Lakers in News July 17/July 18, 2012:Source: Lakers vie for Dwight Howard (page 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Why not both?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Yes, it's beginning to look that way. ESPN TV PTI & site has he (Jamison) chose the Lakers & will sign later this week.

O'Neal if he's he shape would be serviceable for center relief, he averaged 1.7 blocks in 20+ games with 5 rebounds.

That definitely puts Jordan Hill out of picture with money situation, but it would still be nice to be up a reliable guard with a handle who can shoot. Be nice to have Ferdette for Blake or other? A J.J. Reddick type.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject:

WOW, I'm looking for Ryan Anderson on Magic roster & didn't realize he was signed & traded to Hornets, how nice...

Woulda be nice for he & Dwight for Drew & Gasol. Whoulda had a 3pt PF & spacing, oh well...
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

But, wouldn't you prefer Jamison if he does the same??? I would think if O'Neal comes a board, Jordan Hill is an after thought for sure, I would still want Jamison, we need more vets for the bench.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Jermaine's work out went very well, so I'd be very happy to bring him aboard for the vet minimum along with Antawn.

Plus, if we land Dwight, we'll need that extra big in case he's not ready to start when the season begins.

We need a real back up to Kobe, as well.

Last edited by LakerJam on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: Lakers vie for Dwight Howard

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' bench leaves fans pining for championship days of yore
They are a team of stars, in a town of stars, but some of my best Lakers memories involve the scrubs.

If Disney made a movie about the Lakers' last dozen years, it would be called "Beauty and the Bench," as the five happy endings would have been impossible without either.

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Grant Hill decides to choose the Los Angeles Clippers over the Lakers

It is a bit of a surprise, and somewhat disappointing, to see Grant Hill pick the Los Angeles Clippers over the Los Angeles Lakers. We don't know the financial ramifications of the agreement that Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Tuesday, but whatever the impetus the soon-to-be 40-year-old small forward will be adding his talents to a Clippers team that went into this offseason badly needing depth at the wing, and came away with Hill, Jamal Crawford and Lamar Odom.

LINK
beingmeb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Lakers need to get their butt moving, cause all the contenders have gotten even better, everyone is being signed, there will be NO bench if they do not make 2 or 3 moves. I hear Courtney Lee in sign & trade rumor but doubtful & Jamison rumor (not sold until it actually happens).

If they get Dwight, please include Jason Richardson, Turkaglue you can keep!!!

Com'on Jimmy & Mitch, now's not a good time to act like your on vacation while others are getting the left overs!!!

Grant Hill is now gone, don't want Jermaine O'Neal.

If we don't improve that sad bench we won't make it past the first round!!!

Yah, Jimmy and Mitch need to start earning their paychecks. It's not like they traded for Steve Nash and trying to get Dwight Howard to form their own super team or something. Lol. I thought I was impatient.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be hard for Lakers to trade Bynum & get Dwight.

Drew is in the same position as Dwight, if he doesn't agree to an extentsion why on earth would Rockets, Cav's or anyone trade for him.

Mind as well just move on with Drew & if he's a good young man, sign him before end of Jan.

Not sure what's going through Drew's mind now???
indigenous
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:

With the latest "Howard is not signing extension" bs from Dwight's agent, it is best to walk away from this deal, Dwight is like a girl who can't choose her prom dress, tell him to makeup his damn mind before going any further.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: