GameFlow - Apr. 30 - Miracle on Hearn Court!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: GameFlow - Apr. 30 - Miracle on Hearn Court!

Phoenix 98 LA Lakers 99
Lakers lead 1st round series 3-1

GameFlow
BoxScore

With the Lakers down by 5 with 12 seconds left in regulation, my girlfriend asked me if the Lakers were going to win. I said it didn't look like it this time. After Smush Parker, who had been shooting horribly all game long, made a 3-pointer at the 0:07 mark, I told her, "well, now they have a ghost of a chance." The ghost became reality when Smush made a great steal from Steve Nash that resulted in a Kobe Bryant layup to unbelievably send the game into overtime.

But OT would be another adventure. Again the Lakers played from behind. Again they were down 3 with 15 seconds left. So instead of trying to the game with a shot behind the arc, the Lakers went for a quick layup by Kobe and hoped for a steal or missed free throws. Again the unbelievable happend. Steve Nash was trapped bringing the ball over mid-court, and then tied up by Luke Walton. Luke then easily tipped the jump ball to Kobe who hit a jumper as time expire to give them the 1-point win!

Needless to say, as all this was occurring, my subdued demeanor changed. To my girlfriend's amazement, I started yelling and screaming. I was so loud I scared the cat. As the game ended I spang up from the sofa and did a sumersault over the ottoman.

The Lakers got themselves into this predicament because they didn't dominate the rebounding like they had the last two games and made a lot of turnovers. Phoenix made the most of their multiple opportunities. This time they were the ones with the 89 shot attempts to just 77 for the Lakers. You could say the Lakers won this one at the free throw line where they hit 24-31. Phoenix was 13-15.

But whatever. It's all good now. I was almost going to call this The SMUSH-shank Redemption!

Lakers lines
  • Kobe finished with 24 points on 9-14 shots with 4 rebounds, 8 assists, and 7 turnovers
  • Lamar Odom had 25 points on 7-16 shots with 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 turnovers
  • Kwame Brown scored 12 with 10 rebounds
  • Sasha Vujacic add 9 points off the bench
  • Deavean George had a 11 points (9 big ones in the 4th)
  • Brian Cook hit some timely shots for 7 points

Phoenix lines
  • Steve Nash scored 22 points on 9-22 shots with 11 assists
  • Shawn Marion had 20 points on 7-13 shots with 12 rebounds
  • Boris Diaw added 21 points on 9-16 shots with 8 rebounds and 7 assists
  • Tim Thomas came off the bench to score 12 point with 7 rebounds.

Last edited by PopcornMachine on Mon May 01, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I think its very obvious that Chickie had a lot to do with this win..WE MISS YA CHICKIE!! This win's for you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
I think its very obvious that Chickie had a lot to do with this win..WE MISS YA CHICKIE!! This win's for you

I didn't realize the court was named after Chick. Now I understand yesterday's game a little more.

I woke up my 4 month old when I ran into the front room screaming and hollering yesterday. Man, that game really pumped me up!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
I didn't realize the court was named after Chick. Now I understand yesterday's game a little more.

It's not the court, but the part of 11th St. outside Staples between Figueroa and Georgia that was renamed Chick Hearn Court.
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

didn't want to be redundant:

jeremysnow wrote:

GameFlow - Apr. 30 - Miracle on Hearn Court! (LG2)
Posted on LG2: May 1 2006, 03:54 AM

props to both lakers and suns.

both teams played with tremendous grit, typical of champions. :love2:

class act game

I watched the phoenix bench when kobe was coming into the paint at the game's close.

guy at the end of the PHX bench had hand both hands on his mouth.

wow. I feel for him, imagine if the inevitable was happening right before your eyes, with time for it to happen.

btw pop, excellent commentary!

I'm simply enjoying the season, whenever it ends......
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: