Lakers in the News 1/6/13: "Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders' "
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject:

Coach Slick wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
SoCal88 wrote:
Mitch is talking from both sides of his ass

"I think Pau continues to struggle to figure out how he's going to play with his group," said Kupchak. "Our coaches are struggling as well. We're not going to succeed as a team until we figure that out."

Kupchak noted the Lakers also need to improve defensively.

"The players that we have on this team are certainly capable of playing lockdown defense," said the general manager. "Everybody has to look to look at the defense ... just like the offensive side of the ball. Most guys really, really want to score. In order to be a good defensive team, everybody has to really, really want to play defense and defend."

Really? Should've gone with another coach.

Just a gut feeling but maybe he didnt want dantoni? That hire has jim buss written all over it. JIMBO @@@@!!!

The insistance MDA hiring was Jim's decision is driving me crazy!!

Yes, now you know how I feel about organized religion.

Coach Slick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Coach Slick wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
SoCal88 wrote:

"I think Pau continues to struggle to figure out how he's going to play with his group," said Kupchak. "Our coaches are struggling as well. We're not going to succeed as a team until we figure that out."

"The players that we have on this team are certainly capable of playing lockdown defense," said the general manager. "Everybody has to look to look at the defense ... just like the offensive side of the ball. Most guys really, really want to score. In order to be a good defensive team, everybody has to really, really want to play defense and defend."

Just a gut feeling but maybe he didnt want dantoni? That hire has jim buss written all over it. JIMBO @@@@!!!

One group desperately clings to a tired myth to explain away all their problems... and the other believes in God.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject:

Coach Slick wrote:
deal wrote:
Coach Slick wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
SoCal88 wrote:

One group desperately clings to a tired myth to explain away all their problems... and the other believes in God.

Keep that out of here.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
SoCal88 wrote:

The Lakers are a smart group. I have a gut feeling they know what they are doing and maybe they don't want to give Howard the max, Orlando wouldn't. Maybe they want Pau to ask for a trade. Maybe they even want Kobe to ask for a trade. I had that feeling when they signed D'Antoni. That offense goes against everything the Lakers have believed in for as long as I've watched them.

Total feeling and just mine and my head says different but who knows. I have faith in them whatever.

That has a virtually zero percent chance of being true.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:

The insistence[sic] is based on common sense. The opposing claim is one propagated to the media by the front office. Cover fire for Jimmy.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Quote:
Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak sits with Mike D'Antoni during a news conference introducing the Lakers coach at the Toyota Sports Center. (Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times / November 15, 2012)
By Eric Pincus
January 6, 2013, 9:20 p.m.
The Lakers have struggled to climb above .500 despite tremendous expectations and a $130-million payroll (including luxury taxes).

General Manager Mitch Kupchak told a select group of season-ticket holders Sunday at Staples Center that he was "disappointed" with the Lakers' performance this season.

"If you have a bunch of cylinders, we're not running on all cylinders right now," said Kupchak.

The major question for the organization seems to be the integration of the play of Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard, under the guidance of Coach Mike D'Antoni.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kupchak-lakers-not-running-all-cylinders-20130106,0,5559730.story

Why are the coaches struggling pray tell? They cannot COACH!!!!! PFTTTT FIRE MDA!!!!
Coach Slick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Keep that out of here.

If the shoe fits, wear it. I am comfortable leaving it at that.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject:

No s#%t, Sherlock!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, people are actually believing that Dr. Buss and Mitch are so mentally weak to allow Jim make a decision that they fully believe in - interesting.

With acknowledged as the best p&r pg, what physical ailments are preventing them to getting layers or wide open mid-range shots for Pau that no one can block
Note: with D12 and Pau out indefinitely due to injuries, answers won't be coming for awhile

Maybe MDA wants Pau.to START at the 3pt line because Meeks/World Peace are not making their shots and more room in paint is needed.

It should be noted that the Lakers have MANY coaches that can provide the needed defensive schemes or ways to execute better.

Interesting that with all the problems and drama, the Lakers have not been blown out and could have won many of the games.

Question - how would have the Zen Master handle it better since Pau was one of the players that tuned out Phil during his last season here?

With D12 and Pau out, will the Hill/World Peace/Kobe/Meeks/Nash lineup wake up the team? With Jameson/Morris/Duhon/Ebanks coming off the bench - they certainty can press full-court to quicken the game's tempo?
Druggas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject:

On another note, sky is blue and water is wet.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject:

[quote="Nnamdi21"]
SoCal88 wrote:

"I think Pau continues to struggle to figure out how he's going to play

Mitch ABSOLUTELY did not want MDA! It came down to keeping our supposed star player of the future happy, when in reality, the Lakers brass should have stood firm and told such player to trust their decision. Mitch wanted the best, meaning best coach with the best game plan for the players we had. He NEVER wanted to bring in a coach that was going to take a group that obviously was set up to run and gun, load up at the 3pt line and brick shots...this was a recipe for disaster. The solution is quite simple but it is one that should have already been made, but the longer we wait, the more things are going to go wrong. If the coaching staff is not capable, bring in a new one! There are PLENTY of qualified coaches, asst. coaches who could come in and get us playing better. Make the move!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject:

[quote="*Purple&Gold*"]
Nnamdi21 wrote:
SoCal88 wrote:

"I think Pau continues to struggle to figure out how he's going to play

Mitch ABSOLUTELY did not want MDA! It came down to keeping our supposed star player of the future happy, when in reality, the Lakers brass should have stood firm and told such player to trust their decision. Mitch wanted the best, meaning best coach with the best game plan for the players we had. He NEVER wanted to bring in a coach that was going to take a group that obviously was set up to run and gun, load up at the 3pt line and brick shots...this was a recipe for disaster. The solution is quite simple but it is one that should have already been made, but the longer we wait, the more things are going to go wrong. If the coaching staff is not capable, bring in a new one! There are PLENTY of qualified coaches, asst. coaches who could come in and get us playing better. Make the move!!
Who are the many better coaches?

The owner of the Lakers was overruled?

Triangle worked with Shaq

With only three players that know the Triangle, how long would it take the Lakers to learn the Triangle during the season?

Would you be satisfied with Phil's last season with the Lakers considering that the same problems existed then as it does now - effort and energy?

Curious would like.to know?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: