What'll become of Starbury

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: What'll become of Starbury

Besides his horrible contract and attitude, I can't imagine another team in the league taking a chance on a player who publicly calls out his coach. He says he's outta there this summer but what's your prediction of where he will end up?
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

Only way I see somebody taking him is if the Knicks inlude Channing Frye with him.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Minny could pair him up with Garnett. They have Jaric, Blount, and Hudson to poop on NY.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

He might be Traded to Dallas.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

Dallas has missed Nash and Van Exel. Their weakest position is PG. They have pieces to trade to obtain him.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

^ Dunno, Terry/Harris/Armstrong is pretty damn solid IMO.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I dunno about Dallas - Harris is the future and they love what Terry has brought to the team, I don't see room for Marbury there.

He's got talent, so someone will take him, although his value is at an all-time low. Teams desperate for talent could take a flier on him. Teams like that might be: Toronto, Indiana (if they blow up their team this summer), Memphis, Minnesota, Portland, Utah.

Portland has lots of young PG's but might be interested to bring in fans. Sloan and Marbury would be a disaster in Utah and they've already invested in Deron Williams. I could see Toronto (if they lose James to FA), Minnesota, or Memphis stepping up.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
Minny could pair him up with Garnett. They have Jaric, Blount, and Hudson to poop on NY.

Garnett's out of Minnesota for sure. He won't take that (bleep) anymore. And righteously so.

Minny could be the new destination for Starbury, though. NY is one of the teams trying to make a run at Garnett and they can do it thanks to their ridicilous contracts. If Thomas offered Starbury+Frye package for Garnett with all required fillers, picks, etc., Minny would think about pulling the trigger for sure.

I myself don't see him being traded for other than as a salary balancer in a bigger trade. His reputation is an obvious discouraging factor for anyone.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Armstong is about done. Harris is too green, but should come up to speed in a couple of seasons. Terry is solid, but Marbury would be an upgrade. They could experiment. If he still doesn't get it done, Harris should be ready by that time.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
Aphex Twin wrote:

Garnett's out of Minnesota for sure. He won't take that (bleep) anymore. And righteously so.

Garnett is a loyal guy. Minn will build around him. Marbury + Frye for Garnett is crap. The Knicks dont even have a 1st-rounder to include in the deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: