LAKERS -at- SUNS - 4/26 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

Lamar with ANOTHER outstanding game.

And I generally can't stand Luke, but man, that guy has friggin played his ass off the last two games. EASILY his best basketball since joining the Lakers. Genius play on both ends.

Also, the team defense... The rotations are very crisp. Players doing a good job of manning up on their guys. When help defenders come, players sprint to get to open shooters instead of just letting them have the shot.

Overall, the quality of basketball in the first two games was superb. I'm actually kind of shocked we didn't come away 2-0.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:

I’ve been really sad the past days because of personal issues (job and family) but when I woke up this morning (Belgian time, 7 am), to go to school the game was still being played ( a couple of seconds to go) and I saw that the Lakers was winning I felt such a well-being sensation.

Sorry to hear. Hope things get better for you.

thank you so much man...
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:

I’ve been really sad the past days because of personal issues (job and family) but when I woke up this morning (Belgian time, 7 am), to go to school the game was still being played ( a couple of seconds to go) and I saw that the Lakers was winning I felt such a well-being sensation.

Sorry to hear. Hope things get better for you.

thank you so much man...

I hope things get better for you and your family.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

great analysis DB!

the lakers need to continue to "impose their will, their physicality on the suns."

the legs of the suns are worn. I've noticed this in the last ten games of the season. they are not the same team, as they were in the beginning and mid-season. the suns are a beat up group. (I'd guessed correctly that the suns were going to be the lakers playoff opponents & likewise, TIVO'd the correct team). If we'd been the 8th slot, I wouldn't have even bothered to record the potential opponent (spurs); knowing our 1st round chances were nill

steve nash (79 games, career high) and shawn marion (81; averaged 81 games for the past six years ) have played a ton of games and are showing their wear in the post season.

it's especially bad for marion, who's really a small forward. the suns like to "upgrade their front line" a level up, e.g. amare to center, marion to pf, tim thomas to pf/c (this guy plays like a 2), boris diaw (a 3 trying to play a 4/5).

I've noticed the suns wilting against certain "power oriented teams," late in the season, namely against the clippers and the pistons.

suns looked great when these games began, however, by the end of the game, they looked worn, shooting their jumpers short.

so the lakers need to dictate tempo and let the suns play defense for the entire 20-24 seconds.
Citizen Kris
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

i wonder how many Free Agents are watching this series thinking, "hmmm maybe i would look good in Purple & Gold"...
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

Citizen Kris wrote:
i wonder how many Free Agents are watching this series thinking, "hmmm maybe i would look good in Purple & Gold"...

I've been thinking the same thing. It's just $$ talks I can see someone like Dallas $helling out a wad of cash to keep a player from us
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: