detroit's draft picks: reebok SL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L33T kObE8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
if you want to communicate fine; if not, then consider your ending comments, akin to that of a backhand compliment.

comments like yours have a way of starting infantile debates; if that's your intention, then don't expect me to acknowledge any more of you inane comments.

I'll do you a favor by not responding any further to any of your comments.

L33T kObE8 wrote:
Quote:
L33T: they've done VERY well; they're nba finalists, have a championship calibre team intact; picked 26th, 46th & 50th and these draft picks look very good.

And... when did we started talking about their championship team? You clearly began the thread talking about their draft. And all I said was we didn't do too bad...

L33T kObE8 wrote:
We didn't do too bad either my friend, don't be jealous.

Don't wanna start anything, so check your pm.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:

L33T kObE8 wrote:
jeremysnow wrote:
if you want to communicate fine; if not, then consider your ending comments, akin to that of a backhand compliment.

comments like yours have a way of starting infantile debates; if that's your intention, then don't expect me to acknowledge any more of you inane comments.

I'll do you a favor by not responding any further to any of your comments.

L33T kObE8 wrote:
Quote:
L33T: they've done VERY well; they're nba finalists, have a championship calibre team intact; picked 26th, 46th & 50th and these draft picks look very good.

And... when did we started talking about their championship team? You clearly began the thread talking about their draft. And all I said was we didn't do too bad...

L33T kObE8 wrote:
We didn't do too bad either my friend, don't be jealous.

Don't wanna start anything, so check your pm.

no PM as yet.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject:

awaken

acker has caught the attention of other gm/bball types.

Quote:

Pistons sign second-round draft picks Johnson, Acker
Both took part in the Pistons' summer league in Las Vegas last month. Johnson averaged 8.8 points, while Acker was second on the team with 14.4 points.

Hammond spoke highly of both after summer league, but especially of Acker.

"We felt like this is a guy who was probably our most consistent player," Hammond said. "He's a guy that knows how to play, and he plays within himself."
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:

OPMSm0k3r wrote:
Maxiell is gonna have a tough time in the league. He's much too unathletic to be able to make a contribution. Maybe will get 10mpg at the most...if that. Actually, that all depends on if Brown wants to play him. We all know that Brown hates rookies.

btw larry brown is no longer the pistons coach.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Who cares man.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Wow. Who cares man.

Plenty of bball fans that I know of.

Amir Johnson was reported to have a 2nd rd promise from the Lakers. Both he and Acker are from L.A. Many of us have been watching these kids (or at least keeping up on them) since HS, wondering if they'd be a good fit for the Lakers.

I, for one, was hoping that Acker was going to get an SPL invite from the Lakers--until he was grabbed at the very end of the draft by Dumars. He is really showing his stuff here with these 3 picks.

Our picks look strong, also, though they are completely different, IMO. The ceiling on Bynum and Wafer is much higher than that of Acker, Maxiell and Johnson, and their draft position would impy that much. I would also say that, health permitting, Turiaf will make just as big a contribution as Maxiell will make in the L.

But jeremy's point was not necessarily to compare our draft vs Detroit's, but to simply point out that Dumars looks to have uncovered some contributors (who happen to be from LA) from a low draft spot, and to give him some deserved props.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Dang, everyone talking about Maxiell and Acker. PEOPLE...don't sleep on Amir Johnson.....he's the steal.....just watch him this season.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Wow. Who cares man.

I do.

Next time don't read this thread.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LaKerS807
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject:

i know amir johnson so i wish him the best.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject:

LaKerS807 wrote:
i know amir johnson so i wish him the best.

LakerS807: if amir has the motivation and work ethic to stick with it, I expect him to succeed. he's a tremendous potential. the pistons DID their homework in this draft.

AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
Dang, everyone talking about Maxiell and Acker. PEOPLE...don't sleep on Amir Johnson.....he's the steal.....just watch him this season.

AutoShackMotorSports: you apparently have watched Amir closely. not all fans are familiar with him. so, I'm trying to keep my comments, under promise and overperform. however, johnson if he realizes his HUGE potential, could become very solid player!

thanks mike & muad for watching my back.

muad: thanks for clarifying exactly what I meant. my point was to look at the drafting done by the pistons and to learn from it. we CAN get as good. just a matter of progressing on a learning curve.

and who knows..... "someone" just might ending up sending mitch an e-mail about acker, johnson or whoever. :roll:

in another line of thinking, there are fans out there that simply think lakers; without realizing that players on other teams could possibly be potential lakers in the future. I think this is where LG is valuable as a forum for both fans (and also as you and the mods know, the lakers themselves ).

there is a place for educated comments regarding players on other teams and abroad. the LG mods and the great resources of posters facilitate this. as for posters that DO NOT understand or appreciate this stance, I highly recommend learning the process of evaluating player talent (especially from other teams).

I myself have come to appreciate that there are NUMEROUS fans (as well as the mods), that have much to share. And there are a few posters (sportwriters, lower level scouts) that frequent LG, that are closely tied with other teams and not just with the lakers.

trust me on the aforementioned paragraph.

for this reason, I am very appreciative for the LG staff to accomodate writers, e.g. emplay, sky, lionel and the many others, that have chosen LG as their site of choice (or at least one of them).
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject:

BIG BearCats fan so I can tell you that Maxiell is one of the steals of the draft DESPITE his size...

I fully expect him to be a starter eventually and easily be one of the best rebounders and shotblockers in his era...

But, as you know, I'm biased...
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Maxiell's gonna be something, no doubt....but I think Amir will be their future (if he realizes his potential)
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

4/15/06: I've watch both acker & amir johnson in the D-league, and I've been very impressed, especially with amir johnson.

problem is, the pistons are too deep.

expect these guys to either eventually make their way up or to be used as draft bait.

the fayetteville team did not make the playoffs, mainly because acker & johnson were sent down to the D league, when it too late to make an impact (the lowest two teams do not make the playoffs).

as for jason maxiell, the guy is promising. just cannot get enough court time with the deep pistons team.

Code:

A.Acker, fay DET 17.9 4.8 4.8
M.Andriuskvcs, ark CLE 7.0 4.2 0.5
E.Ilyasova, tul MIL 12.5 7.0 1.0
A.Johnson, fay DET 17.3 7.2 1.2
P.Podkolzin, ftw DAL 6.6 5.8 0.5
P.Ramos, roa WAS 14.9 7.7 1.0
H.Seung-Jin, ftw POR 2.0 3.8 0.2
B.Wright, fla MIN 21.2 3.8 4.0
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if they would have drafted melo..
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Amir Johnson has everything to be a star in this league. Would love to have drafted him. I remember talking with my brother, while watching the draft, saying "There was a kid in the McD's All-American competition who could block shots like crazy. Had a weird name. I guess he didn't declare since he's not been drafted by now."

Then, the inevitable, "With the 56th pick, in the 2005 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons, select Amir Johnson." I was seriously pissed.

Kid is long, strong (for his age), and athletic as hell.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: