Nash has small fracture of fibula....Lakers' medical staff has Steve Nash missing about 7-10 days (p.13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murasakiANDgold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject:

a_c wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Try to teach an old dog new tricks, old dog overcompensates by trying too hard and gets injured.

Have you ever even played ball before? Overcompensating by trying to check a guy and there is knee on knee contact..... That happens in basketball man it has nothing to do with 'overcompensating' or 'trying too hard'.

It didn't help that the trainers made Nash do calf raises yesterday with 10 pound weights on his bad leg. They told him to push through the pain. This is all according to Beto Duran, who reported this on 710am before the game last night.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Worst thing about this is that Mike Brown might be able to spin this into delaying his exit.

I don't think Mitch is that stupid to get spun. Can't offer an opinion on Jimmy, other than he enjoys pretty hats and to my dismay broke open the checkbook this summer.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Mitch, please contact West.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject:

murasakiANDgold wrote:

It didn't help that the trainers made Nash do calf raises yesterday with 10 pound weights on his bad leg. They told him to push through the pain. This is all according to Beto Duran, who reported this on 710am before the game last night.

Doing weighted calf raises on a stress fracture, however, will prevent it from healing in a timely manner....

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Also, it is sort of medical malpractice. Even if you thought it was a contusion, I can't fathom why calf raises are indicated for an acute fibia contusion (the original diagnosis). Maybe a PT person can explain that one to me...
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Must be more of those bartenders hired by Jimbo.
iwearvans
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Maybe trainers saw lakers play their best ball without so they decided to make sure he's gone until we win
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
i think you have to start duhon here to keep blake coming off the bench...but maybe slide kobe to the 3 and have meeks start at 2...

Apparently you didn't see Duhon play in the game Nash got hurt.He played so bad that Brown made Dribbles his second team PG. The one-armed man from "The Fugitive" would probably be more effective than Duhon
Amara D'Antona
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject:

iwearvans wrote:
Maybe trainers saw lakers play their best ball without so they decided to make sure he's gone until we win

Then they need to diagnose Mike Brown with a permanent brain contusion.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject:

How does Nash walk off Isaiah Thomas jumping on his ankle, but knocking knees with Damian Lillard shuts him down a week?
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Gonna start buying tables so I can flip them after the loss on Sunday.

Ill bring some cheep china from walmart for effect.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject:

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject:

And the hits keep coming. I was afraid in the preseason that this may be one of those dreaded snake-bitten seasons when nothing goes your way.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
How does Nash walk off Isaiah Thomas jumping on his ankle, but knocking knees with Damian Lillard shuts him down a week?

It's a stress fracture. The damage was already accumulating faster than it could be repaired, he took one good hit and the bone fractures.

Training staff should have been on top of it before it got to that point, but, I guess they're busy making people do calf raises or something.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

It's a stress fracture. The damage was already accumulating faster than it could be repaired, he took one good hit and the bone fractures.

Training staff should have been on top of it before it got to that point, but, I guess they're busy making people do calf raises or something.
wait what? are you saying nash already had that fracture before the collision? are you saying it started with I.thomas landing on his ankle? if thats what you're saying. i sure did say sit nash even if nash could go, since that ankle situation looked way to violent for it to be nothing for an older player like nash.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Amara D'Antona wrote:
iwearvans wrote:

Then they need to diagnose Mike Brown with a permanent brain contusion.

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
RG73 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

wait what? are you saying nash already had that fracture before the collision? are you saying it started with I.thomas landing on his ankle? if thats what you're saying. i sure did say sit nash even if nash could go, since that ankle situation looked way to violent for it to be nothing for an older player like nash.

The fracture wasn't already there. A stress fracture occurs when there is prolonged stress on a bone without ample time to recover. It means that Nash was likely being overworked in practice, which made him bumping his shin into a more serious injury than it would've been otherwise.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I've also had a "small fracture", but on the scaphoid bone of my wrist. I had to be in a cast for 6 weeks and another week in a splint. Then again the healing process for that bone is due to limited blood circulation to that area.

Though blood circulation won't be a problem in the area Steve was injured, I don't see how he is going to recover sooner than 3-4 weeks, especially at his age. I sure hope he proves us wrong and makes a quick recovery but the "at least a week" in the title is pretty vague. I don't recall anyone healing from a fracture in only 1 week.
celticsblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
RG73 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The fracture wasn't already there. A stress fracture occurs when there is prolonged stress on a bone without ample time to recover. It means that Nash was likely being overworked in practice, which made him bumping his shin into a more serious injury than it would've been otherwise.

You mean putting guys nearly 40 through full paced practices followed by same day games is a bad idea? The hell you say.

Didn't Brown say something like "I'm gonna treat him like he's ready to play over 40 once they say he can play" about D12? Guy is a serious bozo.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Steve Blake has actually been decent so far...if we contain our turnovers, we can win all of our games.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject:

makes me wonder if the phx medical staff is better than ours...

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
makes me wonder if the phx medical staff is better than ours...

You don't have to wonder, they are.

I can't believe that collision resulted in a fracture. At least we're getting the freak injuries out of the way early I suppose.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Steve Blake has actually been decent so far...if we contain our turnovers, we can win all of our games.

So 3 turnovers and 2 assists in 38 minutes while your opponent GOES OFF is decent?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Clint getting treatment

Quote:
Steve Nash ‏@SteveNash
Hot and Cold... http://instagr.am/p/RnYhvIg5Hb/

!...
lorain23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:

this team is done for the night
ERod86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

I kind of hear what youre saying but flexibility and toughness is how he walked off, but this time time a guy kneed him in the calf and cracked a bone
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15
Jump to: