OT:SHAQ The Big Decline...lol

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: OT:SHAQ The Big Decline...lol

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5426896

the link is also on the home page http://msn.foxsports.com/

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
And that's why he's no longer a Laker. A year ago, many people wondered why the Lakers chose Kobe Bryant over Shaq, when the consensus was that Shaq was the more dominant player and better teammate. The reason was age. Shaq did much more for his team last year (I thought he deserved the league MVP award) but who would take him over Kobe now? Not many. Not now and not for the rest of Shaq's career.

It's a shame the Lakers had to choose between their stars (and I mostly blame Kobe), but once they had to choose, they made the right decision. Kobe still isn't a great team player, but he has a better chance of figuring that out than Shaq has of beating Father Time.

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's a shame the Lakers had to choose between their stars (and I mostly blame Kobe), but once they had to choose, they made the right decision. Kobe still isn't a great team player, but he has a better chance of figuring that out than Shaq has of beating Father Time.

He isn't? He brought 3 championships to L.A. in a role that everyone can see is his secondary strength. The guy is more scorer than playmaker but he got 3 rings being a playmaker.

This guy wrote a good article and blew it in two statements. The other is he blames Kobe for Shaq leaving - not a declining Shaq asking for outrageous money so the team could not rebuild around he and Kobe.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

You don't win 3 nba championships not being a team player. I'm sorry, but that was just silly.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, psydesho. When will they ever get their facts straight?

^^ Farmar

kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Michael Rosenberg: and I mosly blame Kobe..

Quote:
kobenbynum: That's because you are a complete moron!!!

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Two things:

1). WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET IT GO?! It's been 2 years now, and it's obvious that the Lakers management made the right decision.

2). People are still so naive...sigh. Kobe not a team player? LoLz?
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Yeah, psydesho. When will they ever get their facts straight?

I'm not psydeshow, but it would probably be some time after they put away their Laker hate.

I think you'd see more pro-Kobe pieces if he was on another team.

I think there is a lot of latent fear of future laker domination. People hoping Kobe will fail so that the lakers will go away for a little while.

Its easier for them to give Shaq a pass because they can clearly see he's on his way out. And he's with a team that has never won a title.
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Shaq should still be a laker, Shaq should've grown old gracefully and let kobe take over, shaq should'nt of let his ego run himself out of town...Shame on you Shaq! the only problem was: we certainly didnt win the ring with Shaq and Kobe and the other two Hall of Famers, and we were getting very old with our supporting cast, so who really knows how the genious mitch would've built a team capped out around those two guys.

there's just as much mystery around what team we would've had and what team we have now...whats done is done! it is a shame they couldnt work things out.

shaq however, is definetly on the dcline with that brand new huge contract!....I gues Dr. Buss is indeed the better gambler, Pat Riley is finding that out the hard way!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

And everyone else is starting to catch on to what Laker fans have seen and been saying for nearly 4 years and what Laker management recognized in making their decision to trade Shaq.
SABINO63
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

Shaq better rest up before these palyoffs, this could be his last chnce at ring.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Shaq is old!!
He never did any good conditioning off-season, and has had a few number of injuries.

He hardly plays over 33mpg at Miami, and that's when he plays.

Simply, Miami wanted to win NOW and LA wanted to win later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

And what about this???

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5469942
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

That means the refs didn't allow him to push everyone out of the day, elbowing at ease.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Shaq for Lamar and Kwame (a distilled version) and I suppose Bynum, since losing Shaq gave us a shot at the kid.

Not looking too bad now, and not looking bad if 2 out of the 3 are shipped off for Garnett.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: