Clippers are punks, Griz are not

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Clippers are punks, Griz are not

The Clippers are so afraid of the Mavs they have tanked for the sixth seed. The Griz coulda done that tonight but they didnt. I hope the Nuggets sweep them in the first round.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

The Clips tanked, while the Grizz TRIED to win?
Both teams rested key players. By the way, Memphis did sit out Gasol too; so it's not that black & white. If the Clips purposely tanked it, they did one hell of a job. Especially intentionally fouling towards the end (or was that one big scheme to make it seem like they "cared"?).

And why does it matter if they wanted to lose or not? Let's see. Home court vs. Denver, or on the road in *allas? Let's not forget that the Spurs will be the second round opponent. I think being the 6 seed is the "smart" thing to do, regarless of how they attained it. Is it cheap? Yes. But would they be breaking any rules by doing so? Nope.

Now if Kaman and Vlad play tomorrow (like Nash and Bell did with us) then I'd agree that it was a "tank job". Maggette and Cassell are both battling injuries, so there was a legitimate reason why they sat out tonight.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

I agree with kobenbynum.

Its not just this game, its looking over how both have done since clinching.
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Clipps are smart and effective while the Grizz are not.

They tried to Tank by sitting Pau.

Did not work.

They had the game at home,they should win.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject:

If any team looks stupid in this situation. It's definitely Memphis.

A few weeks back, the Clips had a 2-4 game lead over Memphis at the 5th spot. The Clips went on a slump, and while the Grizzlies could have easily tanked and held on to that 6th spot themselves... they went on to win.

They won as much as going ahead of the Clippers by a full game.

The only people I feel sorry for are those who went to this game though. Definitely not a good game to pay for, even though the reserves made the game semi-entertaining.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

I would never tank a game for seeding purposes, no matter how it could effect the team. Nothing beats Karma. And when you lose on purpose you also lose Karma. Not good. Clippers are going down.
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

Oh man, I love the hypocrisy in this board. I bet if the Lakers were in the same position, we'd be pleading for their case on why they should tank to gain home court advantage. If you say otherwise, then you're full of chit.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

JayInLA wrote:
Oh man, I love the hypocrisy in this board. I bet if the Lakers were in the same position, we'd be pleading for their case on why they should tank to gain home court advantage. If you say otherwise, then you're full of (bleep).

Have you read this thread? No one likes tanking. No one is saying it's just bad because it's the Clippers. Any team that does it is deserving of scorn.

^^ Farmar

Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe in Kharma. It was smart for the Clippers to get the 6th seed. Home-court advantage + play a worse team. Would you rather play the Mavs or the Nuggets....
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

People are blowing it way out of porportion. t dont even think it deseves to make news. I dont mind what the clips are doing. They deserve to do what they feel is more advanatgeous to their team considering they got themselves in that postion. Their 0-3 against the Mavs(excluding last game) and 3-1 against Denver. If we were in a postion like that, I wouldnt mind doing the same.
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
JayInLA wrote:
Oh man, I love the hypocrisy in this board. I bet if the Lakers were in the same position, we'd be pleading for their case on why they should tank to gain home court advantage. If you say otherwise, then you're full of (bleep).

Have you read this thread? No one likes tanking. No one is saying it's just bad because it's the Clippers. Any team that does it is deserving of scorn.

I think your comprehension skills suck.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are scared, now we know they fear. Kobe senses fear. See you in the second round Mr. I need a timeout Brand.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

This reminds me of the South Park episode where they are playing baseball and both teams want to lose because they want to go home and have their summers free .

In all seriousness, only teams with loser mentalities try to tank games. Resting players to gear up for the playoffs is one thing, but fear of an opponent so that you're trying to avoid them is another.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Sorry if the Lakers had the 5 seed locked up and started tanking to play the Nuggets I would be furious. Dallas is nothing to be scared of in the playoffs. The Nuggets, The Kings, The Suns, The Griz, The Clippers and of course The Lakers all could beat the Mavs. If it had been the Spurs I might understand but no team should be afraid of the Mavs in the playoffs.

Hooray Mitch!!!!
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, then think of it like "who would you rather face in round #2? the Spurs or the Suns?" Because the 5th seed gets the raw end of that deal too.

It's not the Clippers, it's the seeding system. It totally sucks.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

JayInLA wrote:

2 years ago in the the last game of the season we didn't tank the game(vs. Portland). Bring your memory back. :roll:
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

Theirs a difference. The Portland game actually had some meaning to it. It was for the division title.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: