King James

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDoom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: King James

What can you say??

The kid has taken an entire franchise on his back to the playoffs (possibly securing hc) within only 3 years upon entrance into the NBA.

He just broke Kobe's record for the quickest to 6000pts by a full year.

He just broke his own Cleveland scoring record for scoring output in a year.

????

The kid is freaking amazing. The only thing that I am hoping for now is that him and Kobe can develop the kind of rivalry that Bird and Magic had. IF that is the case...

Imagine the series to come!!!

Doom
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject:

I'm so sick of the "King" James self imposed"title". Carmello has been to the playoffs for 2 years already. (Though remember he thanked himself on draft day!)

If Lebron has a rivalry with anyone..it would be Carmello since they came into the league at the same time...like Magic and Larry. Kobe's in his 10th season with 3 championships...no rivalry there.
Also.. easier to be the youngest to 6,000 points when you're a starter and the main man on your team from your first day on the court rather than year #3.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

hig wrote:
I'm so sick of the "King" James self imposed"title". Carmello has been to the playoffs for 2 years already. (Though remember he thanked himself on draft day!)

If Lebron has a rivalry with anyone..it would be Carmello since they came into the league at the same time...like Magic and Larry. Kobe's in his 10th season with 3 championships...no rivalry there.
Also.. easier to be the youngest to 6,000 points when you're a starter and the main man on your team from your first day on the court rather than year #3.

Kobe wasn't the main man till his 9th year. Shaq was the main guy up till he left. He actually became the Lakers leading scorer in the 02-03 season (his 7th) but Shaq was the main option. LeHype was the leading scorer and option in his first season.

Also of note: LeHype played 6,510 mins in his first two seasons combined.
In his first three seasons Kobe played 5,055 mins.

It's always funny to see LeHype's stats taken out of context when compared to other great players.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

Congrats Lebron, we love you!
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

Stop the player-hating, in LeBron's case it is stunted. Guy has huge respect for Kobe, acknowledges Kobe as the best player in the league, etc. Blame the media, but please, don't attack Bron.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
hig wrote:

Kobe wasn't the main man till his 9th year. Shaq was the main guy up till he left. He actually became the Lakers leading scorer in the 02-03 season (his 7th) but Shaq was the main option. LeHype was the leading scorer and option in his first season.

Also of note: LeHype played 6,510 mins in his first two seasons combined.
In his first three seasons Kobe played 5,055 mins.

It's always funny to see LeHype's stats taken out of context when compared to other great players.

Yeah..I didn't mean Kobe wsa the main man , just that he wasn't a starter til his 3rd year. We all know he wasn't the "main" guy til last season. Sorry for the confusion.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Iam a HUGE Kobe fan but I love Lebron as well...
The Kid is Simply Amazing , respect is respect...
Having said that Kobe any day of the week..
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

Well, this will be Kobe's second full season leading a team by himself. If the Lakers make the playoffs this year, I'd say that wasn't too bad now either, was it?

As for his points, he had an NBA body coming right out of high school ready to take on the rigors of a full season. He was given the green light to score from day 1. I definitely expected this and if he doesn't reach 30,000 points earlier than anybody else in the league, it will be shocking. In fact, if he's healthy I'd say he has a good shot at Kareem's record, being a swingman who will eventually learn how to shoot threes.

Can't hate on LBJ, especially since he's been very gracious to Kobe his whole career. I'd say enjoy just enjoy both of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Can you say "Danny Almante?"
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

There's a big difference between not respecting someone or hating on someone and looking past the hype to see the truth.

It's obvious that Wade and LeBron are Sterns (and the medias) favorites right now. For example:

All season long LeBron was known to choke on game winning shots and free throws but the one time he makes a game winning shot it's headlines on ESPN.com, ESPN news and Sports Center.

LeBron making the playoffs is hyped as a big accomplishment when Paul Pierce, Kobe, T-Mac, Ray Allen and any other good swingman you can think of would make the playoffs in the east with the supporting cast that LeBron has.

Wade is promoted for MVP and compared to Jordan after a short stretch of regular season games where he averages 30 ppg on 55% shooting.

Meanwhile Kobe single handedly out scores the entire Dallas team through 3 quarters and drops 81 points in another game but all the NBA hype machines can say is that he didn't pass the ball or that he scored 81 on the Raptors and they are a terrible defensive team.

I am not going to be quiet while these idiots (by that I mean the media and not a poster here) pump up LeBron and Wade while down playing the historical games I've seen from Kobe this year.

It has nothing to with LeBron/Wade and everything to do with ESPN and the NBA hype machine.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:

Meanwhile Kobe single handedly out scores the entire Dallas team through 3 quarters and drops 81 points in another game but all the NBA hype machines can say is that he didn't pass the ball or that he scored 81 on the Raptors and they are a terrible defensive team.

WTF are you talking about? The press after Kobe's 81 was extremely positive (and rightly so). What's more, Kobe has been talked about as an MVP candidate all season long, even though the Lakers have been a .500 ballclub for the most part.

People here seem to want to create controversy just for the sake of it. It must be a holdover from the Shaq-Kobe feud where this kind of thing was expected. Believe it or not, the world is not out to get Kobe and the Lakers.
Another_laker_fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

WTF are you talking about? The press after Kobe's 81 was extremely positive (and rightly so). What's more, Kobe has been talked about as an MVP candidate all season long, even though the Lakers have been a .500 ballclub for the most part.

People here seem to want to create controversy just for the sake of it. It must be a holdover from the Shaq-Kobe feud where this kind of thing was expected. Believe it or not, the world is not out to get Kobe and the Lakers.

Actually I dont think the 81 was ALL positive.
The haters Are always talking.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

Too bad you didn't watch PTI today. One of them said Nash is the favorite for MVP but LeBron is right behind him and the other said "What about Wade? How can you leave Wade out?" No mention of Kobe. That's just one example so don't fly off the handle. There's also Hollingers article claiming Wade is the second coming of Jordan and the league MVP and even more if you read or watch ESPN.

Also yes the Media was very positive about Kobe's 81 but that was the mainstream media not the NBA/ABC media. They took jabs and tried to make everyone forget it as soon as possible.

You know you seem to like to disagree with everyone. That probably comes from low self esteem and is most likely a desperate cry for attention due to lack of affection from parents and/or low popularity with peers.

I figured you'd be interested since you seem to like analyzing other peoples posts.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Nash is the favorite for MVP, and LeBron probably is right after him. This is because they are having excellent seasons on very good teams. Kobe is having an excellent season but his team is not very good. Whether this is fair or not is not the issue, because this is how the MVP has always been rewarded.

If anyone should be complaining after that PTI discussion, it's Mavs' fans because Dirk has a legit case for MVP (again, great player on a great team).

You say that the mainstream media was very positive but the NBA/ABC media was not. First off, what the hell does that even mean? By media I think of tv, radio, and the news, and Kobe's achievement was all over the place for a week after the game. Heck, "BSPN" bumped the NFL semifinals to devote most of the show to Kobe... but they are all haters right? NBA.com ran a full spread on the achievement with videos and stats and everything. What are they supposed to do?

Thanks for the psychoanalysis, but I'm doing quite well. And I'm about to be $100 richer thanks to this site, so that's not too shabby.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

statman wrote:
Nash is the favorite for MVP, and LeBron probably is right after him. This is because they are having excellent seasons on very good teams. Kobe is having an excellent season but his team is not very good. Whether this is fair or not is not the issue, because this is how the MVP has always been rewarded.

If anyone should be complaining after that PTI discussion, it's Mavs' fans because Dirk has a legit case for MVP (again, great player on a great team).

You say that the mainstream media was very positive but the NBA/ABC media was not. First off, what the hell does that even mean? By media I think of tv, radio, and the news, and Kobe's achievement was all over the place for a week after the game. Heck, "BSPN" bumped the NFL semifinals to devote most of the show to Kobe... but they are all haters right? NBA.com ran a full spread on the achievement with videos and stats and everything. What are they supposed to do?

Thanks for the psychoanalysis, but I'm doing quite well. And I'm about to be $100 richer thanks to this site, so that's not too shabby.

Quit posting you're logic is more dumber then a chimpanzee's brain.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You say that the mainstream media was very positive but the NBA/ABC media was not. First off, what the hell does that even mean?

ESPN is owned by the same company that owns ABC and they a the big multi-year contract with the NBA. So if the NBA wants to promote Jamees and Wade then that's what ABC/ESPN will do.

By the way betting on sports is one of the stupidest thing a person can do. If Brand got injured like Nene the first game of the season you would have lost that bet.

Also were you amoung the many clueless people that said the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs this year? No wonder you haven't been around much.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Yep, I pegged the Lakers to win 40 games and just miss the playoffs. Of course, that's what I predicted last year too (unlike all of the clueless people who were so sure they'd make it).

I'm not around much because I'm not a Laker fan but do occassionally want to see what people are saying about them since I live in LA and watch most of their games. Contrary to what you might think, I don't hate the Lakers. I do think that y'all are being ridiculous to think that they are persecuted by a league for which they are the premier cash cow. But I can tell you that all sports fans think their team is getting the shaft.

Betting on sports is what you make of it. If you crunch the numbers, watch the lines very carefully, and have a big enough bankroll to tolerate swings, you can come out ahead. Like any form of gambling, it shouldn't be done by anyone who can't afford the risk. I do it for fun (it makes games more interesting) and am up about $6000 in my career.

Of course I would have lost that bet if Brand had gone down, but I could say the same thing if Kobe went down. It means nothing. It was a good bet so I took it.
ajaxxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Labron is great but its funny how people never mention Illguskaus,gooden
and the other decent role players around him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: