New mod recommendations
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: New mod recommendations

Not that you guys need recommendations, but these guys would be great the next time you add any:

jonnybravo
Jeffs
hoopschick

Thoughtful, intelligent, mature, never vulgar, and they disagree without being dicks, much like all the current mods.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New mod recommendations

C M B wrote:
Not that you guys need recommendations, but these guys would be great the next time you add any:

jonnybravo
Jeffs
hoopschick

Thoughtful, intelligent, mature, never vulgar, and they disagree without being dicks, much like all the current mods.

I was with you until you started talking about jeffs not being a dick. Even he'd laugh at that...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I always liked activeverb if u guys were looking for a mod
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg
rwongega
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
City_Dawg
rwongega

I second Rwongega.

dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject:

I will have to disagree with all the recommended posters above and recommend the following:

Postnpivot
Venturalakersfan
KobeMania
Dvdrdiscs

All swell guys/girls/unknowns
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Everyone named so far are known sex offenders.

Except City_Dawg. It's sexual offense is we don't know what it's sex is.

---George Carlin
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Dvdrdiscs

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Wilt

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Conker wrote:
City_Dawg
rwongega

I second Rwongega.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Me.
LoLakers13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I shall volunteer as well. I have deep knowledge of the game (coach B taught me) and I'm experienced with the internets.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LoLakers13 wrote:
I shall volunteer as well. I have deep knowledge of the game (coach B taught me) and I'm experienced with the internets.

Well he's got me convinced. No one lies on the internet!
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
LoLakers13 wrote:

Where did you read that?
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
LoLakers13 wrote:

Where did you read that?

It's a famous Abraham Lincoln quote.

---George Carlin
HungryBear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject:

The website needs a serious upgrade in the quality of the moderation. There is so much trolling and flaming and just plain stunted posting given how upset everyone is. The mods need to start laying down the hammer. The quality of the postings have really gone downhill over the years as has the discourse. I'm all for reasonable discussion and disagreement among posters, but it is just blatant that so many people are trolling or posting without thinking or are locked into their dogmatic mindset.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject:

HungryBear wrote:
The website needs a serious upgrade in the quality of the moderation. There is so much trolling and flaming and just plain stunted posting given how upset everyone is. The mods need to start laying down the hammer. The quality of the postings have really gone downhill over the years as has the discourse. I'm all for reasonable discussion and disagreement among posters, but it is just blatant that so many people are trolling or posting without thinking or are locked into their dogmatic mindset.

I think there's too many quality posters who rather hide than deal with the trolls/idiots.

Either way, if you feel you can contribute to the discussion do so. I have never tried to ignore the board at it's worst times even. We should all work together to improve the discussion content.

And a lot of this is the Lakers losing so badly. Gotta expect some really bad ranting these days.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject:

HungryBear wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for registering your concern. I totally understand it, but it's a whole lot easier to be frustrated with than to fix.

Every year we are inundated with new posters. We are also attracting an ever larger number of trolls who come back over and over. This board registers about 1500-2000 posts on an average day, and as it has grown over the years, that number is trending ever upward.

In the midst of that, when things go badly for the team, not only do the newbies tend to get agro, and not only do the trolls pop out of the woodwork, but the regular posters start to get testy. And battle lines get drawn.

Then there's the fact that every guy venting frustration is seen as a troll by anyone who disagrees with him, and around and around they go. A few people spend countless hours reading through posts and trying on a case by case to determine who is who and what is what. Not as easy as you might think, and you'd probably be amazed by the amount of hours, warnings, suspensions, bans, etc., we do on a daily basis.

We're not perfect, but we're working hard at at it, and it isn't easy on a site this size under these circumstances. Hit your report button, try and elevate the discussion, and wait them out.
HungryBear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks for responding. I'm extremely thankful for all the hours you guys put in to keep the site up and running, I can only remember the days where the servers would crash whenever anything noteworthy happened so it's great that we even have a place to come and share our passion for this team.

I understand how difficult it is to moderate a forum like this that is constantly growing and attracts all types of new people everyday. I don't mean to blame the moderating crew for this problem, I just lament the fact that browsing the lounge has become almost as frustrating as watching the team play. I don't have any solution to the problem, but hopefully one is found. Thanks for all the hard work!
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: New mod recommendations

24 wrote:
C M B wrote:

jonnybravo
Jeffs
hoopschick

I was with you until you started talking about jeffs not being (bleep). Even he'd laugh at that...

Sorry, I don't read the feedback forum often, so I just saw this. Appreciate the love, but DB and the other mods know what would happen within 10 minutes of my having moderator powers. Though, if I could just have those 10 minutes...

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject:

HungryBear wrote:
Thanks for responding. I'm extremely thankful for all the hours you guys put in to keep the site up and running, I can only remember the days where the servers would crash whenever anything noteworthy happened so it's great that we even have a place to come and share our passion for this team.

I understand how difficult it is to moderate a forum like this that is constantly growing and attracts all types of new people everyday. I don't mean to blame the moderating crew for this problem, I just lament the fact that browsing the lounge has become almost as frustrating as watching the team play. I don't have any solution to the problem, but hopefully one is found. Thanks for all the hard work!

I think these two things (bolded) go hand in hand. When the team struggles on a major scale as they have this season, people get frustrated, and venting on LG is probably the healthiest outlet for pent up frustration. In fact, my remote is quite thankful for LG's existence, as it would likely have some battle wounds otherwise. When people are frustrated, not only do they exhibit their frustration in their posts, but they are far more likely to be annoyed with other posters who they feel are being short-sighted or agenda-driven. Posts that they usually brush off and simply scroll past during the "good times" elicit a response when times are rough.

Just as it is with tension among players in the locker room, winning cures all. There will always be trolls and one-issue posters on LG, but it's amazing how much more tolerable they are when the Lakers are winning championships.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
I will have to disagree with all the recommended posters above and recommend the following:

Postnpivot
Venturalakersfan
KB#8,#24
KobeMania
Dvdrdiscs

I agree with this list. BTW what does it take to become a mod?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:

Postnpivot
Venturalakersfan
KB#8,#24
KobeMania
Dvdrdiscs

I agree with this list. BTW what does it take to become a mod?

Herpes, a greedy ex-spouse, extreme poverty/homelessness, some form of physical and/or mental deformity, and a seething case of random rage.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: