***QFTOS Re: Jerry Buss***
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Great thread, love the comments from Logo and Cap.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Sharman calls Jerry Buss “the absolute best owner”

Below is a statement former Lakers coach Bill Sharman provided to the Daily News on the passing of Lakers owner Jerry Buss:

“Dr. Buss was the absolute best owner that I ever worked for…..and I worked for many including Jack Kent Cook and George Steinbrenner,” Sharman wrote in a statement. “He was a very remarkable person…..brilliant, but at the same time so kind and humble. He was a very loyal person to the people that he cared about, and I feel very blessed to have known him and shared such a great relationship with him all of these years. He is irreplaceable, but he has left a legacy that will last for many generations to come. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the entire Buss and Lakers family….he touched so many lives and he will be greatly missed by us all.”

LINK
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject:

TWC is showing a lot of tweets from Hollywood including Adam Levine, Jonah Hill, and many more.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Quote:
Rasheed Hazzard, a former Lakers scout and son of late former Laker Walt Hazzard: "We always told Dr. Buss at the games that he kept my dad alive. He gave him a reason to live. That's what Dr. Buss understood. He understood people. That was his gift and why you would run through a wall for him, because he understood people and took care of people. He got Jerry West to sign [my dad] to a contract when he was about to go into open heart surgery with a chance to die. Dr. Buss wanted him to have a three-year extension just in case so my mom would be taken care of and she wouldn't have to struggle for anything. That's the kind of guy he is. A great guy. Loyal. A loyal friend and great owner. The greatest owner in sports history. I don't know if anybody can really argue that."

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how a guy who literally won at life, could be so generous. Damn.

!...
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Royce White ‏@Highway_30

R.I.P. #JerryBuss... Pioneered competitive sports as being fun & entertaining. His impact is felt & noted across generations. #LakersNation
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
LINK

Quote:
Rasheed Hazzard, a former Lakers scout and son of late former Laker Walt Hazzard: "We always told Dr. Buss at the games that he kept my dad alive. He gave him a reason to live. That's what Dr. Buss understood. He understood people. That was his gift and why you would run through a wall for him, because he understood people and took care of people. He got Jerry West to sign [my dad] to a contract when he was about to go into open heart surgery with a chance to die. Dr. Buss wanted him to have a three-year extension just in case so my mom would be taken care of and she wouldn't have to struggle for anything. That's the kind of guy he is. A great guy. Loyal. A loyal friend and great owner. The greatest owner in sports history. I don't know if anybody can really argue that."

Wow. I had never heard about this. RIP Dr. Buss. You are already missed.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LA1969 wrote:
55 wrote:
LINK

Quote:

Wow. I had never heard about this. RIP Dr. Buss. You are already missed.

Dr Buss cared so much about people..he was such a humble man..what a sad day, there will never be another Dr. Jerry Buss..he is irreplaceable
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Leon Rose, I think that's his name, said a similar story about his former agent Magic Johnson, where Dr. Buss helped him through his times after the HlV.

My condolences to the Buss family, God bless y'all.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject:

From "The Machine"

Sasha Vujacic
7 hours ago
Quote:

Today we lost a very special man the legendary, Dr. Jerry Buss. I am thankful to have had the chance to meet him and will always remember him as the best owner any team could ask for. I am saddened to learn the news of his passing-he left us much too soon. My prayers go out to his family and I pray that he may rest in peace. He will live on forever in my heart.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

@James_Worthy42
Condolences to the Buss family. Dr Buss was not only the greatest sports owner, but a true friend & just a really cool guy. Loved him dearly

@paugasol
Today is a very sad day for all the Lakers and basketball. All my support and condolences to the Buss family. Rest in peace Dr. Buss.

@jordanchill43
Sad day for the Laker Family... #RIP Jerry Buss

@jordanchill43
God Bless Mr. Jerry Buss 🙏

SHAQ ‏@SHAQ
I'm deeply saddened over da loss of the great Dr. Jerry Buss. He was a dear friend, mentor,and brilliant business mind thank u 4 8 gr8 yrs

@Rickafox
#RIPDRBUSS THX U 4 being a MAN of your word, including me in your Laker family & setting the bar at CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE BUSS! #FOREVERGRATEFUL

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey5
RIP to the legend Jerry Buss

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
#RIP Jerry Buss.

@kevinlove
Huge loss for the @nba and the basketball world. RIP Jerry Buss.

Eric Gordon ‏@TheofficialEG10
R.I.P Jerry Buss

Nick Young @NickSwagyPYoung
RIP Dr. The Legend Jerry Buss, one of the reason growing up in a LA was great, what you did for the Lakers & the NBA Is legendary.

@TajGibson22
R.I.P. Jerry Buss

Brandon Rush ‏@BRush_4
R.I.P #JerryBuss

@ShannonBrown
RIP Dr. Buss. Prayers go out to you and your family

@TheRealTWill
R.I.P LEGEND JERRY BUSS.......

@QuincyPondexter
RIP to the legendary Dr. Buss.. Prayers up

@landryfields
Wow.. Prayers go out to the Buss family!

Anthony Davis ‏@AntDavis23
Sad to hear about Jerry Buss! One of the winningest owners of all time! #RIP

@Matt_Barnes22
Thoughts & prayers go out 2 the Buss family over the loss of Mr Jerry Buss. A try pioneer in professional sports, he set the standard for running a franchise.. He will truly be missed

@ATolliver44
Wow just heard that Jerry Buss died. Prayers go out to the Buss family.

Trevor Ariza
It hurts. It hurts bad that a legend like that is gone.

A.C. Green
What a visionary. What a leader. What a friend. Rest in peace Dr. Buss

Mark Jackson @JacksonMark13
Thoughts and Prayers to the family, friends, and fans of Dr Buss! Basketball has lost a giant! God Bless

@mitchrichmond23
RIP DR. BUSS

@LAClippers
The Los Angeles Clippers wish to extend deepest condolences to the family of Dr. Jerry Buss and to the @Lakers organization. #RIPDrBuss

Donald Sterling
Jerry Buss was a visionary, a winner and a dear friend. Our city will miss him, our league will miss him and the Sterling family will truly miss him.

Spero Dedes: "Rest in peace, Dr. Buss. I will forever cherish the brief visits and your words of encouragement."

Alfonso Smith  ‏@FonzoRB29 (Arizona Cardinals)
RT “@AntDavis23: Sad to hear about Jerry Buss! One of the winningest owners of all time! #RIP”

@LaMarrWoodley (Steelers)
RIP to jerry buss... 1 of the greatest owners in sports history

@BILLBELLAMY
My Condolences go out to the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss RIP. Your legacy will live on! #LakersFan

DJ Khalil @IMadeItInc
RIP Dr. Jerry Buss. The greatest owner in sports. You created a winning culture in LA and a great legacy. You will be missed.

Los Angeles Dodgers ‏@Dodgers
Rest in Paradise. RT @MLB: We join the @Dodgers in mourning the passing of legendary @Lakers owner Jerry Buss: http://atmlb.com/UzurMN

Los Angeles Angels:"A sad day for Southern California sports. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Buss family and the Lakers organization."

@adamlevine
Thank you Dr. Buss for putting together some of the most soulful and exciting basketball the world will ever see. We're gonna miss you.

@PaulaAbdul
My heartfelt condolences and prayers go to all of Jerry Buss' loved ones. Such a terrible loss. I'm truly sorry. #Lakers #RIP

@JonahHill
More than just an owner. Sad say because we lost you, Dr. Buss. RIP. pic.twitter.com/9DqccY9K

@KhloeKardashian
My heart, love and prayers go out to the Buss family. Thank you for the memories!!! Smile and fly your wings ♥

Larry King ‏@kingsthings
#RIP Jerry Buss - one of the great owners in the history of the sport - his career w/ the #Lakers was incredible

Gabrielle Union ‏@itsgabrielleu
RIP Dr Jerry Buss

@jimrome
Jerry Buss was in it to win it. And understood that just winning in this town wasn't it enough. How you look doing it is critical too. RIP

Lil Wayne WEEZY F ✔ @LilTunechi
Rest peacefully Dr. Buss and may God bless your family. Purple-Gold

@LAKings
Our thoughts are with our brothers and sisters at the @Lakers organization. Rest in peace, Dr. Buss.

@chrisrock
Jerry Buss was so cool he should be in the rock and roll hall of fame . He will be missed.

‏@LisaLeslie
I am so sad to hear Dr. Buss has passed away! I'm so thankful that he gave me a chance to play professional basketball by for the LA Sparks

@flea333
wow. thank you dr. jerry buss for all you have done to uplift los angeles, and give me untold joy. rest in peace

@JalenRose
RIP Jerry Buss #Lakers

@WarrenSapp
Noooo RT @kirkmorrison: BREAKING NEWS- LA Times is reporting that longtime Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has died at the age of 79.

@janiscarr
Ronny Turiaf on Jerry Buss, who paid for his open-heart surgery in 2005: "He saved my life."

@MistyMayTreanor
RIP Dr Jerry Buss. Thank u for building a Dynasty.... #Lakers

@SteveKerrTNT
This photo reminds me of my childhood, growing up a Laker fan in LA. Thank you Dr. Buss- R.I.P. pic.twitter.com/bUYgt2CP”

Celtics' CEO Wyc Grousbeck
"I had the pleasure of working with Jerry closely for the last 10 years on league matters. He was a wonderful business colleague, brilliant competitor and became a good friend. Although our teams competed in two Finals during that time, the friendship never wavered. He will be greatly missed and the entire Celtics organization offers condolences to the Buss family and Lakers organization."

Pacers' owner Herb Simon
"The passing of Dr. Jerry Buss is a tremendous loss, not only for the Los Angeles Lakers, but the NBA. I have known Dr. Buss since my brother and I bought the Pacers back in 1983, we have worked on things together as owners in the NBA and I have had the utmost respect for him. My family and the Pacers' family send our condolences to the Buss family and the Los Angeles Lakers."

Warriors owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber
"On behalf of the Golden State Warriors organization, we extend our thoughts and prayers to the entire Buss family. Dr. Buss set an incredible standard of excellence that each of us strives to achieve, but few attain. His overall contribution to the league over three-plus decades leaves an indelible mark that will never be forgotten."

Phoenix Suns managing partner Robert Sarver
"On behalf of the entire Phoenix Suns organization, our thoughts and prayers are with theBuss family. As an NBA owner, Dr. Buss was in a league of his own. I loved listening to his stories and appreciated his willingness to always engage in discussion and offer me positive encouragement and advice. He will be greatly missed."

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
"Dr. Jerry Buss was a cornerstone of the Los Angeles sports community and his name will always be synonymous with his beloved Lakers. It was through his stewardship that the Lakers brought "Showtime" basketball and numerous championship rings to this great city."

Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of AEG
"Dr. Buss was our partner, our mentor and our friend. He was kind enough to allow us into his world and much of the success we enjoyed at Staples Center and L.A. Live is directly attributed to him. I do not believe we will ever find anyone quite like him. Our prayers and thoughts are with [daughter] Jeanie and the entire Buss family."
AllOneOrNone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Wagyu Kobe wrote:
I've seen nothing but love.

Yeah the outpouring of support has been huge today. He's even trending worldwide... Yeah I said, worldwide.

We ALL "get what we give"

The world needs more Jerry Buss's
John G
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
@James_Worthy42
Condolences to the Buss family. Dr Buss was not only the greatest sports owner, but a true friend & just a really cool guy. Loved him dearly

@paugasol
Today is a very sad day for all the Lakers and basketball. All my support and condolences to the Buss family. Rest in peace Dr. Buss.

@jordanchill43

@jordanchill43

SHAQ ‏@SHAQ
I'm deeply saddened over da loss of the great Dr. Jerry Buss. He was a dear friend, mentor,and brilliant business mind thank u 4 8 gr8 yrs

@Rickafox
#RIPDRBUSS THX U 4 being a MAN of your word, including me in your Laker family & setting the bar at CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE BUSS! #FOREVERGRATEFUL

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey5

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
#RIP Jerry Buss.

@kevinlove

R.I.P Jerry Buss

RIP Dr. The Legend Jerry Buss, one of the reason growing up in a LA was great, what you did for the Lakers & the NBA Is legendary.

@TajGibson22
R.I.P. Jerry Buss

Brandon Rush ‏@BRush_4
R.I.P #JerryBuss

@ShannonBrown

@TheRealTWill

@QuincyPondexter

@landryfields

@Matt_Barnes22
Thoughts & prayers go out 2 the Buss family over the loss of Mr Jerry Buss. A try pioneer in professional sports, he set the standard for running a franchise.. He will truly be missed

@ATolliver44

Trevor Ariza

A.C. Green

Thoughts and Prayers to the family, friends, and fans of Dr Buss! Basketball has lost a giant! God Bless

@mitchrichmond23
RIP DR. BUSS

@LAClippers
The Los Angeles Clippers wish to extend deepest condolences to the family of Dr. Jerry Buss and to the @Lakers organization. #RIPDrBuss

Donald Sterling
Jerry Buss was a visionary, a winner and a dear friend. Our city will miss him, our league will miss him and the Sterling family will truly miss him.

Spero Dedes: "Rest in peace, Dr. Buss. I will forever cherish the brief visits and your words of encouragement."

RT “@AntDavis23: Sad to hear about Jerry Buss! One of the winningest owners of all time! #RIP”

@BILLBELLAMY
My Condolences go out to the Buss family. Dr. Jerry Buss RIP. Your legacy will live on! #LakersFan

DJ Khalil @IMadeItInc
RIP Dr. Jerry Buss. The greatest owner in sports. You created a winning culture in LA and a great legacy. You will be missed.

Rest in Paradise. RT @MLB: We join the @Dodgers in mourning the passing of legendary @Lakers owner Jerry Buss: http://atmlb.com/UzurMN

Los Angeles Angels:"A sad day for Southern California sports. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Buss family and the Lakers organization."

@adamlevine
Thank you Dr. Buss for putting together some of the most soulful and exciting basketball the world will ever see. We're gonna miss you.

@PaulaAbdul
My heartfelt condolences and prayers go to all of Jerry Buss' loved ones. Such a terrible loss. I'm truly sorry. #Lakers #RIP

@JonahHill
More than just an owner. Sad say because we lost you, Dr. Buss. RIP. pic.twitter.com/9DqccY9K

@KhloeKardashian
My heart, love and prayers go out to the Buss family. Thank you for the memories!!! Smile and fly your wings ♥

Larry King ‏@kingsthings
#RIP Jerry Buss - one of the great owners in the history of the sport - his career w/ the #Lakers was incredible

RIP Dr Jerry Buss

@jimrome
Jerry Buss was in it to win it. And understood that just winning in this town wasn't it enough. How you look doing it is critical too. RIP

@LAKings
Our thoughts are with our brothers and sisters at the @Lakers organization. Rest in peace, Dr. Buss.

@chrisrock
Jerry Buss was so cool he should be in the rock and roll hall of fame . He will be missed.

‏@LisaLeslie
I am so sad to hear Dr. Buss has passed away! I'm so thankful that he gave me a chance to play professional basketball by for the LA Sparks

@flea333
wow. thank you dr. jerry buss for all you have done to uplift los angeles, and give me untold joy. rest in peace

@JalenRose
RIP Jerry Buss #Lakers

@WarrenSapp
Noooo RT @kirkmorrison: <b>BREAKING NEWS</b>- LA Times is reporting that longtime Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has died at the age of 79.

@janiscarr
Ronny Turiaf on Jerry Buss, who paid for his open-heart surgery in 2005: "He saved my life."

@MistyMayTreanor

@SteveKerrTNT
This photo reminds me of my childhood, growing up a Laker fan in LA. Thank you Dr. Buss- R.I.P. pic.twitter.com/bUYgt2CP”

"I had the pleasure of working with Jerry closely for the last 10 years on league matters. He was a wonderful business colleague, brilliant competitor and became a good friend. Although our teams competed in two Finals during that time, the friendship never wavered. He will be greatly missed and the entire Celtics organization offers condolences to the Buss family and Lakers organization."

Pacers' owner Herb Simon
"The passing of Dr. Jerry Buss is a tremendous loss, not only for the Los Angeles Lakers, but the NBA. I have known Dr. Buss since my brother and I bought the Pacers back in 1983, we have worked on things together as owners in the NBA and I have had the utmost respect for him. My family and the Pacers' family send our condolences to the Buss family and the Los Angeles Lakers."

"On behalf of the Golden State Warriors organization, we extend our thoughts and prayers to the entire Buss family. Dr. Buss set an incredible standard of excellence that each of us strives to achieve, but few attain. His overall contribution to the league over three-plus decades leaves an indelible mark that will never be forgotten."

"On behalf of the entire Phoenix Suns organization, our thoughts and prayers are with theBuss family. As an NBA owner, Dr. Buss was in a league of his own. I loved listening to his stories and appreciated his willingness to always engage in discussion and offer me positive encouragement and advice. He will be greatly missed."

"Dr. Jerry Buss was a cornerstone of the Los Angeles sports community and his name will always be synonymous with his beloved Lakers. It was through his stewardship that the Lakers brought "Showtime" basketball and numerous championship rings to this great city."

"Dr. Buss was our partner, our mentor and our friend. He was kind enough to allow us into his world and much of the success we enjoyed at Staples Center and L.A. Live is directly attributed to him. I do not believe we will ever find anyone quite like him. Our prayers and thoughts are with [daughter] Jeanie and the entire Buss family."
Thank you this was emotional to read.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject:

When I see "Jerry Buss, Quotes from the Other Side," I assumed 24 had a seance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject:

dam...all these quotes really hit me ok not really crying but it does hit the heart.......i mean i never met jerry as im sure not most of us have, but the impact he had not only in the laker organization, or the nba, but in the city of los angeles was amazing....really he brought us all together because of what he did with the lakers.....jerry buss..you wil truely be missed...rest in paradise my man...now you and chick, and all the other laker legends who have past, can watch us down from heaven.....and crazy that the first game is against the boston celtics.....WIN FOR JERRY!!!!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject:

John G wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
@James_Worthy42

@paugasol

@jordanchill43

@jordanchill43

SHAQ ‏@SHAQ

@Rickafox

Kevin Durant ‏@KDTrey5

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
#RIP Jerry Buss.

@kevinlove

R.I.P Jerry Buss

@TajGibson22
R.I.P. Jerry Buss

Brandon Rush ‏@BRush_4
R.I.P #JerryBuss

@ShannonBrown

@TheRealTWill

@QuincyPondexter

@landryfields

@Matt_Barnes22

@ATolliver44

Trevor Ariza

A.C. Green

@mitchrichmond23
RIP DR. BUSS

@LAClippers

Donald Sterling

@BILLBELLAMY

DJ Khalil @IMadeItInc

@adamlevine

@PaulaAbdul

@JonahHill

@KhloeKardashian

Larry King ‏@kingsthings

RIP Dr Jerry Buss

@jimrome

@LAKings

@chrisrock

‏@LisaLeslie

@flea333

@JalenRose
RIP Jerry Buss #Lakers

@WarrenSapp
Noooo RT @kirkmorrison: <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b>- LA Times is reporting that longtime Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss has died at the age of 79.

@janiscarr

@MistyMayTreanor

@SteveKerrTNT

Pacers' owner Herb Simon

Thank you this was emotional to read.

Ditto. Thanks for posting all of those. Man, I was doing just fine until I read all of those.

Not only am I sad that the greatest sports owner is no longer with us, I'm sad/scared about where the Lakers franchise will goes from here. After Chick died, a part of the Lakers legacy died. Now that Dr. Buss is gone, another big part of the Lakers legacy died as well. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but he's one of my idols with what he was able to accomplish in his lifetime and the manner in which he accomplished everything.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject:

And some more:

Deron Williams✔ ‏@DeronWilliams
RIP Jerry Buss prayers go out to his family and loved ones

Mario Chalmers✔ ‏@mchalmers15
RIP Jerry Buss.

Carlos Boozer✔‏ @MisterCBooz
Prayers Go Out To The Buss Family... RIP Dr. Buss...

INDIANA GEORGE HILL✔ ‏@George_Hill3
R.I.P. To Jerry Buss My Prayer Goes Out To His Family Through This Difficult Time

A.C. Green✔ @NBA_Ironman
What a visionary. What a leader. What a friend. Rest in peace Dr. Buss. #Lakers

nick vanexel✔ @vanexel31
Rest in peace to the gr8est owner in all of sports. Dr.Jerry Buss. #NBA

Cedric Ceballos✔ @cedceballos
Great friend, Boss and winner Dr. Jerry Buss iWill miss u, rest now....thanks 4 all u have done 4 me n my family.

Gary Payton✔ @GaryPayton_20
Thoughts and prayers to Jerry Buss's family & friends….great man, great leader, born winner

Mitch Richmond✔ @mitchrichmond23
I only had a chance to play for Mr. Buss for one year but met him years before that, and he was always 1st Class. LA has lost a Game Changer

John Ireland✔ @LAIreland
My main takeaway: Dr. Buss treated EVERYBODY great. He was nice to everybody at the bottom and the top, because he had been both places.

AdrianGarciaMarquez✔ @AGMLA
Today we lost the greatest owner in sports. On behalf of my family and I, our condolonces to the Buss family @Lakers. RIP Dr. Jerry Buss

Mark Jackson✔‏ @JacksonMark13

VIC THE BRICK JACOBS✔ ‏@vicfeelingyou
Dr. Jerry Buss spawned sports-entertainment gave us the most electric vibe in hoop history. Lakers eternal energy made love DJB

Francisco Pinto✔ @PintoLakers
RIP Dr. Buss. You changed the city of Los Angeles forever. Thank you for giving happiness to so many Lakers fans all over the world.

Pepe Mantilla✔ @pepelakers
I'm deeply saddened over t loss of Dr. Jerry Buss, a great person that I always admired n respected. My condolences to the Buss Family

Spero Dedes✔ @SperoDedes
Rest in peace, Dr. Buss. I will forever cherish the brief visits and your words of encouragement.

Phoenix Suns✔ @Suns
"On behalf of Suns, our thoughts and prayers are with the Buss family. As an NBA owner, Dr. Buss was in a league of his own." Robert Sarver

Miami HEAT✔ @MiamiHEAT
Our deepest condolences to the Buss and @Lakers family. The @NBA lost a legend today.

Micky Arison✔ @MickyArison
Really sorry to hear about Dr. Buss. Jerry R.I.P. my friend

Adam Aron✔ @SixersCEOAdam
On behalf of the entire 76ers organization, we send sincere condolences to the Buss family and all at the Lakers. A great man has left us.

Isiah Thomas✔ @iamisiahthomas
R.I.P Dr. Buss you were a giant in the industry, and was always there to help and give advice. Your kindness and spirit will be missed!

Carlos Boozer✔ @MisterCBooz
Prayers Go Out To The Buss Family... RIP Dr. Buss...

Jed York✔ @JedYork (San Francisco 49ers CEO)
My condolences to the Buss family. RIP Jerry

Rob Lowe✔ @RobLowe
Dr Buss was a visionary, a leader and good friend. Neither the #NBA or LA will ever be the same. #Lakers

William Shatner✔ @WilliamShatner
My thoughts go out to the family of Dr. Jerry Buss. A brilliant team owner who will be sorely missed. MBB

Pat O'Brien✔ @POBPATOBRIEN
Naismith invented the game. Dr. Buss invented the fun. RIP my friend: we all bow to you. #showtime

Chief Art Acevedo✔‏ @ArtAcevedo
Jerry Buss dies at 80; Lakers owner brought 'Showtime' success to L.A. http://lat.ms/VZXfzN Sad news indeed. Thanks for the run JB, RIP.

Terrell Owens✔ @terrellowens
Condolences go out to the Buss family, the players & Laker nation for their loss. God Bless.

GQ Magazine✔ @GQMagazine
RIP to The Ringmaker, Jerry Buss. http://gqm.ag/133FzRy

Michael Eaves✔ ‏@michaeleaves
Today is truly a sad day in the sports world as we have lost the winningest owner in American team sports history. RIP Jerry Buss!

Dick Vitale✔ ‏@DickieV
Jerry Buss who gave Laker fans many fantastic teams has lost his battle with cancer / may he RIP @MagicJohnson

Hugh Hefner✔‏ @hughhefner
Learned of Laker's owner Jerry Buss death to cancer. We've lost a longtime friend.

OMAR EPPS✔‏ @omarepps
#RIP Jerry Buss!

Snoop Dogg✔‏ @SnoopDogg
Rip dr Jerry buss my friend wow this hurts he was a great man to the city n the people of la !! Laker nation can we have a moment of silence for the doctor!

GQ Magazine✔ ‏@GQMagazine
You will be missed, Jerry Buss. http://gqm.ag/133FzRyArsenio

Arsenio Hall‏✔ @ArsenioHall
Dr. Jerry Buss (RIP)

Larry King✔ ‏@kingsthings
The memorial service for Jerry Buss in LA was beautiful - speeches were on point - it was a fitting tribute to a great guy

William Shatner✔ @WilliamShatner My thoughts go out to the family of Dr. Jerry Buss. A brilliant team owner who will be sorely missed. MBB

Tommy Chong✔ ‏@tommychong
Thank you Jerry Buss for being in my life time. You treated Cheech and Chong to many basketball games,,,we will miss you....love tc

Bonnie-Jill Laflin✔ ‏@BJLaflin
With Deep Sadness I Share My Friend and Mentor Dr. Jerry Buss has passed on. In his honor my twitter account will remain silent. RIP

robertliefeld✔ ‏@robertliefeld
RIP Jerry Buss - greatest owner in sports! Gave me and my family 4 decades of fun and entertainment. What a fun and generous man. http://instagr.am/p/V4M5rTj3xo/

Lakers Nation‏✔ @LakersNation
Jerry Buss wasn't just any owner who passed away - i.e. The man is trending on twitter worldwide! #GlobalImpact

Sam Amico‏✔ @SamAmicoFSO
#Lakers #RIP RT @NBAGuru: Truly saddened to hear of the passing of Dr. Jerry Buss. One of the great, great owners in all of sports.

Chief Art Acevedo‏✔ @ArtAcevedo
Jerry Buss dies at 80; Lakers owner brought 'Showtime' success to L.A. http://lat.ms/VZXfzN Sad news indeed. Thanks for the run JB, RIP.

Rick Reilly✔ ‏@ReillyRick
RIP Jerry Buss, who made those years at the Forum the most outrageous, decadent and fun time a sportswriter could have.

Darius Soriano‏✔ @forumbluegold
Jerry Buss was the patriarch of Laker greatness. He was an iconic figure in Los Angeles. His contributions can not be overstated. R.I.P.

Ralph Lawler✔ ‏@Ohmeomy
So sorry about Loss of Laker owner Dr. Jerry Buss. One of the giants of our game and will be forever missed. Condolences to the family.

LAX Airport‏✔ @LAX_Official
LAX pylons will shine bright purple & gold all night until sunrise in memory of @Lakers Dr. Jerry Buss. RIP

LAKERS:

Kobe Bryant‏✔ @kobebryant
Its an honor to put on the Golden Armor every day. Laker fan or not, respect all that Dr B's vision has done for sports #immortal

Pau Gasol‏✔ @paugasol
At Dr. Buss Service today. Rest in Peace. http://instagr.am/p/WBN1VQn2FD/

Pau Gasol‏✔ @paugasol
Very emotional service for Dr. Buss. I'm humbled to have been a part of it. We'll always remember what an incredible man he was. #RIPDrBuss

Metta World Peace✔ ‏@MettaWorldPeace
from @ArtestMediaGrp family & I #RIP #DrJerryBuss #ThankYou #Lakers http://instagr.am/p/V9myAHLksD/

Jordan Craig Hill‏✔ @jordanchill43
Heading to pay my respect to the Legend #DrJB

Jordan Craig Hill‏✔ @jordanchill43
But forreal doe... #DrJBuss memorial service had me teary eyed...the thought of losing my pops would destroy da kid!!!

Steve Blake‏✔ @SteveBlake5
It was an honor and a privilege to attend the moving and inspirational memorial service for Dr. Jerry Buss today.

James Worthy✔ ‏@James_Worthy42
Just left a wonderful memorial...the next statue at Staples Center should definitely be Dr. Buss.

Earvin Magic Johnson✔ ‏@MagicJohnson
All Dr. Buss ever wanted to do was WIN and he did. Dr. Buss won 10 Championships – 5 with me as a player & 5 with me as his partner.

Earvin Magic Johnson‏✔ @MagicJohnson
I will always remember Dr. Buss’ big smile, his love for the @Lakers, for poker & billiards, for the City of LA and for beautiful women.

Kurt Rambis‏✔ @KRambis
Dr. Jerry Buss was a true friend and inspiring mentor who helped me achieve a childhood dream of winning a NBA title, and eventually several NBA titles. I will always be thankful to Dr. Buss for the opportunities he provided me and for all he has done for the entire basketball community. He was a visionary, an extremely intelligent and giving man who turned the Lakers into a world-renowned franchise and he was an integral part in catapulting the NBA to the level we are at now. Dr. Buss was not only an owner, but also a friend and mentor to all the players and was the reason the Los Angeles Lakers franchise became so successful. He understood that teams need talent to win and made players want to play for him and the city. He put everyone in a winning environment. Dr. Jerry Buss will be deeply missed by basketball fans worldwide, myself, my wife Linda, our children Jesse, Jordan and Ali, the Lakers organization, and the entire NBA community.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: