Some Reminders - Redux
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Some Reminders - Redux

This has been a trying season and posters have resorted to taking it out on one another and indulging in extreme player bashing. I thought this would be a good time to bring back DB's announcement. Let's try to get back to discussing the season without the name calling - that applies to other posters and to the Laker players. Criticism of players is fine; agenda posting isn't (i.e., posting "Player X sucks and needs to be traded" in multiple threads day after day). Thanks. --ChefLinda

Announcement:

With the new season now here for a few weeks, we've got some reminders and announcements.

Keeping the Debate Civil

Just an annual reminder for those who may have forgotten, can't help themselves or those who are new to the site. We have a few guidelines that help you receive less flack from your fellow members of LG. As the goes on, remember the following:

- No Personal Attacks. Stick to going after an argument, not the user. We want discussion, not smack. If something personal needs to be said to a user, that's for the mods to take care of.

- Piss & Moan Threads. If you just want to vent and post a "Player X Sucks" thread with no content or time spent on your post, it will often be locked or merged into a larger piss and moan thread. There is no need to start a new thread if you aren't going to bring anything of substance. Bring substance, a well-thought out post and there are few issues. Mods want threads that elevate the debate and provide a variety of topics.

- Game Threads. We have them for a reason. If there is some random play that just happened, don't start a new thread if your post has no substance or bigger concept for discussion. Use the Game Thread.

- Trade Proposals. If your post consists of a random players name in the title, followed by some ESPN trade proposal you thought of, that goes in the Trade forum. The board has been doing a great job of this lately.

- Duplicate Threads. Look before you post. Often, there is already a thread about the topic you want. If two people post at the same time, that's acceptable, of course, but if there is already a thread (or five) on the same topic, you don't need to start a new one. We want a variety, not five topics discussing the same thing.

There should be a LOT to discuss this season with the new systems, new coaches and new players. Let's keep it civil, please.

Thank you.

Mod & Site Staff for 2012-13 Season

24, Alpha, ChefLinda, DancingBarry, Exick, GoldenThroat, LakerSanity, LarryCoon, Mike _at_ LG, pokoy, JerryMagicKobe

Welcome JerryMagicKobe as a new addition to the mod group. We will likely make another addition or two this season still depending on how things go and what kind of mod voice may be needed.

Last edited by DancingBarry on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject:

20 bucks says JMK accidentally bans himself trying to figure out his new taser.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject:

The personal attacks thing is the one people need to pay attention to in these times. Lots of tension and frustration. Everyone wants to be "right". When one posts against the hivemind, the mob feels appropriate to berate them for having a difference of opinion. I see lots of straight up disrespectful stuff in here.

Truck on, mods.

IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Geminis' get to have all the fun.
dh12era
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject:

[Post moved to the Feedback Forum - Dear Mod thread]
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

20 bucks JMK get embroiled in a sex scandal.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject:

What happened to Uberzev?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject:

Welcome, JMK!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject:

Congrats, JMK!

Excellent choice
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Welcome JMK!
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject:

Grats JMK! Check is in the mail.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject:

Holy (bleep)! It's about time! Thanks, JMK, for putting your enjoyment of the Lakers on the line. I apologize in advance for the times that you will have to ban me.

-Suspended for one week.- JMK

(yes that is a joke making fun of CMB's propensity to remove himself from the board on occasion - jmk)

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject:

Congratz to the new mod.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject:

Thanks all - I look forward to pitching in however I can to ensure this wonderful place is enjoyable and informative for us Laker fans.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:

Great choice, DB. Congrats, JMK.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject:

Great, another site I won't be able to visit because of JMK.
El Daddy702
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject:

I volunteer for mod!

Drzucchini wrote:
Either something happens or something doesn't? Damn. Bold claim.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject:

JMK.... welcome to the site
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject:

Sweet JMK justice incoming.

!...
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Thanks DB. Welcome JMK!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Thanks all - I look forward to pitching in however I can to ensure this wonderful place is enjoyable and informative for us Laker fans.

Nice avatar; almost as cool as mine!
LakerBlue
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Some Reminders

DancingBarry wrote:
Announcement:

With the new season now here for a few weeks, we've got some reminders and announcements.

- Duplicate Threads. Look before you post. Often, there is already a thread about the topic you want. If two people post at the same time, that's acceptable, of course, but if there is already a thread (or five) on the same topic, you don't need to start a new one. We want a variety, not five topics discussing the same thing.

AMEN!!! I'm sick of all these people posting duplicate threads. Especially when the thread they're duplicating is right at the top of the page.
That just screams "I'm too lazy to check the first page's head lines before I post".
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Reminders

DancingBarry wrote:

Welcome JerryMagicKobe as a new addition to the mod group. We will likely make another addition or two this season still depending on how things go and what kind of mod voice may be needed.

Excellent choice! Congratulations JMK!
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Reminders

DancingBarry wrote:
Announcement:

Keeping the Debate Civil

Just an annual reminder for those who may have forgotten, can't help themselves or those who are new to the site. We have a few guidelines that help you receive less flack from your fellow members of LG. As the goes on, remember the following:

- No Personal Attacks. Stick to going after an argument, not the user. We want discussion, not smack. If something personal needs to be said to a user, that's for the mods to take care of.

- Piss & Moan Threads. If you just want to vent and post a "Player X Sucks" thread with no content or time spent on your post, it will often be locked or merged into a larger piss and moan thread. There is no need to start a new thread if you aren't going to bring anything of substance. Bring substance, a well-thought out post and there are few issues. Mods want threads that elevate the debate and provide a variety of topics.

- Game Threads. We have them for a reason. If there is some random play that just happened, don't start a new thread if your post has no substance or bigger concept for discussion. Use the Game Thread.

- Trade Proposals. If your post consists of a random players name in the title, followed by some ESPN trade proposal you thought of, that goes in the Trade forum. The board has been doing a great job of this lately.

There should be a LOT to discuss this season with the new systems, new coaches and new players. Let's keep it civil, please.

Thank you.

Mod & Site Staff for 2012-13 Season

24, Alpha, ChefLinda, DancingBarry, Exick, GoldenThroat, LakerSanity, LarryCoon, Mike [AT] LG, pokoy, JerryMagicKobe

Most of the posters here don't know how to differ without insulting the other poster. They try to ridicule the poster who has a different opinion from them. What I do now is ignore the poster who use personal attack and not answer their childish attacks. It works for me. Maybe if you start suspending and or banning the posters who are here just to insult or personally attack other posters things will get better. Great job Dancing Barry and the other mods.
We are supposed to be Lakers brothers not enemies.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:

how do you become a mod?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: