Kobe's consistency is awesome!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Kobe's consistency is awesome!

I dunno what the rest of you think, but it seems there's much talk about everyone other than Kobe needing to step up their game and be more consistent that Kobe's consistency is sorta taken for granted. I was thinking about it when I saw the tiel to the thread, "The Game starts and ends with LO." Maybe it's just me. But, when I think about it, damn, he brings everything he's got to every game. Everything, every night. If only the rest of the team had 10% of his consistency and effort... Kudos to Kobe whatever happens this season.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I agree! As to that thread you site, it should actually read, "Everything starts and ends with Kobe, but Lamar is the key."
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
I agree! As to that thread you site, it should actually read, "Everything starts and ends with Kobe, but Lamar is the key."

Actually, I think Kobe's the key too. LO's like one of the four tires; maybe a front tire in a front-wheel-drive car. PJ's gotta always make sure to kick that tire!
lakeshowhorizon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is ooonne bad mutha...He has always had zone-like characteristics but this year has been just unspeakable. I do think the return of Phil Jax's presence has helped him out alot. His clutchness has always been there but I think last year it wasn't quite the same somehow--overall play. But now it is all live and direct, in the opponents grill. Can't wait for the playoffs. 0-0 baby. 0-0.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

lakeshowhorizon. wrote:
Kobe is ooonne bad mutha...He has always had zone-like characteristics but this year has been just unspeakable. I do think the return of Phil Jax's presence has helped him out alot. His clutchness has always been there but I think last year it wasn't quite the same somehow--overall play. But now it is all live and direct, in the opponents grill. Can't wait for the playoffs. 0-0 baby. 0-0.

Goes to show you the true value of a quality coach.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

sonofabuss wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Actually, I think Kobe's the key too. LO's like one of the four tires; maybe a front tire in a front-wheel-drive car. PJ's gotta always make sure to kick that tire!

What I meant is that Lamar is key in the sense that this team becomes something entirely more dangerous when Lamar has his aggressive hat on. That's what I mean by key.

Obviously, Kobe is the main key for this team in terms of being the ground by which the rest of the team builds from.
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
sonofabuss wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

What I meant is that Lamar is key in the sense that this team becomes something entirely more dangerous when Lamar has his aggressive hat on. That's what I mean by key.

Obviously, Kobe is the main key for this team in terms of being the ground by which the rest of the team builds from.

LakerJam, I agree. I was just joking. When LO turns it on, the team goes to another level. All of a sudden the word 'contender' comes to mind!
Lakerville
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

You're right, he is being consistant. He is having another terrible start to a game...
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Lakerville wrote:
You're right, he is being consistant. He is having another terrible start to a game...

I wish every game started this bad
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:

Lakerville wrote:

Another? More like a rare occasion; and he did finish the game strong.

^^ Farmar

tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Many of us have gotten so used to Kobe's greatness that we sometimes take that for granted, as Phil pointed out.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe's consistency is something that goes completely unnoticed. I guess it's because we EXPECT greatness from him. Heck, a lot of us look at him scoring 29 points and that is pretty much considered a bad game for him. The dude is a freakin monster.
kusanagiz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

K8B_Flight wrote:
Kobe's consistency is something that goes completely unnoticed. I guess it's because we EXPECT greatness from him. Heck, a lot of us look at him scoring 29 points and that is pretty much considered a bad game for him. The dude is a freakin monster.

I missed the game since I was flying in from Baltimore but looking at just the numbers, I had thought gee...what a subpar game for Kobe. Just goes to show you how much everyone expects absolute greatness from him.
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Not that I like to compare, BUT... Was MJ as (or more) consistent?
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

sonofabuss wrote:
Kobe's consistency is awesome!

there's a joke in here somewhere about fiber...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: