It's pretty obvious that the bad defense/Spurs making their shots like crazy = third quarter collapse. The Spurs seemed extremely motivated to beat the Lakers. I've never seen them hit shots from the perimeter as a team like that. That's why even Phil said something like, we'll see if all those shots go in on Friday.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: kobe hurt the team in the 3rd quarter

nesli wrote:
The match was on NBA TVint. I watched the replay two times.
--I don't know why but kobe forced too much at the beginning of third quarter it hurt the team a lot.
--Smush is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen. Parker was wide open several times because smush tried to steal in every possession.
--Smush also forced his shots.
--They unnecessarily double duncan.Brain cook :x
--Kobe didn't utilize lamar.He passed 2! times in the second half.He was only thinking scoring.
--yeah he was fantastic :D . at it.

I guess if you are going to blame someone I guess it has to be Kobe. So you are on the blame Kobe bandwagon, get real, it is a team game and this game was lost on defense. I would suggest if you don't like Kobe's game then it would be time to find a new team. BTW, we won't be heartbroken if you do, in fact you can leave now!

Lamar needs to utilize himself and be consistent, he definately did not play like he did in the previous game against the Spurs! But then again it is a team effort and it is not all Lamar's fault and Kobe did what he could do and did it well against the top defensive team!
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
I agree about this much, he wrecked the offense in the third quarter by forcing about 4-5 shots in a row. Don't know what he was thinking.
However that is independant of our defense failing to close out on Manu. Of those 4 threes he hit, only one was contested. Lamar fell asleep as usual.

The sad thing is that in the fourth we continued to commit the same mistake over and over. Finley and Tony each getting too much space, went off and it killed us.

I agree 100% about smush. He's one of the laziest defenders I've ever seen.
It always happens like this. When the Lakers opponents get even a little run, the other Lakers STOP SHOOTING, and keep looking for Kobe! Often, once the ball is in Kobe's hands, the rest stand around, rather than run their sets. Kobe is put in the position of taking the shots, or driving hard, because nobody is getting in the position to score, and even when Kobe DOES pass out of these situations, the ball comes right back to him.

some of us in the gamethread were talking about this bad stretch for kobe. he has a tendency to just get too impatient with whats going on in the game when the other team makes a small run and tries to hit a homerun to get them back in it. while kobe's forces in the 3rd werent the reason we lost, if u look at what happened, that small period is basically where the spurs put us away. kobe would bring the ball up and call his own number or call for a pick and shot it everytime. that is certainly not the offense this team wants to play. not only that, the entire spurs defense can key in on kobe while hes at the top of the key rather than when hes moving without the ball trying to get in better scoring position. he didnt trust the offense and tried to do too much in that stretch. it was like a snowball effect, ginobili 3, kobe force, ginobili 3, kobe force, duncan layup, kobe force, ginobili 3, kobe force. all of a sudden a 6 point game becomes 15 and we are too far out of it for kobe's heroics to make a difference. nobody else even touched the ball once it crossed halfcourt in this stretch. playing that style fits in exactly to what the spurs always try to play kobe. they always try to get into his head and make him play selfish basketball. and in that stretch it definitely worked as they put us away in that 3rd quarter stretch.
jeso08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

This tread is garbage and stupid.

Great post guys…..LakerJam, re4ee, sodapoppenski

As well as stupid ones with plenty of holes….Nesli, mike_kb, CrimsonLaker, Socks- try watching the game before you comment (Kobe played a great game).

We lost to a great team, that took advantage of a young team that has trouble in the 3rd quarters and closing games down the stretch.
Kobe has been pouring his heart out all season, he’s a SCORER AND ITS CRITICAL THAT HE CONTINUES TO BE THAT TREAT. He’s the best player in the league and if you think that he’s not entitle to force shots(good shots for him), you are stunted. There hasn’t been a great player in the history of the league that hasn’t force shots. THAT’S WHY THEY WERE GREAT!

So can stop with these stupid treads…..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: