OT- Worst Luck of Any Rookie I've Ever Seen. Julius Hodge Shot Serveral Times Last Night

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: OT- Worst Luck of Any Rookie I've Ever Seen. Julius Hodge Shot Serveral Times Last Night

First the rape thingy and now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2401667

DENVER -- Julius Hodge of the Denver Nuggets was shot and wounded early Saturday, Adams County sheriff's deputies said.

Hodge

Hodge was struck several times in his lower body and has been taken to a hospital but his condition wasn't immediately available.

The sheriff's office said Hodge was driving on Interstate 76 in the Denver area at about 2 a.m. when another vehicle pulled alongside and someone inside started shooting.

Another motorist stopped and took Hodge to a hospital.

Authorities said the motive for the shooting wasn't known and they appealed to any witnesses to come forward.

The 22-year-old Hodge was the Nuggets' first-round draft pick in 2005. He was recalled from the NBA Developmental League last month to replace guard Earl Boykins after Boykins broke his hand.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

who ever he is hangin with he needs to distance himself. This kid is going nowhere fast.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

What rape thingy?

And I agree he needs to distance himself from all that trouble.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject:

Worst luck but best luck too...

Even though he was shot "several times," the latest reports are that he will make a full recovery, and George Karl said he should be able to play in two or three weeks!!!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Worst luck but best luck too...

Even though he was shot "several times," the latest reports are that he will make a full recovery, and George Karl said he should be able to play in two or three weeks!!!

That's GREAT news!
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
who ever he is hangin with he needs to distance himself. This kid is going nowhere fast.

to say this at this point with the details that are out right now is ridiculous. Supposedly hodge was on the interstate driving at 2am...not unusual for an nba player, and a vehicle pulled up beside his vehicle and shot it up. I assume it was a nice vehicle, hence jealousy etc.

now I dont know anymore than you, but to say that about this young guy is out of line imo. I went to nc state the same years he was there and there was NEVER any out of line conduct on the part of hodge....a stand up guy all around. Just look at what Karl had to say about him and that gives you an idea of his character.

after saying that awesome news he is expected to recover fully....get well soon jules.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Dude, he must hate Denver, he barely plays, is accused of rape and then gets shot?
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

The rape thing was BS. The entire thing ended abruptly, no payment or anything. The woman was twice his age and there was absolutely no evidence. In fact, the woman was sent to jail for filing a false police report.

Must be a lot of golddiggers in Colorado.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't think this kid is a very good guy.......
Midnightluv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't DJ Quik who said "Denver, is just like Compton"?

Tough break. Glad it wasn't life threatening.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:

Remember Paul Pierce, almost stabbed to death a few years back?

Whish him a full recovery anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: