OT: Clippers tanking for the 6th?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: OT: Clippers tanking for the 6th?

What is the difference between the 5th and 8th seed? Nothing... Either seed, you face Dallas and San Antonio. With the 6th seed, you get Denver and you get home court. Clipper announcers have gone on record saying they would like to see the 6th seed. At first, I thought that type of thinking was just consistent with loser mentality. Now I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea. The lost to the hornets is kinda suspicious. One, it helps them get closer to the 6th, and two, it helps screw the Lakers. Earlier, the Clippers did not have a good enough record to screw around with tanking. I believe they are pretty safe to make the playoffs now, so I wouldn't be surprise it that's the route they take.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Clippers tanking for the 6th?

Runway8 wrote:
What is the difference between the 5th and 8th seed? Nothing... Either seed, you face Dallas and San Antonio. With the 6th seed, you get Denver and you get home court. Clipper announcers have gone on record saying they would like to see the 6th seed. At first, I thought that type of thinking was just consistent with loser mentality. Now I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea. The lost to the hornets is kinda suspicious. One, it helps them get closer to the 6th, and two, it helps screw the Lakers. Earlier, the Clippers did not have a good enough record to screw around with tanking. I believe they are pretty safe to make the playoffs now, so I wouldn't be surprise it that's the route they take.

The clippers didnt tank that game. They just played laker basketball in the early 3rd . I personally hope they make the 6th seed, because id like to see them beat denver and make it out of the first round. and set up a possible 2nd round meeting with the lakers if they miracally beat the suns. who thought kobe would score 81 pts? anything can happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Nuggets > Clippers anyway.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

clipps are out 4-1 or 4-2 no matter who they play
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

The Clips spanked the Nuggets on back-to-back outings earlier this season. Although it doesn't necessarily make sense to go down in standings for an easier first round, especially considering the fact they'd have to face the good teams later in the playoffs anyway, they would definitely beat the Nuggets.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers go out in the first round, their vaunted franchise turnaround will turn to mush faster than Ralph Lawler can shout "Bingo!"

Every year it's the "new look Clippers" and every year they go down in flames.

I'd like nothing better than to see Elton Brand and Company have to take a "time out" after the first round, if you know what I mean.
They've proven that if you're in the lottery every year you can eventually stockpile talent, but they haven't proven that they're mentally strong.

If they get spanked, they'll be right back to square one.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

They were just trying to help the Hornets get passed the Lakers, they do not want to share playoff highlights with the Lakers.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I would try to rest the older front line players for the Clippers. Six would be a good spot. It's time to get reserves some minutes to get them more in rhythm.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

clippers aren't tanking at all - they have a very tough schedule to finish things out.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I think tonights game is BIG for the Clippers, as far as them getting the 5th or 6th seed.

if they do infact want the 6th seed, this is the game that will show...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

ahh i cant stand ralph lawler. BINNGOOOOO!!!!! almost as annoying as bill walton...THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN!! THROW IT DOWNNNNN!!!!

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Clipps are sleep walking thus far.
dadadada
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Take a look at their remaining schedule --

http://www.nba.com/clippers/schedule/
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Tanking is a bad philosophy for any team. You tank the end of a season and that carries over to a first round exit and elimination.

Maybe they are looking past the end of the season and at the playoffs. Easy to see for a team unaccustomed to being in the playoffs, or even making a valid playoff run.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
clipps are out 4-1 or 4-2 no matter who they play

Clips could take out the Nugs, IMO.

It's not likely, but it could happen.

They could at the very least give them a 7-game series.

Clips ain't playoff-savvy, but then neither are the Nugs.

Cassell gives them vet playoff-expereinced leadership.

Plus EB and Kaman are turning into beasts, which gives them some legit
downlow vs. Nugs bigs.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Clippers would be favored (and have home court) against the Nuggets. I'd be surprised if they lost that series (and I've been spot on with my predictions so far). They would be strongly unfavored (?) against either the Mavs or Spurs. So practically speaking it makes sense for them to tank. Realistically, I doubt they'd even consider it until they are absolutely locked into the playoffs (at about 45 wins). They play the Grizz on the second-to-last day of the season, so that game could be telling. Both teams might try to tank!

Why are you guys so insecure about the Clippers? All of this business about them flaming out if they don't get out of the first round? What a joke. Just having a winning record and getting to the playoffs is a huge step up for this franchise and, with core players locked in and improving, they should be good for many years to come. I've been watching them forever and I've never said that about them (even in the exciting years past, they never won more than 39 games).
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Blah Statman no one cares.
RePLAY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

interersting...Clippers lose to memphis and to NO...Do they play the Kings cuz i think they'll lose to them too. I better put money on it if they do.
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty obvious that's what they're doing. And for the idiot that posted similar to this before in this thread:

Clippers>Nuggets

You need proof? Clips are 2-1 against them. Next time use the books instead of your biased mind.

Air Kobe=Homosexualba
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh Crazy LAFan if you don't like what we say go to a actual clippers board oh wait they don't have one
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh Crazy LAFan if you don't like what we say go to a actual clippers board oh wait they don't have one

Yeah (bleep)...need links? There are five currently running with Clipper, yes Clipper fans. Spend some less time wining and some more time telling Mitch to make some right moves. Because last time I checked, The CLIPPERS have a better record than you. Even if they dont have a fan site, which they do and have at least five, who cares check the standings next time before you wanna talk some trash to a Crazy LA Fan.

-Blue and Red for Life
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Blah Statman no one cares.

I care, as well as millions of others out there in the world who actually like BASKETBALL and do not just go around the internet like a five year old waiting for someone to post something to talk ignorant about. Open up your biased mind, step out of the 2 inch radius of the thing you call a box. And...talk to me when your balls finally drop.

Guess next time will be the afterlife, buddy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: