Orlando is lookin good in the long run...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Orlando is lookin good in the long run...

Now they have lots of cap space in the next coming years they can aquire some top notch talent and have the money to pay for it. Grant Hill will probably retire soon and if he doesnt, will get waved. There is a rumor that Vince Carter will opt out after next year and either play for Orlando (where he has a home) or for the Bobcats and try to get a large contract. I'm not sure if either team should do that because Vince Carter is gonna be about 30 or 31 when he starts playing for them and his game doesnt age well with all those crazy dunks (but will still be pretty good and will be great from a buisness standpoint bringing in fans).

The Magic can also wait to pick up LeBron and offer him a HUGE contract (he will be well worth it) in 08 I think. Turkoglu, Darko and Dwight Howard will all be making 6+ mil each in 08 and Carlos Arroyo will be making 4 mil that year. So the way it stands now, the Magic will have a TON of cap space in 08. With only about 20 million on the books they could offer LeBron a max of 20+ million for multiple years and then still extend Dwight Howards contract for a max as well. They would have a killer lineup of Howard, LeBron, Arroyo, Turkoglu, Darko, Jameer Nelson and DeShawn Stevenson. Imagine that group of players together! Wow. That is a whole bunch of young and very talented players. Then they could resign some of their vets and possibly get some more role players in there as well.

So their future is looking very bright right now especially if they can grab LeBron or D. Wade, Vince Carter, Melo, or someone like them and keep their rising young stars. They can be a very very dangerous team in the next couple years if all goes well for them. But of course they will have to go through the Lakers. 8) So what do you guys think about Orlando and their future?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The duo of Howard and Nelson looks pretty promising alone. And like you mentioned, Grant Hill will be coming off the books soon, leaving them with a mound of cash to throw at top players.

I don't buy Lebron heading to Orlando over staying in Cleveland or even Wade jumping ship in Miami. I could see Melo leaving Denver though or even Rashard Lewis signing there. Hopefully they don't blow it on a player like Nene or some other impulse buy this summer.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Howard is a given superstar.

Nelson looks like he's gonna be awesome if he can avoid injuries and he'll make teams pay for passing on him in the draft. His D needs to get much better though.

Don't overlook Darko. Him and Howard together are a perfect match and he's gonna be big next year.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

If Darko can turn out to be a player like Tayshon Prince, it will be a steal for Orlando. Even if he doesn't, they will have some money to work with and even a fairly high draft pick.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Howard is a given superstar.

Nelson looks like he's gonna be awesome if he can avoid injuries and he'll make teams pay for passing on him in the draft. His D needs to get much better though.

Don't overlook Darko. Him and Howard together are a perfect match and he's gonna be big next year.

I want Darko here, starting at 4, alongside Kwame.

Darko is a prototypical 4. Good weak-side shotblocker. Ability to hit elbow. Decent post game. Range out to three point line.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: