TWC LAKER CHANNEL THREAD [DO NOT SPAM THREAD WITH "OFFERS"]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: TWC LAKER CHANNEL THREAD [DO NOT SPAM THREAD WITH "OFFERS"]

This thread is for sharing information and updates on the new TWC Laker Channel.

Quote:
El Segundo, CA (May 10, 2012) – Time Warner Cable Sports today unveiled launch plans for the company’s two new regional sports networks debuting on October 1, 2012 to serve Southern California-area sports fans. The networks, branded Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, will deliver the region’s most comprehensive sports information, complementing a year-round schedule of more than 120 live sports events as the new exclusive local homes of the Los Angeles Lakers, LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks.

Beginning with the 2012-13 NBA season, the networks’ exclusive game coverage will include full seasons of Lakers, Galaxy and Sparks games, as well as CIF high school regular season and playoff contests. This is the first time in history that all locally televised Lakers games will be available on one network. Beyond live game coverage, Time Warner Cable Sports is creating a daily programming schedule to give local sports fans comprehensive in-depth coverage, fresh opinions and behind-the-scenes insight into their favorite local teams and personalities.

“We are building Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes from the ground up to be the new homes for Southern California sports fans,” said Time Warner Cable Sports President David Rone. “Our networks are created around live coverage of some of the region’s signature franchises and represent a 24/7 commitment to give fans more access and insight than they have ever seen before.”

Added Mark Shuken, Senior Vice President and General Manager for Time Warner Cable Sports Regional Networks, “Because Southern California is home to some of the most intensely loyal fans in the country, we’re developing these networks from the fans’ perspective and investing in the technology and talent needed to respect that passion. Whether in their living rooms or on the go, fans will always be able to follow their local teams with our multiplatform coverage.”

Recognizing the importance of Hispanic consumers in Southern California, Time Warner Cable Sports is launching Time Warner Cable Deportes, the nation’s first Spanish-language regional sports network. Time Warner Cable Deportes will broadcast all local Lakers and Galaxy games entirely in Spanish – also a first. To bring this unique and customized experience to its audience, Time Warner Cable Deportes will feature separate production teams, Spanish-speaking talent and a distinct graphics package. Additionally, Time Warner Cable Deportes has built a dedicated team that will oversee the production of original programming including daily local sports news, a daily soccer news show and coverage of other sports including boxing and lucha libre.

Southern California sports fans will see a talented mix of familiar and new on-air game and news personalities, including Lakers broadcasters Stu Lantz and Bill Macdonald on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Adrian Garcia Marquez and Francisco Pinto on Time Warner Cable Deportes. Also joining the networks are two noted and highly experienced sports journalists. Studio host Andy Adler, formerly of KNBC and WNYW, will anchor nightly studio programming from the networks’ new state-of-the-art technical facility and Heidi Watney, former reporter for the Boston Red Sox and NESN, will report on and interview teams, athletes and fans while on-the-scene.

The networks are employing the latest technology to give fans on the go the most current coverage and updates in English and Spanish. Both networks will feature live in-market game streaming to personal computers and mobile devices, and an integrated interactive social media experience catering to the unique passions that make sports a community activity.

For more information about Time Warner Cable SportsNet, visit www.twcsportsnet.com and for more information about Time Warner Cable Deportes, visit www.twcdeportes.com.

LINK

Last edited by 32 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes Lakers Broadcast FAQ's

What will the new channels be called?
The new networks will be called Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, broadcasting in English and Spanish respectively.

Where will I be able to watch Lakers games?
Lakers games will be on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes in the Lakers territory. The Lakers territory, designated by the NBA, includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii. Some games will also be available via national broadcast.

Will this affect national broadcasts?
No. Games will continue to be broadcast nationally on ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.

Will all games home and away be shown on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes?
Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will show all locally available pre-season, regular season, and post-season Lakers games. There will continue to be exclusive national broadcasts during the regular season on ABC and TNT and on ABC, TNT and ESPN during the playoffs. The majority of Laker games during the 2012-13 season will be shown only on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Will Lakers games be available via over-the-air broadcast?
No, they will be available via Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes. Time Warner Cable will carry these networks, and they have begun discussions for carriage of their regional Sports Networks with all satellite, cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory.

Will the same broadcasters and pre-game and post-game talent be used on the new networks?
Lakers broadcasters Stu Lantz and Bill Macdonald will call games on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Adrian Garcia Marquez and Francisco Pinto will call games on Time Warner Cable Deportes. Other on-air talent decisions will be handled closer to the actual launch of the networks on October 1st, in advance of the 2012-2013 season.

Will all the games be shown live?
Yes, all games will be broadcast live. There will also be replays of games shown on the Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes.

Is this a Lakers only channel?
There will be extensive Lakers content including behind-the-scenes, personality and classic programming and a primetime Lakers news and magazine show throughout the season, but there will be other programming on both Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes as well.

Will I have to get Time Warner Cable to watch the Lakers?
While Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, which will carry the Lakers games, will certainly be carried by Time Warner Cable, the company has also begun discussions for carriage with all satellite, cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory, which includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii. That includes Dish Network, DirecTV, etc.

Is Time Warner Cable Deportes an SAP feed?
No, Time Warner Cable Deportes is a stand-alone network with its own dedicated production of game telecasts and other unique content tailored to Spanish speaking Lakers fans – not a SAP feed.

Why did the Lakers change their broadcast partners?
We felt this was an opportunity to expand the range of Lakers programming for our fans using the latest technology and establishing the first Spanish-language regional sports network.

Where do I go for more information? You can read the official press release. You can also submit questions to losangeleslakers [AT] la-lakers.com or visit www.twcsportsnet.com and www.twcdeportes.com.

LINK
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Damn. So that means i can't get that channel through Direct TV(currently what i'm using)?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
Damn. So that means i can't get that channel through Direct TV(currently what i'm using)?

No. It means that they're currently in negotiations with DirectTV and other providers to carry the channel.

Quote:
While Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, which will carry the Lakers games, will certainly be carried by Time Warner Cable, the company has also begun discussions for carriage with all satellite, cable and telco distributors in the Lakers’ territory, which includes all of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii. That includes Dish Network, DirecTV, etc.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:

liltinybus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Wow, so it also covers ALL of Nevada? I was under the impression it was only Las Vegas. That's great, since I now live in Reno.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I have Time Warner so I do not care about this stuff.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:

No, it just means that you'll have to pay for it. Probably 3-4 bucks a month.
itzmalada
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Lakers First wrote:

At the very top of the TWC Sports Net website LINK - you can put in your Zip Code and Carrier to see if you will be receiving TWC Sports Net.

When I put in my zip code and DirecTV - this was the message I got:

Quote:
As of now, DIRECTV will not be carrying Time Warner Cable SportsNet or Time Warner Cable Deportes when the networks launch on October 1st. Send an email and tweet to DIRECTV demanding your Lakers!

While I understand that the FAQ said TWC is currently in negotiation with the other carriers - as Laker Fans WE ALL NEED TO VOICE IN OUR OPINIONS NOW to make sure we all get the coverage!

Go to the site and send an email or tweet NOW~!
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I have time warner right now, but am probably going to switch to directv, i'm confident they'll get it done
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject:

TAKAHIRO wrote:
I have time warner right now, but am probably going to switch to directv, i'm confident they'll get it done

DirecTV's headquarters are located two blocks away from the Lakers practice facility in El Segundo. I'm pretty sure DIRECTV won't leave their customers hanging, especially considering how large the fan base is in los angeles alone. But don't be surprised if you miss a few preseason games because sometimes negotiations don't get fleshed in a day or week.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject:

TWC's site allows you to send email to your non-TWC cable/satellite provider and request the Lakers:

1. http://twcsportsnet.com/
2. Enter your zip code to find out if you’re receiving Time Warner Cable SportsNet
3. Select your TV Provider from the drop down menu below
4. Tell [TV Provider] you want Time Warner Cable SportsNet!
5. Enter email/contact info
6. Preview TWC's pre-populated form letter and Send (sample below)

Quote:
SUBJECT: I want my Lakers

I am writing to request that you add Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes to your channel lineup on October 1st.

Sincerely,
[name]
[city, zip]

Not a shill for TWC, but since they did enter into a huge contract with the Lakers which helped in this summer's acquisitions, these votes that go directly to our TV Providers might help in the negotiation process.
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Entered my zip code and looks like it won't be carried by Oceanic Time Warner Cable in Oahu, Hawaii. So confused as it said Hawaii would receive it.

Been lucky enough to receive broadcast from FSN over the years, but not KCAL. Gotta get this channel somehow, someway. Alpha you getting this same dilemma too?
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject:

I just sent in my petition for Cox Communications to get a deal done. Keep them coming folks!
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject:

Am I missing something?

I was hoping by this point they would have explained or unveiled at least what the channel lineup would be for programming on the channel in full detail and more info in general.

Either they are waiting for an unveil date or they are going at this really slowly.

On another note, I think this channel sucks for non-TWC customers so far as they don't look like they have full commitments from other carriers yet? Thankfully I do have the service.

Bye.
Film235
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject:

Just called FIOS (in the LA area). They will be carrying the Time Warner Cable Sportsnet channel. They have not yet figured out what channel it will be on yet. It should be activated sometime in September, well before the preseason games will be televised.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject:

im glad i have TW cable

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
xxTheLugNutZxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject:

does this have any effect on NBA LP at all?
salvosation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject:

KobefanMVP wrote:
I just sent in my petition for Cox Communications to get a deal done. Keep them coming folks!

Already ten steps ahead of you. I threatened to turn off my cable with them if they do not fix this for us in Las Vegas. For years at least we could see our home games. They better make this a priority.
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject:

This a question for the people who live outside of Los Angeles.

I live in Massachusetts and I watch Laker games via NBA League pass. Will this change affect the league pass at all?

KOBE BRYANT
chinaurge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject:

TWC SportsNet ‏@TWCSportsNet
"We'll be on Basic Cable in LA County on @TWCable_LA"

Looks like we won't have to pay extra money and add the Sports Tier for Time Warner Cable subscribers.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject:

Not going to stress too much about it. I'm sure DirecTV will pick it up, and even if it's delayed slightly I'll do what I did back in the day, hit a bar, grab some food and a couple of beers, and disturb all the other patrons there while I yell at the refs and players.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject:

xxTheLugNutZxx wrote:
does this have any effect on NBA LP at all?

I doubt it. I live in Texas and dont have Fox Sports West yet I still used to get all the games on league pass. I would imagine it will be the same for us league passers that are outside the region.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
I have Time Warner so I do not care about this stuff.

Selfish mofo!
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject:

salvosation wrote:
KobefanMVP wrote:

Already ten steps ahead of you. I threatened to turn off my cable with them if they do not fix this for us in Las Vegas. For years at least we could see our home games. They better make this a priority.

I have Cox and I just saw that too! Fill it out guys!

http://twcsportsnet.com/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 1 of 143
Jump to: