Peyton Manning to be released by the Colts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
Now that he's a free agent, let's sign him to play PG for the Lakers.

There's no doubt in his passing abilities
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I hear you guys were following him like OJ and really I don't think he'll play for Miami I can't see it.

I mean they'll have a better season than the Colts but taking ones talents to South Beach is rather cliche at this point.

Where do you think he's going to play? Houston? Washington? Denver? Jacksonville? Jets?

There's only only two option that is great for Peyton Manning. Houston and Miami.

In Miami, the Dolphins got everything for him. It's the perfect place for him to play and to retire.

I never thought too much about it because I never thought this day would come but probably KC or Denver at this point.

KC because they're an AFC team that loves old QB's

Denver its the only thing to get rid of Tebowmania and he's BFF's with Todd Helton of the Rockies. And Colts grow up to become Broncos.

However I can't picture Bronco Nation embracing a QB that's owned them his entire career....
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Doubt he wants to play in those types of weather.

Peter King said earlier that Houston is out of the race. Houston will stick with their bootleg offense...

Pretty much, it's Miami...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Conker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I hear you guys were following him like OJ and really I don't think he'll play for Miami I can't see it.

I mean they'll have a better season than the Colts but taking ones talents to South Beach is rather cliche at this point.

Where do you think he's going to play? Houston? Washington? Denver? Jacksonville? Jets?

There's only only two option that is great for Peyton Manning. Houston and Miami.

In Miami, the Dolphins got everything for him. It's the perfect place for him to play and to retire.

I never thought too much about it because I never thought this day would come but probably KC or Denver at this point.

Denver its the only thing to get rid of Tebowmania and he's BFF's with Todd Helton of the Rockies. And Colts grow up to become Broncos.

However I can't picture Bronco Nation embracing a QB that's owned them his entire career....

Except KC's line can't run block or pass block. He'll die under that line and there's no guarantee KC can keep Dwayne Bowe long term.

Denver, I think he'll want to avoid the Tebowmania mess that's sure to come. He's already fed up with the media attention so far, it'll only get worse if he goes to the Donkeys.

Conker wrote:

Peter King said earlier that Houston is out of the race. Houston will stick with their bootleg offense...

Plus, Houston already has a quality well-paid QB in Schaub. Had he stayed healthy, they would've given NE a run for its money.

Miami is the perfect place for him to play. Stud WR, excellent slot WR, Stud LT, great RB duo, young and improving D, and an owner willing to pay a truckload not just for him but possibly a former U star in Wayne.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Conker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Except KC's line can't run block or pass block. He'll die under that line and there's no guarantee KC can keep Dwayne Bowe long term.

Denver, I think he'll want to avoid the Tebowmania mess that's sure to come. He's already fed up with the media attention so far, it'll only get worse if he goes to the Donkeys.

Conker wrote:

Plus, Houston already has a quality well-paid QB in Schaub. Had he stayed healthy, they would've given NE a run for its money.

Miami is the perfect place for him to play. Stud WR, excellent slot WR, Stud LT, great RB duo, young and improving D, and an owner willing to pay a truckload not just for him but possibly a former U star in Wayne.
ughh, i hate missinformed people. Our Line is fine. The only position we need replaced is RT (KC). Our RT sucks i wont say he dont, but soon as matt Cassel went down. Our sacks went from way to much to hardly at all. I think Palko and Orton got sacked a total of 5 times in the last 7 games. Thats pretty good. We didnt have any running backs once Jamaal Charles went down. Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle are terrrible running backs.

Anyways. This is going to be interesting to see who gets Peyton Manning. This reporter from Denver, is saying KC already offered Manning a Contract. Brandon Spano is his name.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Conker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Conker wrote:

ughh, i hate missinformed people. Our Line is fine. The only position we need replaced is RT (KC). Our RT sucks i wont say he dont, but soon as matt Cassel went down. Our sacks went from way to much to hardly at all. I think Palko and Orton got sacked a total of 5 times in the last 7 games. Thats pretty good. We didnt have any running backs once Jamaal Charles went down. Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle are terrrible running backs.

Anyways. This is going to be interesting to see who gets Peyton Manning. This reporter from Denver, is saying KC already offered Manning a Contract. Brandon Spano is his name.

Charles wasn't doing much even before he went down. Palko and Orton avoided sacks by throwing incompletes and picks but they got knocked down very often. Either way, it'd be best for Manning to say no to KC.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject:

Peyton is going to the Cardinals imo.

I think the indoor stadium wins out versus the relationships with Fox/Elway.

Doesn't have to deal with Tebowmania either
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:

I don't think so people seem to think that Manning always wanted to play indoors when he was drafted the Colts happened to play indoors.

I just don't see him joining the NFC the AFC is the easiest path to the SB
lakersareprettygood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:

The question now is do the Cardinals have enough talent to get Peyton to the Super Bowl? His window is closing as he's 36 now.

I don't think they do, and I think they're wasting their time by not developing someone like Kolb.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject:

lakersareprettygood wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

The question now is do the Cardinals have enough talent to get Peyton to the Super Bowl? His window is closing as he's 36 now.

I don't think they do, and I think they're wasting their time by not developing someone like Kolb.

Kolb sucks. But, Cardinals don't have all the pieces to go to the Super Bowl. But you never know with good coaching and some solid pieces in the NFL. Look at the Giants and the 49ers.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject:

Easiest Division in the NFL is the AFC West. I'm a Raider fannnnnnnnn...

I think Peyton plays in Denver.

Stays in the AFC and has the easiest possible route to the Playoffs where the Broncos just won the AFC West.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

I don't think so people seem to think that Manning always wanted to play indoors when he was drafted the Colts happened to play indoors.

I just don't see him joining the NFC the AFC is the easiest path to the SB

Indeed. He was used to playing in the South from his time in Tennessee and when the Colts were part of the AFC East (Miami) and South. Plus he owns a home in Florida (not sure why he'd ever want to unless he was retired).
oiboyz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Been following all the Tweeting reporters who claim to have inside sources... they say the Broncos really think they'll get Manning, and plan to trade Tebow if it happens.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject:

No Peyton for the Seahawks and Griefs apparently. Manning's next meeting is with the Dolphins and Titans.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I hope Peyton goes to Miami.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject:

A return to Tennessee or south beach make the most sense if he want's teams with decent offensive weapons already in place and natural grass surface to play on for his aging body.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject:

oiboyz wrote:
Been following all the Tweeting reporters who claim to have inside sources... they say the Broncos really think they'll get Manning, and plan to trade Tebow if it happens.

Seems like Broncos are faves for the moment, John Elway wants to rid Denver of Tebowmania in the worst way.

Never been a fan of Peyton Manning, not sure why, but have always rooted against him every single time. If he somehow ends up in Denver, there's something about the situation where it would be good to see him succeed.

Tough to see a Hall of Famer get jettisoned from the city where he gave his all, best of luck on his comeback.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
oiboyz wrote:

Seems like Broncos are faves for the moment, John Elway wants to rid Denver of Tebowmania in the worst way.

Never been a fan of Peyton Manning, not sure why, but have always rooted against him every single time. If he somehow ends up in Denver, there's something about the situation where it would be good to see him succeed.

Tough to see a Hall of Famer get jettisoned from the city where he gave his all, best of luck on his comeback.

Don't know if I can stomach seeing Peyton with the Donkeys. Plus, as of now, Denver's receiving corps is still really unproven and underachieving (even if you can excuse them for having Tebow).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject:

The Broncos have nearly $50M to spend this season and still stay under the cap. If they get Peyton, I'd expect them to also get a good or great WR to pair with him plus add a few more pieces.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
oiboyz wrote:

Don't know if I can stomach seeing Peyton with the Donkeys. Plus, as of now, Denver's receiving corps is still really unproven and underachieving (even if you can excuse them for having Tebow).

If Peyton doesn't go to the Donkeys, it would be good to see him in a Dolphins uniform but with that Brandon Marshall trade, I have no idea what Jeff Ireland was doing. Thought they said the 5-6 hr meeting w/ Coach Philbin was constructive.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
K2 wrote:
oiboyz wrote:

If Peyton doesn't go to the Donkeys, it would be good to see him in a Dolphins uniform but with that Brandon Marshall trade, I have no idea what Jeff Ireland was doing. Thought they said the 5-6 hr meeting w/ Coach Philbin was constructive.

Unless Brandon Marshall is in jail or in a psych ward, this is a ridiculously stupid move. Jeff Ireland should be tarred and feathered. And for only 2 3rd round picks.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject:

They might be clearing cap space to get V-Jackson and/or some of Peyton's buddies from Indy. Or they're just giving up
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhTeuaInKv3kkkGK5UQAsVQ5nYcB?slug=ap-pursuingmanning

Quote:
The stealthy 49ers are in the chase for Peyton Manning. The Dolphins and Cardinals are out. And the Broncos and Titans want to make sure the four-time NFL MVP is healthy.

Ah (bleep). Time to call for the heads of Ireland and Ross on a platter.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhTeuaInKv3kkkGK5UQAsVQ5nYcB?slug=ap-pursuingmanning

Quote:
The stealthy 49ers are in the chase for Peyton Manning. The Dolphins and Cardinals are out. And the Broncos and Titans want to make sure the four-time NFL MVP is healthy.

Ah (bleep). Time to call for the heads of Ireland and Ross on a platter.

I have been saying Peyton should go to the 49ers since he got released. Makes them the Super Bowl favorite imo.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject:

SF makes sense except for the fact that they met Eli in the NFC Championship game and were a few mental mistakes away from beating him. Would Peyton really want to eliminate Eli from the playoffs? Sure, they can meet in the superbowl if Peyton stays AFC but that way, at least someone is guaranteed a ring. With both in NFC, one can eliminate the other and still not go all the way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: