bynum has officially been born
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

i really hope phil is not darkoing up bynum by not playing him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

He played the last 2-3 minutes of the 1st Qtr.

The only real highlights were an offensive board, got fouled for FT's and had a nice dunk of an inbounds pass.

Anyone saw that dunk? I thought he showed good athleticism on that. He dunked it pretty hard. He is still not capable of dunking like that in traffic. He has no trouble finishing when open (unlike Kwame) but has trouble against players that are long.

I wouldn't say he's an elite dunker or athlete by any means, but he's sure as hell no Brian Cook (Long wingspan like Drew but not athletic by NBA standards)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Bynum is a back to the basket player. But the last few games - All his shots seem to come from pick and rolls or offensive boards.

That's not who he is, but I guess he is trying to fit in.

What Bynum needs is for the Lakers to get him the ball in the a post up situation. Then let him create his own shot. That's what his game is IMO.

that's not who he is?!?!?!

has the kid even played in 100 organized games yet? i doubt even he knows who he is.

there is no reason at all why he shouldnt learn how to play a face up game. bynum is as clear-cut of a case as you can get when it comes to calling a player the proverbial mold of clay. why not teach him everything and see what sticks before labeling him a strictly back to the basket player.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Bynum is a back to the basket player. But the last few games - All his shots seem to come from pick and rolls or offensive boards.

What Bynum needs is for the Lakers to get him the ball in the a post up situation. Then let him create his own shot. That's what his game is IMO.

has the kid even played in 100 organized games yet? i doubt even he knows who he is.

there is no reason at all why he shouldnt learn how to play a face up game. bynum is as clear-cut of a case as you can get when it comes to calling a player the proverbial mold of clay. why not teach him everything and see what sticks before labeling him a strictly back to the basket player.

There are so many face up players in the NBA. I have no problem with him learning how to play that way, but it's not his strength.

Watching him, I think he likes to play with his back to the basket. That's how he is most comfortable. He also likes to create his shots that way.

I wouldn't want to force him to start shooting jumpers like Brian Cook. I would encourage to become stronger, more physical and learn the art of a low post game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

There are so many face up players in the NBA. I have no problem with him learning how to play that way, but it's not his strength.

Watching him, I think he likes to play with his back to the basket. That's how he is most comfortable. He also likes to create his shots that way.

I wouldn't want to force him to start shooting jumpers like Brian Cook. I would encourage to become stronger, more physical and learn the art of a low post game.

while it might not be his strength, he should still learn it.

how many times did we lament shaq not being able to execute anything in the high post. how many times did we say that shaq not being able to play outside of a 5ft radius of the basket was hurting the team.

to be an optimist, if we really have a young version of shaq to mold, why not equip him with every tool that he possibly can have and not limit him to the shaq mold from the getgo.

while he might not be as efficient in the short-term, i think that he will develop more completely in the longrun. given that he is on a bigman learning curve and also that he was drafted as a project, then he has over half a decade to learn all these skills. that's plenty of time to develop a comprehensive offensive game without hampering any individual aspect of it. like i said, give it all to him and see what sticks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: