Have you reflected on what would have happened had the Lakers signed Brown lately?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Have you reflected on what would have happened had the Lakers signed Brown lately?

OOOOOOOOOOHhhhhh are we blessed.

Quote:
Marbury: I’ll Play My Way
David Waldstein of the NEWARK STAR-LEDGER reports, “It's probably the last thing Larry Brown wants to hear from Stephon Marbury, but last night the point guard said his efforts to change his game have not produced positive results and he is planning to go back to being Starbury -- the shoot-first, attack-the rim, 20-point-a-game scorer who has been a missing person this year. "I went into this year trying to do something, to put myself in a situation where we can win, Okay?" he said, "to help the team win games. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, what do I do now, as far as the way I play? I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka Starbury. I haven't been Starbury this year. I've been some other dude this year."

Is it just a respect situation with Brown, or is this situation just a failed attempt by Brown to gain the faith of his troops?

Kobe, like Marbury would have a hell of a problem playing Larry Browns "right way" if he tried to impose his doctrine on Kobe for sure.
Would the Lakers also be basement bound at this point in the season? The Knicks aren't even resembling Brown defensively.
This is the closing chapter in a season gone bad in New York. Marbury has embarrased Brown, the franchise, Isiah Thomas, the people working the concession, Garden security, the street people out in front of the Garden, the scalpers, the occassional Ho that strolls by, the subways station attendants...

Who gets the credit for this one.
(A) Mitch
(B) Jeannie
(c) Jerry Jr.
(d) Dr.Buss
(e) All of the above
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Were we ever after Marbury? i thought we were after Fyre?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

The problem is not in Larry Brown, he's a good coach. The problem is in Starbury. He's mentally screwed, thinking - as he said a year or so ago in some magazine - that he's the best point guard in the league.

Anyways, I'm more than happy that we got PJax back. I'd have favoured him over LB in any case.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Were we ever after Marbury? i thought we were after Fyre?

You were looking at Frye, not we?

What are you talking about anyway?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I think the Knick roster may well be the largest, most expensive, misfit collection of talented butt-heads ever assembled. Individually, they all have talent. Collectively, you just don't see how the pieces fit together.

Then there's the issue of character. Almost every one of the veteran players on that team had a history of problems with previous coaches. Either they had reps as underachieving malingerers (Curry, James, Taylor) or as players who wouldn't reign in their games to fit the team (Marbury, Francis, Crawford).

I don't believe Kobe would have had a problem playing for LB. He seemed to be pushing for LB's hiring before they decided to bring back Phil.

Every time I see the Lakers play crappy defense or have to rely on Kobe to score over 40 points to win, I wonder if they would have been better off with LB or Byron.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I think the Knick roster may well be the largest, most expensive, misfit collection of talented butt-heads ever assembled. Individually, they all have talent. Collectively, you just don't see how the pieces fit together.

Then there's the issue of character. Almost every one of the veteran players on that team had a history of problems with previous coaches. Either they had reps as underachieving malingerers (Curry, James, Taylor) or as players who wouldn't reign in their games to fit the team (Marbury, Francis, Crawford).

I don't believe Kobe would have had a problem playing for LB. He seemed to be pushing for LB's hiring before they decided to bring back Phil.

Every time I see the Lakers play crappy defense or have to rely on Kobe to score over 40 points to win, I wonder if they would have been better off with LB or Byron.

It would've been interesting to watch Kobe struggle with Larry Brown for sure.

Who knows? Maybe Larry Brown would have changed Kobe for the better.
After all, Larry Brown did coach allen Iverson and the team went to the finals.
If he changed Kobe's sometimes wreckless shooting habits, I would've been happy with it.
I think the Knicks' horrific season is more because of their roster than because of the coach.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
I think the Knicks' horrific season is more because of their roster than because of the coach.

Exactly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: