According to these idiot fans, Kobe is tradable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
I would trade Kobe for Yao and LeBron ....

Yao is trash. Please don't mention he and Kobe in the same breath. I hate Shaq, but Yao isn't even a declining Shaq at this point.

Quote:
Mike@LG Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:12 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone completely overlook the 7 points in 3 minutes, with under 4 minutes to play to help win the game?

I wouldn't call those guys Laker fans. Yeah, he could improve his teammates, but he was a HUGE factor in winning the game.

Watching the game on DVR again last night due to the young uns waking up. I noticed that for the first 7 minutes of the game, everytime Kobe got the ball he shot it.

At first I was like disgusted. No lie. He didn't even look at anyone else and believe me, there were guys with better shots. Same thing in the 3rd period.

Then I realized whom I was watching and that these are not bad shots. When he missed, it wasn't like he was far off. Plus, he is our scorer and the other players weren't frustrated at all. They actually matched his intensity and started hustling. Once everyone else realized Kobe was gunning, the guys hit the boards and picked up the defensive intensity. Once Kobe saw this he stopped gunning. That's when Smush, Chris and Lamar started punishing people because the Hornets really were stunned that Kobe started passing.

It was a good strategy. One I really like if Kobe is hot. Truth is, he shot okay in the first half, but really missed a lot of chippies in the 3rd period. He could have easily went for 60 if he shot 50% in the 3rd. One I really understood when reading how he wasn't speaking before the game, because he was leading by example and not words.

The point is - Kobe's job is to set the tone of the game for his teammates. Lamar's job is to keep the other 3 mentally in the game while remaining aggressive. Smush's job is to harass the hell out of the ball handlers. Chris' job is to give a low post threat and Cook's job is to take advantage of all the doubles Kobe and Lamar get.

Our job as fans is to watch the game is to (bleep) until the owners give us a product worthy of our time and money, then support them until we drop.

Well - my job is to feed my family and this long post is cutting into my work.

Kobe is the greatest - get off his back suckas!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown

Last edited by Addicus on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

Sounds like magic_bryant
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Billy wrote:
I would trade Kobe for Yao and LeBron ....

Yao is trash. Please don't mention he and Kobe in the same breath. I hate Shaq, but yet isn't even a declining Shaq at this point.

Quote:
Mike@LG Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:12 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone completely overlook the 7 points in 3 minutes, with under 4 minutes to play to help win the game?

I wouldn't call those guys Laker fans. Yeah, he could improve his teammates, but he was a HUGE factor in winning the game.

Watching the game on DVR again last night due to the young uns waking up. I noticed that for the first 7 minutes of the game, everytime Kobe got the ball he shot it.

At first I was like disgusted. No lie. He didn't even look at anyone else and believe me, there were guys with better shots. Same thing in the 3rd period.

Then I realized whom I was watching and that these are not bad shots. When he missed, it wasn't like he was far off. Plus, he is our scorer and the other players weren't frustrated at all. They actually matched his intensity and started hustling. Once everyone else realized Kobe was gunning, the guys hit the boards and picked up the defensive intensity. Once Kobe saw this he stopped gunning. That's when Smush, Chris and Lamar started punishing people because the Hornets really were stunned that Kobe started passing.

It was a good strategy. One I really like if Kobe is hot. Truth is, he shot okay in the first half, but really missed a lot of chippies in the 3rd period. He could have easily went for 60 if he shot 50% in the 3rd. One I really understood when reading how he wasn't speaking before the game, because he was leading by example and not words.

The point is - Kobe's job is to set the tone of the game for his teammates. Lamar's job is to keep the other 3 mentally in the game while remaining aggressive. Smush's job is to harass the hell out of the ball handlers. Chris' job is to give a low post threat and Cook's job is to take advantage of all the doubles Kobe and Lamar get.

Our job as fans is to watch the game is to (bleep) until the owners give us a product worthy of our time and money, then support them until we drop.

Well - my job is to feed my family and this long post is cutting into my work.

Kobe is the greatest - get off his back suckas!

People also forget that same Hornets team kicked our ass the first time we played. Then you add in the playoff importance and I'm glad Kobe was aggressive from the get go. Truth is had he came out passive and we would have lost people would complain about that as well saying he was to passive. Always a double edged sword for Mr. Bryant.
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

Of course, no one in his right mind would trade Kobe for Yao only. The meat of my "trade" was LeBron.

But to say Yao is "trash" isn't fair. The guy is averaging 20/10 this season. How many other centers averaging that?

None ... I thought so.

Of course, this is not happening. Otherwise, by sending out 35/5/5, we would receive a 20/10/2 center and a 30/8/8 swing man who is young enough to make the Lakers good for the next 10-15 years ... WOW ...
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: According to these idiot fans, Kobe is tradable

PROUDLAKERFAN wrote:
I want to expose these comments from some idiot fans from another forum and ask you to respond to them. I'm just besides myself on this one. These comments were made after the game against the Hornets on Wednesday night.

Just show them this quote by Phil Jackson. Obviously Kobe is operating within Phil's scheme:

"He knows the scoring is the major part of what he has to do for us, yet most of the time he's staying within the context, trying to help the guys get going, and then feeling out his game," Jackson said. "Before, I felt that Kobe at times played the game to how he felt his disposition. Now he's playing the game as a leader, and he has done a great job of it."
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
Of course, no one in his right mind would trade Kobe for Yao only. The meat of my "trade" was LeBron.

But to say Yao is "trash" isn't fair. The guy is averaging 20/10 this season. How many other centers averaging that?

None ... I thought so.

Of course, this is not happening. Otherwise, by sending out 35/5/5, we would receive a 20/10/2 center and a 30/8/8 swing man who is young enough to make the Lakers good for the next 10-15 years ... WOW ...

LeBron is 30/7/7 and falling. He plays no D and Yao isn't much of an intimidator in the post. Besides, LeBron will be part of the greatest backcourt ever assembled (exept '92 Dream Team) within 1-2 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
Michlake wrote:
I would trade Kobe...as long as it improves the team.
Is there a way to trade Kobe and improve the team? That might be tough. Maybe if you got 2 or even 3 all-stars in return.

What the? Trading Kobe would be the worst thing Mitch could ever do.

If it improves the team, as Michlake said, how could that possibly be the worst thing Mitch could ever do?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
At this point i wouldn't trade Kobe for Tim Duncan.

Neither would the Spurs.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Kobe is the best, so any trade involving him would bring back less, whether 1-5 guys. he has far surpassed any intangibles multi players would bring. HOWEVER if it truly makes the team better I would have to.

Relax though, Kup would never trade a guy for less talent
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
if Kobe gets traded I will turn myself into a heroin addict and a scumbag to society. My life will become a threat to society.

So you're saying that a trade of Kobe would have no affect on your life?
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

The whole "make your teamates better" thing is garbage, something created to (I believe) specifically target KB8 and further continue the campaign of hate against our boy.

They say: Magic did it.
Bird did it.
Mike did it.

But look at their teamates:

Kareem,Worthy,Cooper,Byron,Mchale,Parish,DJ Johnson,ML Carr,Walton,Pippen,Grant,Rodman,Paxson,Kukoch,etc.

who has KB played with:

LO,smush,slava,luke,chucky atkins,sasha,kwame, etc.

stop hatin'.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

ncaugnit wrote:
The whole "make your teamates better" thing is garbage, something created to (I believe) specifically target KB8 and further continue the campaign of hate against our boy.

Bird did it.
Mike did it.

Kareem,Worthy,Cooper,Byron,Mchale,Parish,DJ Johnson,ML Carr,Walton,Pippen,Grant,Rodman,Paxson,Kukoch,etc.

who has KB played with:

stop hatin'.

Some guy went on Dave Smiths show a while ago and broke out some old clippings of what was said about MJ. EXACTLY the same as what we here about Kobe. It was scary how similar they were.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
ncaugnit wrote:

Bird did it.
Mike did it.

who has KB played with:

stop hatin'.

Some guy went on Dave Smiths show a while ago and broke out some old clippings of what was said about MJ. EXACTLY the same as what we here about Kobe. It was scary how similar they were.

Watch how quickly people jump on the KB bandwagon after he wins his first title w/o Shaq. They did the same thing with Mike. But If Kobe can somehow win a ring around the time of the next olympic games, he will be able to command a similar iconic status to that of Mike J. Jordan even after winning his first group of championships, didn't really become the global pheonmenom he is now until the 92' olympics when he helped lead the Dream Team to a gold medal(remeber the building size poster of Mike in the middle of the city). If Kobe can do the same.....prepare for the all the haters to come to the light side of the force.

church!
LA NATIVE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

kqiu2210 wrote:
The day Mitch trades Kobe is the day I fly to Cali from Australia and assassinate Mitch. I will be worshiped as a hero

Flea?
When they ask me about Shaq, I say, 'I love Shaq, but [screw] Miami.' It is what it is. I'm a Laker and I bleed purple and gold and if you ain't down with the Lakers, f--- you, straight up.-Snoop Dogg
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Neither would the Spurs.

Tim Duncan's body is breaking-down, yes they would, 2-3 years ago probably not but at this point they just might with the likes of asking Bynum in the trade aswell.

Tim Duncan is not the Zeus of Basketball Kobe is.
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

ncaugnit wrote:

Bird did it.
Mike did it.

who has KB played with:

stop hatin'.

Standin ovation!!!
starting with the slow clap of course...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
Kobe for steve nash, duncan, and ray allen

Hahahahahahahaa

Why don't we just trade the entire lakers team and Phil for the entire Spurs team team and Pop or for the entire Pistons team and their coach. That way we trade Kobe and get value in return. Lakers would even throw in Mitch for an old pair of Nikes.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: According to these idiot fans, Kobe is tradable

The following would be responses to these morons, not to the original poster.

Quote:
Well, the rest of the team shot better than Kobe (again!), and you ask what Kobe should do? How about contributing to those who are shoooting better? Kobe had only 1 assist. That's a bit too few if you are not shooting 100% yourself while some of your teammates do. Even Smush missed only 3-pt attempts and made all from closer to basket. Kobe should do better.

I don't want to take anything away from Kobe. He's the heart of the team. But sometimes I wonder what this team would be if we traded Kobe for a decent PG and SG. Just to fill the guard positions with no superstars but bery good guards. Kobe's value would give us pretty much anybody. And what if we had PG like Paul, Nash or Kidd along with some good shooter....?

Of course this will not happen in the near future and it's probably for good. But still...?

Well the rest of the team got wide open shots because Kobe draws double and triple teams. By the way you are one of the dumbest people I've ever met. You have the longterm memory of a common field mouse, actually that's insulting the mouse.

Quote:
There is only one thing that seperates Kobe from the all-time greats. He doesn't make his teammates better. I feel what you're saying dude, I really do. I see how the triangle magically comes alive when Kobe goes to the bench and Odom and the others are forced to "rely on the offense" as Phil put it. I'm not sure what the answer is, but Kobe is going to have to figure it out on his own if he won't listen to Phil and Tex. Kobe is competitive, very true. Kobe wants to win, very true. He's also a freaking ball hog. cliche, but oh so true in this case. there is simply no other way to put it, and no way around that simple fact.
give the freaking ball up Kobe

The only reason this team has the record it does is because of Kobe Bryant, plain and simple, anybody who doesn't agree is a moron, just like you. The triangle magically comes alive for one or two minutes a game, how many games is that going to win you? Kobe is one of the all time greats and is simply adding to that legacy. I can't stand Kobe-jockers, but at the same time you haters are complete morons. He has consistenly led 2 guards in assists, these last two years he has had to focus on scoring to keep his team afloat. The reality of it is, he makes his teammates better simply by drawing away their defenders, if you don't understand that then somebody should speak to your employer or professors and find out how you manage to survive at your job or pass your classes.

Quote:
HE MISSED MORE SHOTS THAN LAMAR ODOM TOOK. Think about that a second. This doesn't happen on other teams. i've never seen stuff like this happen before in the NBA, yet with Kobe it happens all the time. Bottomline, the "kobe needed to shoot that much to win" excuse doens't fly that game. He almost shot us out of the game in the first half. He made up for it in the 4th, but come on....what the hell was he doing in the first half when basically every other laker was on fire, he was getting double teamed, and STILL SHOOTING??? I don't get Kobe sometimes.

Kobe DOES need to shoot that much for this team to win. It does fly, you are an idiot. If Lamar would take more shots and be more aggressive in the game Kobe wouldn't have to take so many shots. Players have off-nights, even Kobe Bryant. If you can't acknowledge that he won that game in the 4th quarter then see the comment for the previous person.

So anyway, these guys are idiots. I wouldn't really care to respond to them, but I'm inches away from chewing out some of my coworkers to the point that they cry or threaten to sue me, so I'm just taking it out on these people.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Hahahahahahahaa

Why don't we just trade the entire lakers team and Phil for the entire Spurs team team and Pop or for the entire Pistons team and their coach. That way we trade Kobe and get value in return. Lakers would even throw in Mitch for an old pair of Nikes.

Because we're LAKER fans, not Spurs fans. If a Laker fan loves the Spurs so bad, he should go become a Spurs fan, not hope for a trade of the teams.

I'll stick with Kobe Bryant, thank you very much. He's only just entering his prime - and that's scary. Think about all the greatness he's already shown - and that was before he entered his prime. Can't wait to see what's next for this kid AS A LAKER.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
I would trade Kobe...as long as it improves the team.
Is there a way to trade Kobe and improve the team? That might be tough. Maybe if you got 2 or even 3 all-stars in return.

We traded Shaq and got three (arguably) quality players.

Just a reminder.

Kobe is more appealing than Shaq though.

I think..... But who knows.

I still would never trade Kobe. He is a part of LA. We all watched him grow up here. Not to mention, he is the best player in the league. And a living sports legend. Enjoy it while you can.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Hahahahahahahaa

Because we're LAKER fans, not Spurs fans. If a Laker fan loves the Spurs so bad, he should go become a Spurs fan, not hope for a trade of the teams.

I'll stick with Kobe Bryant, thank you very much. He's only just entering his prime - and that's scary. Think about all the greatness he's already shown - and that was before he entered his prime. Can't wait to see what's next for this kid AS A LAKER.

The point of this thread from the original post is that Kobe should be traded if that would result in a championship. In keeping with that scenario, then why waste time and not just trade for an entire championship team since this is the only way we can get value for Kobe. As per your comment on who a laker fan is, Your statement "I'll stick with Kobe Bryant, thank you very much" says a lot and brings up the question whether you are a laker Fan or just a Kobe fan.- ie you could have said "I'll stick with the Lakers, thank you very much". If the trade happens as above , and Kobe was on the Spurs, you would root for the Spurs- if Kobe was with the Pistons, you would root for the Pistons.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Hahahahahahahaa

The point of this thread from the original post is that Kobe should be traded if that would result in a championship. In keeping with that scenario, then why waste time and not just trade for an entire championship team since this is the only way we can get value for Kobe. As per your comment on who a laker fan is, Your statement "I'll stick with Kobe Bryant, thank you very much" says a lot and brings up the question whether you are a laker Fan or just a Kobe fan.- ie you could have said "I'll stick with the Lakers, thank you very much". If the trade happens as above , and Kobe was on the Spurs, you would root for the Spurs- if Kobe was with the Pistons, you would root for the Pistons.

For many fans like me, Kobe has been here since I was 10. That is half of my life, Kobe has been my favorite NBA player. I like Kobe way more than I like Jordan from 91-98, and I was a huge MJ fan. he is my 2nd favorite athlete overall outside of Barry Sanders. If the Lakers trade Kobe to the Pistons, i would be a Pistons fan and Laker fan. I would actually despise the Lakers for a year or so until I got over it. It would take Kobe retiring for me to be an ONLY Laker fan as I am right now.

Why do you think it took some Laker fan's two years to come around after the Shaq trade? Because you get attached to players, and they are the people you pay to see. They are the people you take time out of your day to watch on TV. Screw Mitch and Buss if Kobe is traded before he ask to be.

But I will say, screw Kobe if he asked to be traded from the Lakers. In that case, I will remain a diehard Laker fan.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Hahahahahahahaa

For many fans like me, Kobe has been here since I was 10. That is half of my life, Kobe has been my favorite NBA player. I like Kobe way more than I like Jordan from 91-98, and I was a huge MJ fan. he is my 2nd favorite athlete overall outside of Barry Sanders. If the Lakers trade Kobe to the Pistons, i would be a Pistons fan and Laker fan. I would actually despise the Lakers for a year or so until I got over it. It would take Kobe retiring for me to be an ONLY Laker fan as I am right now.

Why do you think it took some Laker fan's two years to come around after the Shaq trade? Because you get attached to players, and they are the people you pay to see. They are the people you take time out of your day to watch on TV. Screw Mitch and Buss if Kobe is traded before he ask to be.

But I will say, screw Kobe if he asked to be traded from the Lakers. In that case, I will remain a diehard Laker fan.

I'm a Laker fan first, then a Kobe fan
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:

Hahahahahahahaa

This is a very honest post of a position to be absolutely respected. For once someone has said not only what he/she feels but expresses it clearly, without ambiguity, directly to the point, and he/she takes a non-wishy-washy position with regards to Kobe and the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: