PhillyDoc this Buds for you...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: PhillyDoc this Buds for you...

Quote:
PhillyDoc
Starting Rotation

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can say is bring it on, the LAL due to Kobe's singular brilliance are a feared opponent but certainly an extremely beatable one in no more than 5 games. Kobe as i said before will have one of those sublime games and win one. probably when his team is down 3-0, but then the Spurs will absolutely put the hammer down as only they (and possibly still the Pistons can on defense).

As for Malone handling Duncan look at SI playoff coverage where he was absolutely holding him, in his career Duncan manhandled Malone over and over look at the head to head period. Until Malone had Shaq next to him, there was a stretch of 20+ games where Utah never beat the Spurs with Duncan.

Spurs have all the tools, experience, depth, championship mentality, and a vastly improved Parker, Manu's getting his health back and Duncan is hanging in there.

Jackson knows it. Kobe knows it. No way they would rather face the Spurs than the Suns. LAL much better with either 6 or 7 seed, no way they want the 8th seed, better for them to miss the playoffs than get a hammering from the Spurs

I know, I know, your team isn't healthy, had to play last night, but in light of your huff'n, and a puff'n yesterday you kkkknnnnoowwww you had this com'n dude!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

The Doc better prescribe himself a prescription for being overly condescending and utterly unfettered about dropping his drivel all over this proud Lakers site.

Sterns Who?

Go Lakers!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

These are the moments I treasure...

When you're looking for a Spurs fan, they are scarce! You don't need one? They are aaaaaaaaaallllll over the place. Doc came in here yesterday because he felt slighted when Laker fans wanted his boys more than the runn'n-n-gun'n Suns.

NOw...

The good Doctor has to be concerned if Tender Timmy doesn't get better. It is he who needs to be worried about playing the Suns as well!
PhillyDoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject:

Tried to get online to say it first but the site was too busy = great win for the Lakers!

The Spurs were seemingly a bored, tired, disinterested team with simply no excuses for not showing up. The back to back excuse and 4/5 game withstanding, still the Spurs, especially the bigs should have shown up and they simply did not. Lakers did show that they can beat the Spurs when the Spurs are flat, and any road win in this league is impressive.

Most likely, it showed that a series now might go 6, if the role players could help Kobe steal another game.

I was truly impressed with some of the Lakers role players, but make no mistake this was not the Spurs team (unless Duncan is truly more hurt than letting on) that would play in a series. Duncan looked as bad moving without the ball as he has all season and Pop pulling Nazr was questionable as at least he will get some boards, but he was sending a message to him to play harder and smarter I believe.

But props to the Lakers again, they did impress with withstanding a late charge that some teams would have folded againtst.

This game was lost in the 2nd when Lakers without Kobe built the lead. Spurs made countless dumb turnovers, were passive, and simply stunk up the joint.

Kobe did come on very strong at the end after Bowen (who at least gave an effort along with Barry, and Beno u last night) had held him relatively in check] and Walton in particular looked very motivated and sharp, I wonder why he does not play more?

Good luck the rest of the way, and looking forward to the next game againts the Lakers.

Spurs in truth really screwed up, you never want to play that kind of game vs. an opponent you might play in first round; although I think Lakers will get either 6 or 7th seed and could easily advance to the 2nd round to play most likely the Suns. Lakers match up pretty good against the Suns and could well take them to 6 or even 7.

Good luck again!
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject:

Wasn't PhillyDoc talking about a series, not a single game? Don't make us look bad.
Hombre de Hielo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject:

Spurs fan here. The Lakers handed us our hats last night. I was impressed. First off, the rebounding...we only got one shot per possession last night, and then in the 4th when we flirted with coming back you guys came up with big offensive boards. Secondly, the Lakers defensive scheme was solid. Parker and Ginobili were snuffed and no shots came easy, not to mention forced turnovers. Last but not least, Kobe played really smart, I liked his passing. That play in the last quarter coming out of TO where he drove down the middle and dunked was the dagger.
I know the Spurs can play better, and we'll have to the next time we face you guys.
yungdame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

classy spurs fans...i must say
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:

Kobe's jumper has been off since New Orleans (except in winning time). That's the only thing that held him to a lower percentage. His baskets were mostly on drives and impressive finishes.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:

Not to mention he scored 13 in the during second quarter hitting five shots in a row at one point. So, it's not like he wasn't a part of blowing it open. His teammates did a great job though. If they keep playing like this the Lakers will be a very formidable team.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

PhillyDoc was talking about a series, which is a completely different schedule. We're not that good yet. Atlanta beat the Pistons too, do you think they would really have a chance at beating them in a series?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

I know, I know. This was basically a tongue in cheek shot anyway... Certainly to early to be taken seriously...

Oh and...

Quote:
Most likely, it showed that a series now might go 6, if the role players could help Kobe steal another game.

Thanks Doc! At least you extended the series one more game!

What is wrong with Timmy's eye btw? Is that knee going to improve by the playoffs?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

yungdame wrote:
classy spurs fans...i must say

Agreed.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Kwame doesn't bother Duncan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: