Do you want this team to stay together and grow or do you want to see a new look Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

Well Shoes & Wolf, i don't like Odom aswell . . . thats to bad though cause i do want to support him as a player but sometimes his inconsistency makes me hate his guts.

until that problem is not solved then there is nothing i can do.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

Problems been solved for days. I got news for you too... I doubt LO cares to much for you either. Nobody really cares when you've seen enough Dagger...

You'll be singing that same song irregardless as to what happens from here till seasons end.

You hear what I'm saying? Your hateful opinion don't mean (bleep)...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Can a mod check the IP address of Bounty and Boricua? Or if Boricua was previously banned.

Because something tells me I have seen this guys post before.

I know... I was having problems pinpointing the same thing. The problem is that he is a cross between bounty, and 40point machine... Tough to figure out huh?

KA_2 I ruled out because he has better english that this guy. Plus, KA_2 would quote everything similar to RG73 and "break it down" and respond to things I never even said

Bounty's 2nd membership or 40pt machine are looking like the 2 suspects. English/Tone of posts and constant Lewis promotion fits.

You guys have to consider the reality that vocal mindless haters are usually able to spawn more mindless haters, and that the second group tends to just parrot the first.

Congrats Bounty and 40Pt...its a boricua!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

^
Dagger there is one thing not to like certain players. It's another thing to hate them.

I don't like certain players on this team but I rarely will hate on them. Watching games there's a few players that I know are destined to fail in certain situations.

But as fans to just pile on one player is a big no-no. Fans shouldn't pile on one player or one select individual in management. Not with the current situation (a re-building process)

That's why me and Shoes will always be defending those guys. Be it Odom or Mitch - even Vujacic this past summer.

Check out some of the posts I had in the summer over Vujacic. It's not just Odom we defend, It's any Laker that's being piled on unfairly. There's criticism and then there's flat out biased hate.

The trend in the summer was to bash Mitch. The trend in the regular season was to bash Odom after each loss.

Both are unfair. This is a team game and it's also more than one person in control at the front office. While Odom has lost a few games this season he has also win us some games with stellar play. Mitch has made some mistakes in the draft and trades but he's also had steals and some solid moves. If you want address both the positive and negative in a Laker - that's always fine with me. But if you only focus on the negative and bring it up non-stop, I think that's wrong and not a cool thing to do.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

Like rats! multiplying by the hour...

Do other teams have these things in them as well?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Problems been solved for days. I got news for you too... I doubt LO cares to much for you either. Nobody really cares when you've seen enough Dagger...

You'll be singing that same song irregardless as to what happens from here till seasons end.

Question is Shoes, does Lamar care about himself?

if he did he would be a top-notch all-star each year he's a wasted talent in the NBA who has the tools to be great.

i could care-less if LO doesn't care what i think about him but he should know these are the same people who want him to suceed.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

boricua wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Can a mod check the IP address of Bounty and Boricua? Or if Boricua was previously banned.

Because something tells me I have seen this guys post before.

Dude this is getting way out of hand. You are literally in love with LO

Boricua is 40ptmachine. If you look at one of our previous threads 40ptmachine tells someone he is Purto Rican. I don't know the rules of the board, but in all fairness Boricua's posts are not the crazy rants that they used to be, so it's all good to me. Seems like he's learned his lesson.

Now, to this thread - everyone's covered good points already so I won't re-hash. One thing I will point out is that as Boricua mentioned, if we were to get Shard, we would still need to add another player. If we keep Odom, we still need to add another player. What would kill me in trading Odom is that we will be getting two players that would need to start learning the triangle from the start. There's a learning curve and every year we import new players, we burn at least a year in them undergoing the learning. I would fully expect Shard to struggle mightily in his first year and to hear lots of people calling for his head. That doesn't make him a bad player, but it's tough to learn where to get your shots in the triangle.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't trade LO if the right opportunity presents itself, but remember the impact to the timeline to return to championship contention whenever you're talking about trading one of the Lakers' top 3 players.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
as far as an argument other than you literally hate LO!

That immediately makes you either a troll, or the enemy in my eyes...

Dude I don't hate Odom, I like him and his skills. The problem here is that he can bring more than he does ( 18, 10, 6 ) and he is not doing it, so that makes me think he's not up to push himself and do his best.

Sorry but I am ot an Odom lover, I am a Laker fan who wnats the best to the team
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

What we need around here is for everybody to read some text on the triangle so that people who just refuse to listen to reason would at least realize that you don't start out looking like an allstar in the triangle !!!!

This is when you know you're talking to people who have never, and I mean ever played organized ball!
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Question is Shoes, does Lamar care about himself?

if he did he would be a top-notch all-star each year he's a wasted talent in the NBA who has the tools to be great.

i could care-less if LO doesn't care what i think about him but he should know these are the same people who want him to suceed.

Dagger you are making yourself appear very shallow and yes I believe Odom could do better but getting yourself 11 mil a year is not wasting your talent. Not only is he getting 11 mil but there are other teams that would be glad to take him and pay that amount so if he is on the court enough to have his game sharp enough to earn 11 mil I think he cares about himself and his game. If you want some one else who you think is better fine but some of these statements are just without thought.
boricua
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The point of this is that Odom is a good player but it's not even close to what Shoes and Wilf think of him

They overrate him so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh
The Kings are unbeaten in 10 home games since Artest's arrival, beating opponents by an average of 16 points per game. The Kings have won 14 of their last 18 overall, with their opponents' scoring average and shooting percentages all dropping sharply.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LO would be a perfect #3 guy IMO... i can see him avging 12/9/7 as the #3 option
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: