Very cool Ronny Turiaf video on google video. (in french)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Very cool Ronny Turiaf video on google video. (in french)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2758354593677837879&q=kobe

They show Ronny's reaction to Kobe's 81 points and some clips of him looking for a house in LA.
Yukmouth-Outlawz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

great video, and since i know many of the members dont understand french i will translate the part of turiaf in the video...it will come in a couple of minutes
Yukmouth-Outlawz
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Ronny: It was a huge spectacle, i think that every players on the team were really proud to be part of the game and we were happy to feed him the ball, we wanted to give him the ball and to make history. I personally feel like it’s the greatest performance ever.

(Interviewer) And Kobe can now count on Ronny, the Frenchman is back on the court after a heart operation. From Spokane to East Seattle to LA, a trip of about 2 hours and a half in plane. This was what Ronny turiaf was supposed to do when he was drafted by the Lakers out of University; he was discovered with a heart anomaly.

Ronny: I had to have an operation and wait 7 months before returning to basketball.
I have a pessimistic philosophy, I know that there will always have obstacle that will happen in my life, so I got to be ready to step to the challenge. I didn’t had this operation for nothing, I want to go out there and prove them that I can play in the NBA. And for all those who thought that I couldn’t play in the NBA, I have a special place for them in my head and I think about them everyday.

(Interviewer) Forget the operation, all the administrative problems, on the 7th of February, Ronny made his debut in the NBA.

Ronny: Honestly, I start to regain my rhythm and my physical conditioning. I start to find my role on the team. My job is to focus on making good passes, go for the boards and to hustle, that’s all. If I do this, I will have a long career. Behind a star doesn’t interest me, staying in the shadow isn’t a problem for me.

(Interviewer) Making life easier for Kobe Bryant is one of the missions accepted by Ronny when he signed in LA. The former Gonzaga player brings a vital physical presence and his smile to LA to help one of the most famous team in history.

Ronny: (Laugh) I’m the king of LA now, it’s not Kobe, its Ronny turiaf! Nah I’m kidding, it’s really nice here. I’m close to finally saying that I’m starting my own life, alone. It’s only the beginning. Now I want to do my things, my own apartment, my own laundry, that’s all.

Ronny visiting houses...

(Interviewer) The obstacles, Ronny is going through them with success, and he is close to finally realizing his dream of being a basketball player.

Ronny: Only to play a couple minutes, that’s great for me. Not many can say that they accomplished what I did. It’s great in the beginning to wave the towel from the bench, but I wanna bring something more to the team. It’s something important to me.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the translation. Good video as well.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Good vid. Nice find.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Very cool. Thank you for posting and thank you for translating and giving us that peak into Ronny's world.
orido86
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject:

tnx
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:

unfortunately, google video does not support my area so far. WOW THEY DONT SUPPORT CHINA???

anyways i got the translation so thanks.

go ronny!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

kobeodom wrote:
unfortunately, google video does not support my area so far. WOW THEY DONT SUPPORT CHINA???

anyways i got the translation so thanks.

go ronny!
Probably has something to do with China's internet policies, they've asked all the major search engines to block most access from China.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: