Lebron James is NICE!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

Ive seen both these guys before - sorta

LeBron is a young Magic with more of a mind to score. Neither guy had defense but their size made them effective defensively where the knowledge and talent was lacked. He is also more physically gifted than Magic, but Magic had an even better understanding of the game which is saying a lot. When this guy learns defense (if?) he will be the best player in the game and may be the best player ever. I hate to say it but his physical package at this young age gives him the opportunity to surpass what others have done. He understands the game, but will he get better from behind the arc and defensively? Most likely, yes. Scary, Scary thought for anyone outside of Cleveland.

Wade is a young Jordan. Don't laugh and don't flame. He is nearly unstoppable going to the basket. He is fast and strong and finishes well. Much like a young Jordan, he has nothing going beyond 15 feet. That's why the Heat lost. When they needed the 3 his range wasn't there and you had Walker and Payton jacking up nasty shots when Wade had dominated the ball for 12 minutes. His defense is not nearly what a young Jordan's was and if it doesn't get better his hype factory will remain high due to offense but this "Is he better than Kobe?" crap will go away. For those who dispute this - the guy has hit twelve (12) 3's all year. That means his offensive game is far from being complete at this time and we all know he is not the best defender. He is the best in the league getting to the hole. Yes even better than AI at this point.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:

The more I think of it, the more I see some very interesting aspects, in the Kobe v.s. LeBron comparison... I think, that if Kobe could develop that same inner calmness, composure, trust in his teammates, and smoothness, and decisiveness in execution, Kobe could probably become "The Greatest", in my mind.

Many people point out that LeBron doesn't have that "killer-instinct", but it seems like he had some of that, in his rookie year. It may be, that even the young LeBron, is being worn down, fast. LeBron may have aged, about 10 years, since he became an NBA Player.... He already looks about 30 yrs. old. It may also be, that LeBron is trying to become a more cerebreal player, that focuses more on facilitating the offense.

I'm not sure, how much of LeBron's "smoothness", "inner composure", or "trust of his teammates", can be learned... I think much of this just comes naturally, as part of someone's inner personality. Personally, I value the things that LeBron excels in, more than that "killer-instinct", or "clutch". I think LeBron's strengths tend to lead more toward helping your whole team become a champion.

Kobe looks faster, and has a more compact, efficient body type... If Kobe could develop some of LeBron's natural talents... Whew!!
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Just for fun conversations, its okay to do some comparisons between Lebron/Wade versus Jordan/Magic. But it is dumb to take the comparisons seriously.

There will NEVER be another Jordan or Magic, NEVER EVER. And as Magic said, there will never be another Larry Bird. So you can stop right there if you are being serious about the comparisons.

Lebron and Wade hasn't proven a damn thing, especially Lebron who hasn't even played in a playoff series. And these are the same two losers who played in the 2004 Olympics and "won" the bronze. They didn't deserve the moniker "Dream Team", instead it was more like a nightmare. You can add Camelo, Carter, and TMac to this list as non-proven players.

Now for Kobe, this guy is standing in the middle between the non-proven players and the great legendaries like Jordan/Magic/Bird. Kobe has proven a lot. He has been in and won countless playoff series and finals, throw up insane numbers over the years, have three championships, and proven in other areas such as a great scorer, defensive player, and clutch player. He is known to be a fearless, a fierce competitor, and one of the hardest working player in the league. But even with all those accolades, Kobe cannot be compare to Jordan or Magic. However, what Kobe does from now till the end of his career will determine whether he belongs with the greatest players in history. Now without Shaq, can Kobe carry and lead his team to the Finals? Will he continue to show greatness for the remaining years and give us more memorable moments? Will he help bring Olympic Gold back to the USA? We will see.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:

fadeaway8 wrote:
Just for fun conversations, its okay to do some comparisons between Lebron/Wade versus Jordan/Magic. But it is dumb to take the comparisons seriously.

There will NEVER be another Jordan or Magic, NEVER EVER. And as Magic said, there will never be another Larry Bird. So you can stop right there if you are being serious about the comparisons.

Lebron and Wade hasn't proven a damn thing, especially Lebron who hasn't even played in a playoff series. And these are the same two losers who played in the 2004 Olympics and "won" the bronze. They didn't deserve the moniker "Dream Team", instead it was more like a nightmare. You can add Camelo, Carter, and TMac to this list as non-proven players.

Now for Kobe, this guy is standing in the middle between the non-proven players and the great legendaries like Jordan/Magic/Bird. Kobe has proven a lot. He has been in and won countless playoff series and finals, throw up insane numbers over the years, have three championships, and proven in other areas such as a great scorer, defensive player, and clutch player. He is known to be a fearless, a fierce competitor, and one of the hardest working player in the league. But even with all those accolades, Kobe cannot be compare to Jordan or Magic. However, what Kobe does from now till the end of his career will determine whether he belongs with the greatest players in history. Now without Shaq, can Kobe carry and lead his team to the Finals? Will he continue to show greatness for the remaining years and give us more memorable moments? Will he help bring Olympic Gold back to the USA? We will see.

The comparisons were of the younger versions of Magic & Jordan not the completed versions we were blessed to see.

Also - how can you say Kobe isn't one of the greatest already? The guy is a HOF right now - hands down one of the greatest 10 to ever play the game. No one has ever won a championship by himself in basketball. It is up to management to put a team around him that is capable of winning championships (talent / maturity / ability to focus).

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:

I'm wondering If LeBron will go out like Shawn Klump. When Kemp (before he became Klump) was a young player he looked like a man-child. Very mature/old for his age. If I were to guess LeBron's age, I would say about 32 years old. Serious, he looks that old. I give him to about 28 before he goes down-hill fast.
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
I'm wondering If LeBron will go out like Shawn Klump. When Kemp (before he became Klump) was a young player he looked like a man-child. Very mature/old for his age. If I were to guess LeBron's age, I would say about 32 years old. Serious, he looks that old. I give him to about 28 before he goes down-hill fast.

No. Kemp went down through his own actions, LeBron is much more clever and better prepared. Once he'll retire, we do mention him as one of the game's greats, in the same category with Kobe Bryant.
fadeaway8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
The comparisons were of the younger versions of Magic & Jordan not the completed versions we were blessed to see.

Also - how can you say Kobe isn't one of the greatest already? The guy is a HOF right now - hands down one of the greatest 10 to ever play the game. No one has ever won a championship by himself in basketball. It is up to management to put a team around him that is capable of winning championships (talent / maturity / ability to focus).

Magic came into the league at 19 years old and by the time he was 20, he was already a champion. He came to the lakers during a time when lakers had a new roster and under new ownership, and he turned the team into a champion. We all know the story of how he stepped up in the finals when Kareem was injured and he scored 40+ points to beat the sixers. So again, you can stop right there with any comparisons of ANYONE to Magic. Seriously, there will never be another magic, young or old version. And same goes for Jordan and Bird.

As for Kobe, he needs to win without Shaq to cement his legacy as one of the greatest ever. Last year was a dismal one for Kobe. And it wasn't his fault, or anyone else's fault. They just had a chain of bad luck. First it was an entire new roster with chemistry issues, then Kobe got sidelined, Rudy stepped down, then they tried to adapt the triangle offense in the middle of the season, it all spelled disaster season. This year, things are looking better. And Kobe is having a very good year and is starting to show his greatness without Shaq. Being a Lakers/Kobe fan, we tend to be bias when it comes to Kobe. And that's okay, but seriously, Kobe still needs to continue to do more to be mention in the likes of Magic and Jordan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Kobe fan and I always defend him when people knock on Kobe, saying that he is too selfish or he will never be as good as Jordan. While I agree that Kobe is not there yet, but he's getting closer to being a great player that Jordan was.

But all that needs time, and the first step is to play hard and get back into the playoff, and they seem to accomplished that with Kobe leading the way. Second step, Kobe needs to lead the Lakers to beat the Phoenix Suns in the first round, or at least compete well versus the Suns. They have not beaten the Suns in a long time. There are still two games left versus Phoenix, lets hope Phil figures something out using these two games to test matchups before the playoff.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I just saw this on NBA Coast-to-Coast - Check out Lebron's numbers over the last 3 games:

42.7 points
9.7 rebounds
7.3 assists
62.5 FG percentage
3-0 team record

This kid is going to dominate the NBA for a long, long time.

Right now, there are only 3 reasons I believe Kobe is the better player:
1. playoff experience
2. defense
3. clutchness

The playoff experience will take care of itself, but if Lebron ever learns to play solid defense, he'll become the best player in the league imo. Not because I believe he has more overall SKILLS than Kobe, but the fact that he's so physically gifted allows him to do things Kobe can't.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Kemp was messed up due to drugs. Lebron ain't no MJ but still brings some thrill to the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

I met LeBron at his very first nationally-televised game on TNT vs the Lakers.

Yes, he is very NICE!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I just saw this on NBA Coast-to-Coast - Check out Lebron's numbers over the last 3 games:

42.7 points
9.7 rebounds
7.3 assists
62.5 FG percentage
3-0 team record

This kid is going to dominate the NBA for a long, long time.

Right now, there are only 3 reasons I believe Kobe is the better player:
1. playoff experience
2. defense
3. clutchness

The playoff experience will take care of itself, but if Lebron ever learns to play solid defense, he'll become the best player in the league imo. Not because I believe he has more overall SKILLS than Kobe, but the fact that he's so physically gifted allows him to do things Kobe can't.

Those numbers are just absolutely ridiculous.
Midnightluv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

nice bold print on the 62.5%
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

Oh my god. 63%
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject:

Midnightluv wrote:
nice bold print on the 62.5%

Yeah, 43 ppg over 3 games is one thing, but to score 43ppg on 62.5% is just insane. I'm sure Kobe has had some 3 game stretches like that, but not at 21 years old. Amazing. Bron has been on a tear ever since he hit his first game-winning shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: