Let's face it, with the youth, inexperience, talent, this team = .500

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Let's face it, with the youth, inexperience, talent, this team = .500

Hopefully, 44 or 45 wins will be enough to get us in the playoffs because that's the most that this team will win. I am in no way trying to knock this team, but if we just take into account the youth, inexperience, talent, and the jekyll and hide attitude with regards to defense, this team is just a .500 team and it's as simple as that.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

It kinda funny, not to be disrespectful or anything to anybody. Just days ago after beating the Spurs and going on a run, we were a team that could make the playoffs 5 or 6th seed and get into the WCF. Now after this lose we are a 8th seed playoff team. I've said it from the beginning this team is low 40 win team.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Youth doesn't have to do with crap, the Sonics are just as young this (bleep) has been happening all year long we lose to bad teams it seems like we're all used to it.
TONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you 100 % . Although it wouldnt suprise me if we go into a horrible skidd and lose like we did at the end of last year and not make it in the playoffs .
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Uhhhh yeah. Before the season started, most hoped they'd be a .500 team. All during the season that have been a textbook version of a .500 team. And their record has never veered off course from being anything but a .500 team. The only ones surprised by this are those who actually thing the letter L can slam dunk, the letter A can pick & roll, the letter K can shoot a jump shot, the letter E can block a shot and the letter R can knock down a three. Anyone who's watched sports even just a minimal amount of time understands that .500 is a great record for any team with Youth,Inexperience, and a dearth of talent. Normally such a combination yeilds a .250 club. But of course there will be many here tonite lamenting that it's all over, the Lakers suck, they aren't making the playoffs and the rest of the garbage. It's pretty simple, the Lakers are simply doing what ALL young and inexperienced teams do during their learning curve - be inconsistent. No surprise there...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

lakers dont come out with the same intensity...i cant stress the fact enuff that the lakers are like two different teams....

1.) team with all the potential in the world. intensity and exploiting mismatches. showing true heart and aggression.

2.) team with all the potential in the world but dont show any heart. No intensity. No aggressiveness. They take the lesser teams too easily...even tho Lakers are not a great team themselves. THey figure they can COAST to victories against teams like seattle. Well lakers are not good enough to do that.

its just up to the team which one will show up for every game

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

44-45 wins? you see the lakers getting to 6 or 7 over .500?
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's face it, with the youth, inexperience, talent, this team = .500

LTD wrote:
Hopefully, 44 or 45 wins will be enough to get us in the playoffs because that's the most that this team will win. I am in no way trying to knock this team, but if we just take into account the youth, inexperience, talent, and the jekyll and hide attitude with regards to defense, this team is just a .500 team and it's as simple as that.

welcome to reality
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

With injuries to Devean and now Mihm, it's going to take a near miracle to make the playoffs.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Mihm and Kwame were horrible today in fastbreak defense. I think thats all the Sonics practice along with the pick and roll. Kobe and Smush need to look at there D this summer and shape it up. Kobe is in a mini-slump, but LO and Luke are stepping it up. Sasha even hit some big shots today which is good too see. This is a Kobe loss, which sucks because Kobe is usually 99% reliable. I don't even care about the D so much today. If Kobe shoots 45% and hits 5 more shots we score atleast 10 more points. The D will come with better chemistry in the future. We need to be more patient and not get so stirred up over these losses, think long-term.

But If we win 43-44 games and miss the playoffs, is this season a failure? I think we will make it but you never know with this team.
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:

Isn't a 44 or 45 win season only 3 or 4 over .500?

After this game, optimism has died. Horrible showing for us on national TV. The nation didn't exactly catch Kobe on his best day, and the high hopes of a team which recently beat the two teams that met in the Finals last season have shot down.
Lakers need to get back on track and keep up in this playoff race. I'll be happy if we close the season with 44-45 wins.

We won't compete for a championship this year, but a playoff berth will definately put some much needed playoff experience under the belts of our young players, and that has to show for something next season.

Go Lakers!

Amen to that!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerHabib wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

Isn't a 44 or 45 win season only 3 or 4 over .500?

After this game, optimism has died. Horrible showing for us on national TV. The nation didn't exactly catch Kobe on his best day, and the high hopes of a team which recently beat the two teams that met in the Finals last season have shot down.
Lakers need to get back on track and keep up in this playoff race. I'll be happy if we close the season with 44-45 wins.

We won't compete for a championship this year, but a playoff berth will definately put some much needed playoff experience under the belts of our young players, and that has to show for something next season.

Go Lakers!

No, he/she is right. It's 6 or 8 games over .500.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

hmm, 60% fg by the sonics

we lost because the players think they can play without any effort on the defensive end.

so tell me plz, what has inexperience and talent to do with it? do i need talent to hustle and play with effort?
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

K8B_Flight wrote:

Haha, wow what a brain lapse.
That's how distraught I am after this loss :roll:
Sorry!

Amen to that!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerHabib wrote:
K8B_Flight wrote:

Haha, wow what a brain lapse.
That's how distraught I am after this loss :roll:
Sorry!

no biggie, LH. All of us are suffering after this ridiculous outing!!!
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
so tell me plz, what has inexperience and talent to do with it? do i need talent to hustle and play with effort?

Talk to anyone that is involved in the NBA and they'll tell you that being up and down is a DIRECT result of being young and inexperienced. Young guys don't fully understand the grind of the NBA game, the mental aspects of it, and what they have to bring to the table each and every night to be successful.

Anyway, the main point of my post was that if we just objectively look at this team, the MOST we should expect out of them is 44-45 wins.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Youth had nothing to do with it. The Sonics came in with the same determination that we came in against the Spurs. We got caught off guard, tried to made it up in the 2nd half, but was too late.
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Sonics came in with the same determination that we came in against the Spurs. We got caught off guard, tried to made it up in the 2nd half, but was too late.

And why were we caught off guard?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: