QFTOS D12 Edition!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Quote:
I am going to laugh my a$$ off when all the idiot news people, and all the idiot fans, for an entire season, predict the Lakers to win the west, then OKC waxes their a$$ in the western conf. finals. Lakers over OKC? Are you kidding me? Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka....ALL UNDER 25! By the time the playoffs come around next season, Kobe will be 34, Pau will be 33, Metta will be 33, Antawn Jamison will be 37, and Steve Nash will be 39. They wouldn't win the west in a retirement home basketball league much less the NBA . They didn't get that much better. That added Nash, and they added Howard by subtracting Bynum. That really isnt much of an improvement at the center spot. all they added was nash. And lets be honest.....last time i checked, Nash is most effective with run and gun players like marion at pf, amare at C, and shooters on the outside. What good does one of the best passers ever do you when all he is going to do is pass the ball inside to howard and gasol when they post up? Those two trees downlow make nash ineffective. With miami and okc, nash would be valuable. with 2 seven foot tree stumps downlow, nash makes no difference. he needs athletes like amare and marion

What's funny about these types of morons, is that last season, they were screaming how Dwight was "so much better" than Bynum, but now that the trade has occurred, SUDDENLY, they act like there is no difference. I love reading comments from these desperate heat and thunder fans.

My favorite is when they say that all we did was go from having the 2nd best center in the game to having the best center in the game, as though Howard is just "one" better.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject:

NY fan responding to a whiner:

kosmovitelli
RealGM

Although I hate the Lakers as a team and want them to lose, I have nothing but great respect and admiration for the Lakers front office. That team only missed the playoffs twice in the past 30 years. They probably have the best and most competent owner in the league in Jerry Buss. Pretty good management. First it was Jerry West then Mitch Kupchak. Two former Laker players. West was the best GM in the league in the 80s and 90s and he groomed Kupchak to be his successor. When West had a power struggle with Phil Jackson and resigned in 2000, Buss promoted Kupchak. Competent management and winning culture allowed them to win multiple championships the past 30 years. I love the fact both West and Kupchak are former LAL players and West groomed Kupchak.

No need to hate and act like they ***** the other teams, the Lakers retool, they don’t panic, they don’t gamble and look for a savior. Sure they make bad trades sometimes (Butler for Kwame for example) but they draft well and manage their assets. That’s how they acquired Nash and Howard this summer. The Lakers only missed the playoffs once (in 2005) in the past 10 years while the Knicks have been a lottery team from 2002 to 2010. Guess what ? Andrew Bynum is still better than every single player we drafted the past 10 years. And the Knicks could have drafted Bynum but the so called best drafter ever, Isiah Thomas, selected Channing Frye instead. The Lakers also drafted Marc Gasol in the second round in 2007 (before they traded his rights for his brother a year later) and Marc is probably also better than any player we drafted the past 10 years.

Simply put : even if we had Andrew Bynum and a first round pick to trade, the other teams wouldn’t let us acquire Dwight Howard without giving up more assets. They would tell Dolan :”hmm, you traded two future first round picks for the likes of Marbury, Curry, Melo, etc., accepted to take multiple garbage contracts and offered massive cap relief. If you want Howard you need to give up more assets.” And obviously they know the Knicks would bend over sooner or later. The Knicks have a history when it comes to trades for all star players and all the other teams in the NBA know it.

The Knicks were on the right path in the 90s with Checketts and Grunfeld. We acquired very good players for cheap (LJ, Spree and Camby are perfect examples). We didn’t draft very well but we managed our assets. Everything changed when Grunfeld was fired in 1999 and Jimmy Dolan replaced Checketts in 2001.

To answer the OP’s question I don’t get sick watching the Lakers make brilliant moves because they deserve it and never panic. I just get sick watching Jimmy Dolan constantly run the team into the ground…
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject:

Nother:

3StarburyAriza21

The Lakers deserve credit for taking the risk of drafting Bynum out of HS and developing him into a great center. They had by far the best offer of any team in play for Dwight. It's not like they were gift-wrapped him.

This is why the Knicks haven't won anything in so long. They had a huge potential trade chip in Lin and let him walk for NOTHING. That's someone who could have had as much value as Bynum down the line if it worked out and could have been used, if you wanted, to trade in a package for another star--or keep and contend for a title, as LA did with Bynum until now. If it doesn't work out, it's just a bad contract, which you could still use as an asset in a trade. That's what Ujiri has so brilliantly done win Denver--he signed guys first like Nene, Afflalo, Harrington, etc.--overpaying to keep them so he didn't lose them for nothing and then using them in trades later (despite their contracts). But the Knicks were too worried about a potential cap hit THREE YEARS from now and so let their best asset walk, and now are left with absolutely no chance to win a ring with its current roster for the next few years and nobody to trade for another piece that could have vaulted them into serious contention. It's just so stupid and inexcusable.

NY's Dwight to LA big thread if you wanna gloat some mo'.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1200538&start=1005
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Quote:
However, Lakers fans shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch. First off, let's not forget that Howard is only under contract for this season and has yet to play a game for the team. For all we know, he could hate being a Laker and become a clubhouse cancer.

On a similar note, this is a man who basically kicked and screamed his way out of Orlando. In LA, he may have one hell of a wake up call when he realizes that it's Kobe Bryant's team and that he's just a member of the supporting cast. If the three-time Defensive Player of the Year can't accept that, it could become a nightmare situation for all parties: the fans, the players and especially the front office that traded for Howard.

Are people really this stupid, or in denial?

Looks like you found Rick1232312321132.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Quote:
I am going to laugh my a$$ off when all the idiot news people, and all the idiot fans, for an entire season, predict the Lakers to win the west, then OKC waxes their a$$ in the western conf. finals. Lakers over OKC? Are you kidding me? Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka....ALL UNDER 25! By the time the playoffs come around next season, Kobe will be 34, Pau will be 33, Metta will be 33, Antawn Jamison will be 37, and Steve Nash will be 39. They wouldn't win the west in a retirement home basketball league much less the NBA . They didn't get that much better. That added Nash, and they added Howard by subtracting Bynum. That really isnt much of an improvement at the center spot. all they added was nash. And lets be honest.....last time i checked, Nash is most effective with run and gun players like marion at pf, amare at C, and shooters on the outside. What good does one of the best passers ever do you when all he is going to do is pass the ball inside to howard and gasol when they post up? Those two trees downlow make nash ineffective. With miami and okc, nash would be valuable. with 2 seven foot tree stumps downlow, nash makes no difference. he needs athletes like amare and marion

What's funny about these types of morons, is that last season, they were screaming how Dwight was "so much better" than Bynum, but now that the trade has occurred, SUDDENLY, they act like there is no difference. I love reading comments from these desperate heat and thunder fans.

What I found funny about that particular one is that he says that Nash won't as effective because he won't be playing with "run and gun athletic players like Marion and Amare..." WE HAVE DWIGHT HOWARD. If you look at the definition of "athlete" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Dwight right next to it. These guys are so far in denial its hilarious.
Captain_Napalm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Quote:
However, Lakers fans shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch. First off, let's not forget that Howard is only under contract for this season and has yet to play a game for the team. For all we know, he could hate being a Laker and become a clubhouse cancer.

On a similar note, this is a man who basically kicked and screamed his way out of Orlando. In LA, he may have one hell of a wake up call when he realizes that it's Kobe Bryant's team and that he's just a member of the supporting cast. If the three-time Defensive Player of the Year can't accept that, it could become a nightmare situation for all parties: the fans, the players and especially the front office that traded for Howard.

Are people really this stupid, or in denial?

Both.

They'd have to be stupid or in denial to even be a fan of these garbage teams in the first place.

"Woo! We might win a division banner this year!"
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Classless Magic fan.

Quote:
Fu** that piece of sh**! I hope he has a career ending injury, his first season in L.A. I will never forgive him for turning his back on Orlando. He is Shaq 2.0
Laker2Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Classless Magic fan.

Quote:
Fu** that piece of sh**! I hope he has a career ending injury, his first season in L.A. I will never forgive him for turning his back on Orlando. He is Shaq 2.0

LOL I hope this guy is right about Dwight being Shaq 2.0. That means 4 more trips to the Finals and 3 more rings.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Classless Magic fan.

Quote:

Glad D12 left that ungrateful city. After he gave them 8 years they act this way.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject:

My response to a Toronto fan on RealGM :

markjay wrote:
TankCommander wrote:
This thread made me even depressed about being a raptors fan. People are arguing between either having Nash/Pau or CHris Paul, while the best raptors player wouldn't even start on the lakers.

The feels are getting to me.

Oh come on. Isn't half the fun of being a Raps fan feeling sorry for yourselves for having such a miserable team? Go ahead and open a six-pack and watch the replays of Kobe's 81-point game and that might cheer you up!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject:

Quotes from Boston.com when the trade news broke. (A lot of Laker fans on this site but I only took the boston quotes).

Dwight Howard to be traded to Lakers tomorrow morning

Quote:
The sixers are the winners. Denver got very little.
The Lakers have not got a draft choice to give for two years. The league will make them cough up more.

Quote:
That's what they said when the Lakers got Payton and Malone in 2003-04. The difference? Nash can't do what Payton could do, play defense and sit properly.

HAHAHA

Quote:
Good for the FAKERS.....Two players with bad backs. Good luck. Now take this SHIZNIT to Around the NBA!!!!!

Quote:
Howard is overrated.
Kind of a knucklehead.

Quote:
When you get to trade away a top 5 player and get nothing in return while making 3 other teams better you just have to do it !!! Disgusting.

Quote:
All done by the NBA to create drama and interest in the league. Orlando could have made a handful of better trades over the past few months and settles for this? What a joke.

Quote:
Let's see .....the Fakers have an old point guard, a fading superstar and now a center with a bad back who has limited offensive skills. I'm good with it!

Quote:
after reading this I think the Black Mamba wants to take DH to Colorado........
Party on Dwight....I think his "head" is in the wrong place......

LINK
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quotes from Boston.com when the trade news broke. (A lot of Laker fans on this site but I only took the boston quotes).

Quote:
The Lakers have not got a draft choice to give for two years. The league will make them cough up more.

Quote:
That's what they said when the Lakers got Payton and Malone in 2003-04. The difference? Nash can't do what Payton could do, play defense and sit properly.

HAHAHA

Quote:
Good for the FAKERS.....Two players with bad backs. Good luck. Now take this SHIZNIT to Around the NBA!!!!!

Quote:
Howard is overrated.
Kind of a knucklehead.

Quote:
When you get to trade away a top 5 player and get nothing in return while making 3 other teams better you just have to do it !!! Disgusting.

Quote:
All done by the NBA to create drama and interest in the league. Orlando could have made a handful of better trades over the past few months and settles for this? What a joke.

Quote:
Let's see .....the Fakers have an old point guard, a fading superstar and now a center with a bad back who has limited offensive skills. I'm good with it!

Quote:

LINK

(bleep)in' Boston fans. They're terrified because their lead in the number of titles is soon to be finished.
8>24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

HAHAHA

I hate all Boston teams. I hope all red sox, patriots and celts fans suffer.

Quote:

Quote:
Howard is overrated.
Kind of a knucklehead.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

(bleep)in' Boston fans. They're terrified because their lead in the number of titles is soon to be finished.

I hate all Boston teams. I hope red sox, patriots and cels fan suffer.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: QFTS MIAMI fan on OKC & LAL

Quote:
Pimpwerx wrote:
No. The Lakers aren't some ultimate test for us. OKC poses a bigger problem because their bigs can rebound every bit as good as the Lakers, but their Big3 can also shoot the lights out from outside. They also still pose the biggest hurdle to the Lakers escaping the West, and talking about it as some forgone conclusion is foolhardy, at best. Some of you just don't learn. PEACE.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/14scbko.jpg
ChrisCash24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject:

hahahaha, they cant rebound as well as gasol and howard. Not even close
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject:

ChrisCash24 wrote:
hahahaha, they cant rebound as well as gasol and howard. Not even close

Howard avg 18.8rpg vs Miami by himself
lackor555
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject:

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that anyone can out rebound the heats front court, but the real question is who can defend or even score over Gasol and Howard.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject:

lackor555 wrote:
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that anyone can out rebound the heats front court, but the real question is who can defend or even score over Gasol and Howard.

Score? OKC since they do it from the outside. Not from the inside though.

Last edited by lounger on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject:

lackor555 wrote:

The Heat are not that easy to out rebound. Orlando beat them only in games they out rebounded.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject:

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: QFTS MIAMI fan on OKC & LAL

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
Pimpwerx wrote:
No. The Lakers aren't some ultimate test for us. OKC poses a bigger problem because their bigs can rebound every bit as good as the Lakers, but their Big3 can also shoot the lights out from outside. They also still pose the biggest hurdle to the Lakers escaping the West, and talking about it as some forgone conclusion is foolhardy, at best. Some of you just don't learn. PEACE.

lets address this.

OKC out rebounded the lakers last season in Rebounds per game by 3 rebs.

we just swapped drew for dwight. dwight played okc twice last year. while drew played them 8 times.

Drew's RPG vs OKC = 10rpg
Dwight's rpg vs OKC = 12 rpg.

so we just got 2 more rebs. now that gives okc only 1 more rebound per game then the lakers. and thats just using pure stats and not placing dwight the person on the court next to gasol, kobe, etc as solid rebounders for their position to give howard more room to tip boards to other people when he cant grab them all. etc. and its easy for a team to double team you on the box out when you have no other rebounders on your team (orlando). but you cant do that vs the lakers. or else gasol will end up with 15 rebs.

that alone will give us probably a good 4 more rebs then okc come this season assuming dwight is 100% healthy and ready to go.

now let me also add Jordan hill killed OKC on the glass (WHEN HE GOT TIME). we brought him in late. so he has a much smaller sample size vs okc. thats another rebounder off the bench they will have to deal with. that again makes darn sure we're up on them by 4 or more come next season.

we could put hill and dwight in at the same time to STOP all okc rebounds and 2nd chance points. there would be nothing they could do about it.

i dont think they realize we got quicker by swapping drew out for dwight. we also are quicker to the boards because we will seriously use J.hill now. i feel sorry for the nba. they will get destroyed on the glass. most of ibaka's rebounds are because he's quicker then a lot of really big guys. so he can sneak in there and out jump guys. well you cant sneak past dwight nor can you outjump dwight. basically the same thing you saw dreads from denver doing to the lakers. will not happen this season. thats one positive when you have a hyper athletic guy like dwight on your team.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: QFTS MIAMI fan on OKC & LAL

postandpivot wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Quote:
Pimpwerx wrote:

lets address this.

OKC out rebounded the lakers last season in Rebounds per game by 3 rebs.

we just swapped drew for dwight. dwight played okc twice last year. while drew played them 8 times.

Drew's RPG vs OKC = 10rpg
Dwight's rpg vs OKC = 12 rpg.

so we just got 2 more rebs. now that gives okc only 1 more rebound per game then the lakers. and thats just using pure stats and not placing dwight the person on the court next to gasol, kobe, etc as solid rebounders for their position to give howard more room to tip boards to other people when he cant grab them all. etc. and its easy for a team to double team you on the box out when you have no other rebounders on your team (orlando). but you cant do that vs the lakers. or else gasol will end up with 15 rebs.

that alone will give us probably a good 4 more rebs then okc come this season assuming dwight is 100% healthy and ready to go.

now let me also add Jordan hill killed OKC on the glass (WHEN HE GOT TIME). we brought him in late. so he has a much smaller sample size vs okc. thats another rebounder off the bench they will have to deal with. that again makes darn sure we're up on them by 4 or more come next season.

we could put hill and dwight in at the same time to STOP all okc rebounds and 2nd chance points. there would be nothing they could do about it.

i dont think they realize we got quicker by swapping drew out for dwight. we also are quicker to the boards because we will seriously use J.hill now. i feel sorry for the nba. they will get destroyed on the glass. most of ibaka's rebounds are because he's quicker then a lot of really big guys. so he can sneak in there and out jump guys. well you cant sneak past dwight nor can you outjump dwight. basically the same thing you saw dreads from denver doing to the lakers. will not happen this season. thats one positive when you have a hyper athletic guy like dwight on your team.

Post I don't disagree with what your saying but this was about a miami fan claiming OKC is a bigger threat than LA is
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject:

enjoyable reading. Thanks for posting.
Axshun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTS MIAMI fan on OKC & LAL

Car54 wrote:
Quote:
Pimpwerx wrote:

I have no problems with what he said. Until we prove otherwise, OKC does pose the bigger threat. But, it will make it that much sweeter if the Lakers can prove them wrong!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject:

I just wanna see them play the game, tired of all the speculation

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: