Dear mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Your not an official lg member until you get your own punch line

And what is the first letter of the word "punch"?

Your one to talk strawberry boy.
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
In the interest of transparency and healthy discussion (because even though this thread was started by a guy with a screen name, the topic is worthwhile IMO), here are a few thoughts I'd like to share:

1. Neither I nor any current mod to my knowledge has locked a thread because they didn't agree with the opinion or were getting the worst of an argument.

2. Every poster has their own idea of what is and isn't a good topic, who is winning an argument, and who started what. That's why we have mods. Like it or not, there have to be people who make such decisions on behalf of the board as a whole. We are accountable to each other and the owner, and regularly ask each other for help or advice. Most of us are also quite willing to discuss things either on the board or via PM. We do make mistakes, but we are for the most part willing to be reasonable (I know I've unbanned people and unlocked threads after a convincing PM). That doesn't mean merely objecting will get you your way, but a convincing, respectful argument goes a long way.

3. As with any large board about a subject as passion-inducing, we have a variety of types of posters. One group is the low information poster, and another is the overly emotional poster. A lot of our trouble lies with members of one or the other or both. If you attack other posters who disagree, vent non-stop bleating about one subject in every thread (or start a bunch of new ones), or simply think every thought deserves a thread, you will likely cause a lot of thread lockage.

4. If you find yourself getting banned/getting threads locked a lot, rather than figure everything is because of some mod malfeasance (I was owning him/her, he/she doesn't like my opinion, etc., you might want to consider that you are actually doing something wrong, and if unsure, ask.

5. To help with transparency and communication, I'll sticky a "why did my thread get locked?" topic here.

You have banned me from a topic based on a difference of opinion, which in my opinion is worse than locking it. Because at least locking it would be fair to everyone.

I do believe there was a topic on unions which was locked for some unknown reason, wnich appeared to be because you disagreed with my opinion, I could be wrong.

The irony here is if i could get you to understand why you're not allowed to post on that topic, we wouldn't have to restrict you from posting on it. I understand and appreciate your frustration, and wish there was a way to make it work for everyone. It is what it is.

As for the unions topic, I don't know whether I locked it or not. The only reason i would lock the topic would be one of two reasons: personal attacks within the topic, or politics being brought into it.

FWIW, I hate having to lock topics based on politics or religion or other subjects. I love debating them, but they are forbidden here.

I see your point on unions, although I don't see anything wrong with politics.

As for the acupuncture threads, I asked the mods several times to be specific with what I was doing wrong. The only thing I got in return was an email and a couple posts calling me a crank and leaving it at that. I thought mods were above personal attacks. If you had identified what I did wrong I would have listened, but based on what I've seen, in my mind its because you had a difference of opinion. I never lied in those threads. I told everyone clearly my opinion is on personal experience. If that's not good enough for you, then just ignore me.

I'm with you on politics, but i also understand why they are forbidden, and my job is to enforce the rules as they exist.

Part of the mods' job (limited only to them) is to make personal assessments and act upon them. Telling you that you are a crank is not a personal attack, it is an assessment, made in the performance of the required duties.

A crank is someone with an absolute belief that he or she did not arrive at utilizing commonly acceptable rules of evidence, logic, or critical judgment, who therefore cannot support the belief with those things, is immune to evidence, logic, and critical thinking when it countermands the belief, and most importantly of all, is unable, through some combination of cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias, obstinance/obtuseness, inability to think critically, and gross ignorance, to understand much less accept any of the above as true.

Quite simply, the one other thing a crank believes to the same level of certainty with which he or she holds the crank belief is that he or she is not a crank. So while I understand and even sympathize with your feelings, rather than mitigating our stance, they merely reinforce it.

I have a more libertarian view on cranks. As long as they disclose where they get their information, who cares what they sell. People here are big boys, they don't need you to tell them what's right and wrong. That's said I respect your right to run this site tne way you want, even if it is incorrect. I won't get into too much else, or else this will turn into a replay of that thread.

But put simply, the whole situation could have been handled a lot better. If you treated all your customers this way, you wouldn't have any. Fortunately I have thick skin.

Fair enough. But since you think you're a customer, have you paid your bill yet.

That's the problem with the business right now, there's no money in it even though its valuable. You should be nicer to me since the company I am looking to develop solves that problem.

Actually, spending time defending you from the folks who like to use acupuncture as a punch line with you, not to mention spending time being as transparent as i can with you should qualify as nice to some degree.

Then again, since the company I'm looking to develop uses proprietary technology to

empty the bank accounts of those i ban into mine, I'm all set.

I'm glad your business is working out. But if you hadn't deemonized the a word so much, it might not be a punch line. Then again, I wouldn't complain about it as a punch line, if I was allowed to participate. One should be allowed to defend himself. In this case I can't, so the only thing I can do is report it.

One thing I've never mentioned is there are far more radical ideas out there on medicine than what I have posted. If you've been to other sites I'm sure you've seen that. Much of the stuff against western medicine, I never even heard of, not to say its right or wrong.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
In the interest of transparency and healthy discussion (because even though this thread was started by a guy with a screen name, the topic is worthwhile IMO), here are a few thoughts I'd like to share:

1. Neither I nor any current mod to my knowledge has locked a thread because they didn't agree with the opinion or were getting the worst of an argument.

2. Every poster has their own idea of what is and isn't a good topic, who is winning an argument, and who started what. That's why we have mods. Like it or not, there have to be people who make such decisions on behalf of the board as a whole. We are accountable to each other and the owner, and regularly ask each other for help or advice. Most of us are also quite willing to discuss things either on the board or via PM. We do make mistakes, but we are for the most part willing to be reasonable (I know I've unbanned people and unlocked threads after a convincing PM). That doesn't mean merely objecting will get you your way, but a convincing, respectful argument goes a long way.

3. As with any large board about a subject as passion-inducing, we have a variety of types of posters. One group is the low information poster, and another is the overly emotional poster. A lot of our trouble lies with members of one or the other or both. If you attack other posters who disagree, vent non-stop bleating about one subject in every thread (or start a bunch of new ones), or simply think every thought deserves a thread, you will likely cause a lot of thread lockage.

4. If you find yourself getting banned/getting threads locked a lot, rather than figure everything is because of some mod malfeasance (I was owning him/her, he/she doesn't like my opinion, etc., you might want to consider that you are actually doing something wrong, and if unsure, ask.

5. To help with transparency and communication, I'll sticky a "why did my thread get locked?" topic here.

You have banned me from a topic based on a difference of opinion, which in my opinion is worse than locking it. Because at least locking it would be fair to everyone.

I do believe there was a topic on unions which was locked for some unknown reason, wnich appeared to be because you disagreed with my opinion, I could be wrong.

The irony here is if i could get you to understand why you're not allowed to post on that topic, we wouldn't have to restrict you from posting on it. I understand and appreciate your frustration, and wish there was a way to make it work for everyone. It is what it is.

As for the unions topic, I don't know whether I locked it or not. The only reason i would lock the topic would be one of two reasons: personal attacks within the topic, or politics being brought into it.

FWIW, I hate having to lock topics based on politics or religion or other subjects. I love debating them, but they are forbidden here.

As for the acupuncture threads, I asked the mods several times to be specific with what I was doing wrong. The only thing I got in return was an email and a couple posts calling me a crank and leaving it at that. I thought mods were above personal attacks. If you had identified what I did wrong I would have listened, but based on what I've seen, in my mind its because you had a difference of opinion. I never lied in those threads. I told everyone clearly my opinion is on personal experience. If that's not good enough for you, then just ignore me.

I'm with you on politics, but i also understand why they are forbidden, and my job is to enforce the rules as they exist.

Part of the mods' job (limited only to them) is to make personal assessments and act upon them. Telling you that you are a crank is not a personal attack, it is an assessment, made in the performance of the required duties.

A crank is someone with an absolute belief that he or she did not arrive at utilizing commonly acceptable rules of evidence, logic, or critical judgment, who therefore cannot support the belief with those things, is immune to evidence, logic, and critical thinking when it countermands the belief, and most importantly of all, is unable, through some combination of cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias, obstinance/obtuseness, inability to think critically, and gross ignorance, to understand much less accept any of the above as true.

Quite simply, the one other thing a crank believes to the same level of certainty with which he or she holds the crank belief is that he or she is not a crank. So while I understand and even sympathize with your feelings, rather than mitigating our stance, they merely reinforce it.

I have a more libertarian view on cranks. As long as they disclose where they get their information, who cares what they sell. People here are big boys, they don't need you to tell them what's right and wrong. That's said I respect your right to run this site tne way you want, even if it is incorrect. I won't get into too much else, or else this will turn into a replay of that thread.

But put simply, the whole situation could have been handled a lot better. If you treated all your customers this way, you wouldn't have any. Fortunately I have thick skin.

Fair enough. But since you think you're a customer, have you paid your bill yet.

That's the problem with the business right now, there's no money in it even though its valuable. You should be nicer to me since the company I am looking to develop solves that problem.

Actually, spending time defending you from the folks who like to use acupuncture as a punch line with you, not to mention spending time being as transparent as i can with you should qualify as nice to some degree.

Then again, since the company I'm looking to develop uses proprietary technology to

I'm glad your business is working out. But if you hadn't deemonized the a word so much, it might not be a punch line. Then again, I wouldn't complain about it as a punch line, if I was allowed to participate. One should be allowed to defend himself. In this case I can't, so the only thing I can do is report it.

One thing I've never mentioned is there are far more radical ideas out there on medicine than what I have posted. If you've been to other sites I'm sure you've seen that. Much of the stuff against western medicine, I never even heard of, not to say its right or wrong.

Lol don't even bother. The more you report the more hate you will receive just let it happen and play along with it. Trust me in this one
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:

I didn't demonize anything, unless by demonize you mean clearly articulate the facts.

I do agree there is worse stuff out there, but you don't accept being beaten by the cops just because cops elsewhere kill people...
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:

I didn't demonize anything, unless by demonize you mean clearly articulate the facts.

I do agree there is worse stuff out there, but you don't accept being beaten by the cops just because cops elsewhere kill people...

You have to admit those arguments got pretty heated and you basically deemed it the same respect voodoo would get (not that I know anything about that). But the point is me or my ideas will get no respect if the mods say its ok to ridicul his ideas. And I did bring evidence, you have to admit, just not the kind you like.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:

You have to admit those arguments got pretty heated and you basically deemed it the same respect voodoo would get (not that I know anything about that). But the point is me or my ideas will get no respect if the mods say its ok to ridicul his ideas. And I did bring evidence, you have to admit, just not the kind you like.

Yes we don't like bad unsupportive evidence.

---George Carlin
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:

Yes we don't like bad unsupportive evidence.

This forum was founded on unsupportive evidence. And a customer review is not unsupportive evidence. Our economy is based on customer reviews and there are websites just for that. If you don't like customer reviews fine, but it is not unsupportive.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:

I will be using the phrase "this forum was founded on unsupported evidence!" in the future.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject:

Post moved here from DB's announcement thread in the Lounge:

dh12era wrote:
Hi everybody, I just re-register to make my point below.

I am initiald who just got ban for being accuse of trolling, which I did not in this thread.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=152839&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I just simply want to discuss the Pecking Order, which is a new topic to discuss serious issue with the current personalities of the Lakers. The team lacks the identity and is confused. Kobe obviously has more rings and achievement but DH12 is younger and better impactful player based on statistical data I have gathered over the last 2 years.

In that thread above, I did not attack anyone nor did I offend anyone, yet a lot of posters attack me. BUT I don't mind the attack as I'm not someone who will carry personal vendetta on any posters in here. I have thick skin so to speak. I realize that I don't fall into the usual Kobe fan worship crowd which obviously against the norm at this site, so I know I can be irritated to those. But the main reason I join this site is to simply discuss the issue I find very remarkably interesting, yet not the type Lakers fan would love to hear.

So I just want to say that I don't mind being ban from this site. This is not my site. I am a computer science major, doing a lot of statistical analysis on game and software. My interest with the team is different than other.

But I want to ask whoever in charge of this site to look into that topic and find where I did was wrong or make any personal attack on any members, feel free to ban me forever. In fact, if you think I'm worth of being ban, then PLEASE ban my account and deleted all my post as I don't want to have any trace related to this site so I can move on with my life and find a better appropriate site to discuss Lakers related issue.

Thank you.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject:

To initiald/dh12era:

Last Friday I suspended you for 1-day for calling another poster a "Kobe-homer" which is considered an insult on this board. The same would hold true for "Pau hater" or "D12 hugger" or any other variation.

Knowing you had just been suspended for this, you began a thread with the following post:

Quote:
Let talk about the pecking order of this team. Seriously, who is the best player on this team.

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

It's time for Dwight era to begin. It never felt it begins as long as too many Kobe fanboy keep saying Kobe is the Lakers best player.

Although you entitled the thread "Pecking Order" you didn't actually make any in-depth arguments for the pecking order you listed. Nor did you post any of the "statistical data" you have been "gathering for the last two years." And you ended the brief post by insulting "Kobe fanboys" thereby sending out a red flare for anyone who didn't agree with you to come in and give you grief.

This type of thread starter on most message boards would be considered "trolling." Why? Because there was no serious attempt to expand on your theory so that people could actually discuss the basketball reasons for your pecking order. Instead a hot potato was tossed out that would inevitably rile people up. That's what trolls do.

Posters are allowed to criticize Kobe, and posters are allowed to think Kobe should become the number 2 option. But if you're going to take that position, you need to be able to back it up with facts and logical argument. Since you didn't, the thread was perceived as a troll thread and most of the posts were insults toward you and you returning the favor.

These types of threads do not serve the purpose of discussing basketball. They serve the purpose of calling attention to one's agenda. In this case the agenda seems to be your mission to enlighten the "Kobe-fanboys" that D12 should be the new number one option. In fact, your new name "dh12era" announces your agenda.

You even go so far as to say that D12 can never become the number one option until the Kobe-fanboys let go of their obsession. But the fans don't decide who the number one option is. It's D'Antoni and the players themselves through their play that determine that.

You might want to go back and read the Guidelines that DB posted in that Announcement thread where you posted your question as well as the "LG Site Moderation Policy" stickied at the top of this Feedback forum.
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Last Friday I suspended you for 1-day for calling another poster a "Kobe-homer" which is considered an insult on this board. The same would hold true for "Pau hater" or "D12 hugger" or any other variation.

Knowing you had just been suspended for this, you began a thread with the following post:

Quote:
Let talk about the pecking order of this team. Seriously, who is the best player on this team.

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

It's time for Dwight era to begin. It never felt it begins as long as too many Kobe fanboy keep saying Kobe is the Lakers best player.

Although you entitled the thread "Pecking Order" you didn't actually make any in-depth arguments for the pecking order you listed. Nor did you post any of the "statistical data" you have been "gathering for the last two years." And you ended the brief post by insulting "Kobe fanboys" thereby sending out a red flare for anyone who didn't agree with you to come in and give you grief.

This type of thread starter on most message boards would be considered "trolling." Why? Because there was no serious attempt to expand on your theory so that people could actually discuss the basketball reasons for your pecking order. Instead a hot potato was tossed out that would inevitably rile people up. That's what trolls do.

Posters are allowed to criticize Kobe, and posters are allowed to think Kobe should become the number 2 option. But if you're going to take that position, you need to be able to back it up with facts and logical argument. Since you didn't, the thread was perceived as a troll thread and most of the posts were insults toward you and you returning the favor.

These types of threads do not serve the purpose of discussing basketball. They serve the purpose of calling attention to one's agenda. In this case the agenda seems to be your mission to enlighten the "Kobe-fanboys" that D12 should be the new number one option. In fact, your new name "dh12era" announces your agenda.

You even go so far as to say that D12 can never become the number one option until the Kobe-fanboys let go of their obsession. But the fans don't decide who the number one option is. It's D'Antoni and the players themselves through their play that determine that.

You might want to go back and read the Guidelines that DB posted in that Announcement thread where you posted your question as well as the "LG Site Moderation Policy" stickied at the top of this Feedback forum.

My only criticism of that is maybe he could have been warned in pm before he was banned. In my experience with discipline on this board, the first step always seems to be a suspension, but nobody has ever pmed me in advance explaining what was wrong with my posts. That's just my personal opinion. I think people should get a warning and explanation first.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject:

initiald was suspended for a week, not banned.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

My only criticism of that is maybe he could have been warned in pm before he was banned. In my experience with discipline on this board, the first step always seems to be a suspension, but nobody has ever pmed me in advance explaining what was wrong with my posts. That's just my personal opinion. I think people should get a warning and explanation first.

With the exception of something particularly egregious, we almost always warn people, usually right there in the thread, before dropping a suspension on them. Of course, multiple time offenders tend to get less in the way of warnings.
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

With the exception of something particularly egregious, we almost always warn people, usually right there in the thread, before dropping a suspension on them. Of course, multiple time offenders tend to get less in the way of warnings.

That's how it should happen, however I haven't seen that. When I was susupended, it think twice, I had no clue what the deal was. And my posts were not severe, just an honest discussion with other people. In fact there were others that outright bashed me and received no discipline, yet I get suspended just for having a conversation.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

That's how it should happen, however I haven't seen that. When I was susupended, it think twice, I had no clue what the deal was. And my posts were not severe, just an honest discussion with other people. In fact there were others that outright bashed me and received no discipline, yet I get suspended just for having a conversation.

Sorry you feel that way.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

do you guys have access to the user personal email. maybe the mod can ban the poster first than send an email stating why they were ban.

if banned user would like to be a member of the board again they must submit some type of apology to the moderator and statement that is posted on LG on why that poster said violated TOS rules and a promise that he wont do it again
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

do you guys have access to the user personal email. maybe the mod can ban the poster first than send an email stating why they were ban.

if banned user would like to be a member of the board again they must submit some type of apology to the moderator and statement that is posted on LG on why that poster said violated TOS rules and a promise that he wont do it again

Yes we have the email they registered with, but when we get to the point of banning (as opposed to suspending) someone, it's because they did something really egregious or they have been a multiple offender that doesn't react to previous discipline. In that case, we're done with them, and don't waste time sending them a condolence note. They just find out by logging on and getting the message that they are banned.

Banned users can email us if they want back in, and those emails do get read and shared among the mods. But it is rare to let someone back in after getting to the point of banning them, because in our experience, they almost always revert to their old ways.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

Yes we have the email they registered with, but when we get to the point of banning (as opposed to suspending) someone, it's because they did something really egregious or they have been a multiple offender that doesn't react to previous discipline. In that case, we're done with them, and don't waste time sending them a condolence note. They just find out by logging on and getting the message that they are banned.

Banned users can email us if they want back in, and those emails do get read and shared among the mods. But it is rare to let someone back in after getting to the point of banning them, because in our experience, they almost always revert to their old ways.

that makes perfect sense.... and i do agree.... I guess I was very lucky cas i begged my way back in after JD banned me... and I dont know who it was that let me back in but I wish I could thank him.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

that makes perfect sense.... and i do agree.... I guess I was very lucky cas i begged my way back in after JD banned me... and I dont know who it was that let me back in but I wish I could thank him.

JD is a special case. He banned a lot of trolls and kept the board free of them as well as any one mod I've ever seen. But he eventually came to see anyone who disagreed with him as a troll too, especially if they had the slightest criticism of Kobe.
dh12era
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Well first thanks for the explanation. I do feel an obligation to respond to you.

First, you didn't warn me which words are prohibited nor those words were insult. That is just your belief based on your subjective context. But anyway, I'm fine with you suspending me for 1 day because I did attack that member by calling him a Kobe-homer (although nothing offensive or harmful, it's simply sarcastic as other sites usually allow that) but it's still targeting a specific member. So I'm cool with that.

Second regarding the "Pecking Order" thread, I didn't specifically target anyone with that Kobe-fanboy reference. It was a generic term, in a way a mockery, to describe Kobe fan. Once again, anyone who feel offend because of this "Kobe fanboy" reference needs to check their pant. I even admit myself as Kobe fanboy in that thread and have got call for that in other sites, yet I don't feel offend? It's ridiculous that other posters are allowed to call someone who have different viewpoint a "troll" and even further used personal attack, yet never got any warning or suspension. I'm talking about new posters who had no prior infraction. They simply made a thread to question Kobe, and boom a bunch of Kobe fan went in and attacked him. Yet I haven't seen those posters got a SINGLE warning or ban, mainly due to them ass-kissing the mods. This is my observation only.

Third, 99% of the threads in here DID NOT start with an in-depth explanation, yet I got penalized for it. In fact, I was ready to provide an in-depth justification for Kobe criticism and data as to why DH12 should be the focal point, but before I got a chance, guess what? I was ban by that mod. Plus it was a thread to see people select their pecking order. A survey I might said. Why do I need to provide an in-depth analysis to justify that thread again? You don't make sense here.

Lastly, this might be a funny. I didn't intend to name it "dh12era". I was going to name it initiald2 but that's tacky. Therefore I assume dh12 would be taken and got no choice but to name it dh12era.

Anyway, you are a fair moderator. Just some of the guys in here you need to watch out for. They are very aggressive in attacking anyone who have an unorthodox view against Kobe. Once again, if I was ban on that initiald account, can you delete that account and all my posts? That would be great!

Thank you. ♥♥♥
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject:

dh12era wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Well first thanks for the explanation. I do feel an obligation to respond to you.

First, you didn't warn me which words are prohibited nor those words were insult. That is just your belief based on your subjective context. But anyway, I'm fine with you suspending me for 1 day because I did attack that member by calling him a Kobe-homer (although nothing offensive or harmful, it's simply sarcastic as other sites usually allow that) but it's still targeting a specific member. So I'm cool with that.

Second regarding the "Pecking Order" thread, I didn't specifically target anyone with that Kobe-fanboy reference. It was a generic term, in a way a mockery, to describe Kobe fan. Once again, anyone who feel offend because of this "Kobe fanboy" reference needs to check their pant. I even admit myself as Kobe fanboy in that thread and have got call for that in other sites, yet I don't feel offend? It's ridiculous that other posters are allowed to call someone who have different viewpoint a "troll" and even further used personal attack, yet never got any warning or suspension. I'm talking about new posters who had no prior infraction. They simply made a thread to question Kobe, and boom a bunch of Kobe fan went in and attacked him. Yet I haven't seen those posters got a SINGLE warning or ban, mainly due to them ass-kissing the mods. This is my observation only.

Third, 99% of the threads in here DID NOT start with an in-depth explanation, yet I got penalized for it. In fact, I was ready to provide an in-depth justification for Kobe criticism and data as to why DH12 should be the focal point, but before I got a chance, guess what? I was ban by that mod. Plus it was a thread to see people select their pecking order. A survey I might said. Why do I need to provide an in-depth analysis to justify that thread again? You don't make sense here.

Lastly, this might be a funny. I didn't intend to name it "dh12era". I was going to name it initiald2 but that's tacky. Therefore I assume dh12 would be taken and got no choice but to name it dh12era.

Anyway, you are a fair moderator. Just some of the guys in here you need to watch out for. They are very aggressive in attacking anyone who have an unorthodox view against Kobe. Once again, if I was ban on that initiald account, can you delete that account and all my posts? That would be great!

Thank you. ♥♥♥

As GT stated above, you weren't banned, just suspended for 1 week. I can't explain it any better than I did above. We've been suspending people for over a year over the whole Kobe-lover/Kobe-fanboy/Kobe-hater thing. Those types of terms always escalate the tension in a thread and diverts discussion away from basketball and usually provokes further insults. Sometimes the poster doing the provoking receives more negative mod attention than those responding to the provocation. And many times a poster's history/agenda provoke a response as much as the actual post. It may not be perfectly fair, but it is what it is. If you can adjust your posting style accordingly, you're free to stay here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
dh12era wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Thank you. ♥♥♥

As GT stated above, you weren't banned, just suspended for 1 week. I can't explain it any better than I did above. We've been suspending people for over a year over the whole Kobe-lover/Kobe-fanboy/Kobe-hater thing. Those types of terms always escalate the tension in a thread and diverts discussion away from basketball and usually provokes further insults. Sometimes the poster doing the provoking receives more negative mod attention than those responding to the provocation. And many times a poster's history/agenda provoke a response as much as the actual post. It may not be perfectly fair, but it is what it is. If you can adjust your posting style accordingly, you're free to stay here.

Under your original name and after serving your suspension, that is...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject:

^^^Yes, that was the presumption.
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

I like that idea. But in my case, the mod did note I did not violate the TOS...I was just deemed a crank. There was no way for me to post on that topic again so I had to avoid it altogether.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

I like that idea. But in my case, the mod did note I did not violate the TOS...I was just deemed a crank. There was no way for me to post on that topic again so I had to avoid it altogether.

Correct. You are a crank on that subject. And getting to be spectacularly high maintenance, with a very questionable payoff. There's a life insurance joke that says never be worth more dead than alive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: