Kobe has scored 40+ points in the last
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Agar5 wrote:
I would like to see his 40 point games turn into wins. He was forcing alot of shots but only Kobe gets a pass like that because we all know what he can do in the 4th quarter.

I was reading the game thread and many people were rightfully upset at Kobe for taking too many shots and not looking for teammates. The guy is just relentless and fearless even if he is not having a good game.
As you can see in my last post the Lakers are 13-6 in Kobe's 40+ point games so far this season! That's over 68%!

I am referring to his future 40 point wins. If he does go on another scoring rampage and pulls a string of 40 point games I'm hoping they bring us more wins. I agree that him scoring like gives us a better chance of winning.
Irishladdie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

Phil said afterword that he wanted Kobe too take all those shots and get back in his groove. Phil is the coach don't act like Kobe isn't looking for his teammates. He is doing what Phil asks of him.
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Agar5 wrote:
I would like to see his 40 point games turn into wins. He was forcing alot of shots but only Kobe gets a pass like that because we all know what he can do in the 4th quarter.

I was reading the game thread and many people were rightfully upset at Kobe for taking too many shots and not looking for teammates. The guy is just relentless and fearless even if he is not having a good game.

Irishladdie wrote:
Phil said afterword that he wanted Kobe too take all those shots and get back in his groove. Phil is the coach don't act like Kobe isn't looking for his teammates. He is doing what Phil asks of him.

I don't understand why you get so definsive. My original posts says that I was following the game thread and many people were upset at Kobe for taking too many shots and not looking for teammates.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

JayInLA wrote:
You know, I wouldn't mind these 40 point games if they didn't come along with piss poor FG%'s. I'd like to see him make better shot selections instead of forcing the issue when he goes cold.

I don't think shooting over 44% over the past 4 games is "piss poor FG%", especially when entire defenses are geared specifically towards stopping you.

Let me also add that on the season, Kobe is shooting 47.25% on average in games when he scores 40 or more points. That's an excellent percentage.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is just flat out amazing. The Lakers record of 40 points in a season is within reach. 4 more games to tie it 5 to beat it. I think he can do it. Mj's record of 27 or 29 are withing reach as well. Especially, if he continues the groove that he is in. Sucks that I can't watch him. We are watching one of the best in the game. Let's not forget that.
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

KB8LJ23 wrote:
Kobe is just flat out amazing. The Lakers record of 40 points in a season is within reach. 4 more games to tie it 5 to beat it. I think he can do it. Mj's record of 27 or 29 are withing reach as well. Especially, if he continues the groove that he is in. Sucks that I can't watch him. We are watching one of the best in the game. Let's not forget that.

MJ doesnt have a record of 27 or 29 Forty Pt games in a row-- his best is 9 or 10
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

O maybe you're talking about 27 or 29 Forty Pt games in a season? If thats true Im pretty sure Wilt owns that record.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

puajibai wrote:
KB8LJ23 wrote:

MJ doesnt have a record of 27 or 29 Forty Pt games in a row-- his best is 9 or 10

It's nine, Kobe tied with it in 03
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

puajibai wrote:
O maybe you're talking about 27 or 29 Forty Pt games in a season? If thats true Im pretty sure Wilt owns that record.

Yes, he's talking over the course of the season. I believe MJ has 27 40 pt. games in a season and while Wilt's is 63, Kobe can still pass up MJ on the list - which is always nice.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
puajibai wrote:

Yes, he's talking over the course of the season. I believe MJ has 27 40 pt. games in a season and while Wilt's is 63, Kobe can still pass up MJ on the list - which is always nice.

If Kobe does, then he will probably end up averaging more than MJ in 87. (37ppg)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: