Seventh Seed is nice and all.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:
Exick wrote:
statman wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Read again man.

I said Dallas gets the top seed and the Lakers get the eight seed. So we face Dallas in the first round. The Spurs would be the fourth seed so we wouldn't have to face them until the finals.

That's not how it works.

To clarify statman's point, the teams aren't reseeded after each round. Just because the Lakers are the 8th seed doesn't mean they'd play either the 2nd or 3rd seed in the second round. The winner of the 1/8 series plays the winner of the 4/5 series and the 2/7 series winner plays the 3/6 winner. Much like the NCAA Tournament, the seedings are set at the beginning of the playoffs and the brackets don't change.

The only oddity in the NBA playoffs is the possibility that a lower-seeded team could have home-court advantage since the top 3 seeds go to division winners. For instance, if the Lakers grab the 6th seed and Denver gets the 3rd, but the Lakers have a better record than the Nuggets, L.A. will get home court.

Well you're right about the 1/8 playing the 4/5. I just got mixed up on the brackets. I haven't really thought about playoff seeding since last year so I guess I just got confused.

As for the 3/6 series you are incorrect. In the first round the higher seed gets home court regardless of record. It is only in the second round and on that record counts in regards to home court advantage.

Hate to call ya out again like dude just did, but unless ESPN, RealGM,
CBSSportsline, SportingNews.com and Latimes.com are all wrong, you
are.

The 6th seed can have home-court over the 3rd seed if the 6th seed has
a better record.

At least that's what all those sites have said all season long.

Soda is right -
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
kobe2mike wrote:
THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
Imagine beating the nugs first round then the first place mavs in the 2nd round making it to the west finals.

thats the perfect scenerio that I have been dreaming about

Me too, I been saying that all year to my buddies.......

It doesn't work that way - if we move to the 6th spot, we'd be on track to play the Suns (barring an upset) in the 2nd round.

The better situation (won't happen) would be to have the Clips pass the Suns to secure the 2nd seed and have the Lakes play the Clips in the 2nd round (with the entire series at Staples - WOW) . Then you would have the Suns, Spurs and Mavs in the same bracket until the WC Finals.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

There wouldn't be much of a home court advantage in that case.
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

Has it been confirmed that Amare is coming back this season? There are 20 something games remaining this season and it's not even certain whether he is in basketball playing condition or not.

As for the two teams matching up, the Suns have been playing at a high level this season. The Lakers have shown glimpses of what they can do if they are clicking on all cylinders. So it really depends on which Lakers team shows up. If it's the same team that played the Spurs and Pistons, then we definitely have a chance of winning. We do have young players on this team who can run with the Suns. So I think we have a chance against the Suns. We're probably the team that no one wants to face in the first round cause our potential can be greater than the opponents we face.

omg Zhengi ur changing my views on this now. As far as nash goes you use the formula used on Tony Parker. Have smush post him up & spend his energy on defense. Boris is no match for odom & kobe in the playoffs who wants to defend that guy?

nice post zhengi, i really agree. this team's ceiling is higher than the majority of the playoff team's ceilings. the talent is definitely there, and its been up to phil to get everyone to live up to their potential individually and as a team. it appears its that time now and hes getting everyone on the same page and to play with a role and purpose. phil is great at getting his team to peak at the rite time and he is the best playoff coach ever. ive though wcf from the beginning this season if phil really got our team to live up to its potential and if we could avoid certain matchups(the spurs). looks like the bracket might break rite for us.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I would worry more about getting into the Playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: