Our main target for the summer should be Mike James
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Sorry guys, Mike James is staying in Toronto. He and Bosh have been solid here for the Maple Raps and if they don't sign James then they risk losing Bosh and they don't want to do that.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

What if we sign them both instead?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I would go bananas if we were to sign Mike James. Mike James with Smush as the backup would be really solid.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Dreaming of this starting lineup...

PG: Mike James
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Kwame Brown
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Obviously, it goes without saying that we should first try to trade for 1 of possibly 5 all-star or superstar players, who will be on the block this off-season. If that doesn't work, then we need to look at trades and FA signings on a lesser scale.

First, we have to be realistic. We're not likely to get Mike James. He'll command a good size contract, which Toronto will absolutely pay. If Toronto lets James walk, they increase the likelihood that Bosh walks. Bosh has stated James is a big part of what he wants to see on the team now and in the future, and the Raptors aren't going to risk finding out if Bosh really means it. Thus, we have to accept that James is a looong shot, though he'd be a perfect fit.

Jason Terry would also be a perfect fit - solid defensively, can stroke it, big guard with decent handles, aggressive and clutch. Plus, with the emergence of Devin Harris, the Mavs might not be willing to match a multiyear deal, which it would take. Terry wants to stay there, so if they pony up the $ he ain't coming. Clearly, depending upon any other trades the Lakers might make, they may be willing to add years to lure FAs (say, if they trade for an impact player under a longer contract, they'll sign FAs to longer deals). I'd like trade for Carlos Boozer and sign Jason Terry. Those would be 2 very nice and realistic additions. Ideally, we re-sign Devean George to a much friendlier contract (which I think is unlikely - Devean will have a lot of suitors this off-season, but he may feel loyal). Sign another player or perhaps keep Jimmy Jackson, if he shows he can contribute - he's a nice veteran player. Really, I'd love to see a list of the cheap FAs. You know, not big names but reliable and steady - like a Jimmy Jackson. Will Eddie House be available? He's been great for the Suns off the bench. Players like that. We could use another shooter, too.

Our youngs should continue to develop, as well, especially our bigs - who I'm most excited about. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the off-season brings. There's going to be a lot of movement this summer, and the Lakers will undoubtedly be a part of it.

Solid post! If I may add, indeed Boozer may be available this off-season, but I think we should have a plan B if it doesn't go thru. Options would be Wilcox & Ely, I prefer Ely since he's more of a low post threat although Wilcox is younger.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

No to James. Maybe to Boozer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: