Ron is in great spirits (Update Pg. 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject:

Good to hear that his spirits are high. Wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Hope he knows the fans are behind him, and have a lot of respect for guys like him who give it their all. He may frustrate us with his decision making at times, but no one ever questions his passion for the game and desire to win.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject:

Always loved that about Ron. Stayin positive, all heart.
DMArtestQB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Ron Update

Surgery set for tomorow. Looks like its gonna be a six week thing. I picked him up from the airport today. Really limping bad. Says its not painful like he thought it was gonna be. We at the dr office now and he's in a positive vibe. Just trying to focus on the solution, not the problem. He is itching to get back. I'll keep y'all REAL fans updated. Peace.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject:

good to hear. One thing you can never say about Ron is, that he doesnt give it his all..
MDI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject:

Thanks Daniel

Best wishes and a speedy recovery for Ron
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject:

LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject:

REAL fans don't hate on injuries and love victories. Get lost Daniel and your holier than thou ATTITUDE!
DMArtestQB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
REAL fans don't hate on injuries and love victories. Get lost Daniel and your holier than thou ATTITUDE!

If u look at previous posts. Some LG folk was actually glad Ron was injured. "Addition by subtraction" on poster said. Go back and see for yourself.
xDLUVx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the update Daniel. Tell Ron Ron we gonna miss him. He's a hard worker and I know he'll be back even stronger.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject:

Get well soon, MWP.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

Huh? Daniel is passing along his brother's status. In any case, attacking and insulting other posters is off limits here. So, cool it. Thanks.

Edited to add: Many posters did in fact jump on the bandwagon yesterday posting they were "glad" he got injured and wishing injuries on other Laker players as well. Many of those posts were deleted and a warning was placed in the topic line of the other thread.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject:

Daniel, would Ron ever consider coming on here and chitchatting with us real fans?

Maybe he could enlighten some of the less enlightened around here. People believe what they want to believe (what they read and what they see) and can argue anything until their point is driven home, but they don't see how it REALLY is.

Ron could provide a reality check for this forum to the highest degree.

Besides, he might have some time to kill now.

Last edited by dogstar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject:

Good luck with the surgery and recovery. Stay positive Metta.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ron Update

DMArtestQB wrote:
Surgery set for tomorow. Looks like its gonna be a six week thing. I picked him up from the airport today. Really limping bad. Says its not painful like he thought it was gonna be. We at the dr office now and he's in a positive vibe. Just trying to focus on the solution, not the problem. He is itching to get back. I'll keep y'all REAL fans updated. Peace.

Appreciate you updating the fan base, when it isn't necessary at all.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject:

Daniel Artest?

Serious?

I should start reading more posts. I normally try to skim through each thread and only read posts by the more veteran members. I'd briefly read someone talking about Daniel posting here but didn't put much stock in it.

Thank you Daniel for passing along Metta's condition. Maybe you should do what I do and skip some of the rookie posters as most of them don't remember game 7 against the Celtics. (I blame Dwight for bringing a wagon full of non-fans with him to LA).

I'll admit there are times I've vented my frustrations with Metta here, mainly after he ignores Nash on a fast break

Anyhow, my best wishes to Metta, if you guys are ever up in the Bay Area I'll buy you lunch
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the update Daniel. We certainly wish your brother well and hope for a speedy recovery.

DMArtestQB wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

If u look at previous posts. Some LG folk was actually glad Ron was injured. "Addition by subtraction" on poster said. Go back and see for yourself.

A certain segment of the population are cold, cruel and ill-informed, but their ignorance is not shared by all. One of the wonderful features here is the REPORT button which will not only allow us to keep the discussion civil, but counsel, warn, or discipline the offending parties as mentioned by ChefLinda.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

Uh where the hell did this come from.

I've been critical of ole Ron in the past and in the heat of the moment in game threads but I think this is going to be a case of "don't know what you got 'til it's gone".

Losing Ron is a detriment to the team. Like Blake being out, it puts guys in positions they shouldn't be for too long.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Like Nixon once said "You won't have me to kick around anymore" it applies to Metta relating to refs.

Did Norm say that after the Byron Scott trade?

I think he did. Richard Nixon also said it at his last press conference
Quote:
"Lastly, I leave you gentlemen now, and you will write it, you will interpret it. That's your right. But as I leave you, I want you to know -- just think how much you're going to be missing. You won't have Nixon to kick around any more, because gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SClaker803
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject:

Some people hoped for him to get hurt this season and we have the posts as evidence.

Not pointing any fingers, but they should do the honorable thing and go land on a sword and hope for forgiveness
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject:

really sucks... I'm probably one of the minority who loves Ron Ron.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject:

I for one, love having Daniel post here and I can ignore all his past Laker hating and critiquing or Spur loving as we are so lucky to have him in this community. Not many professional team message boards in the world can get real time contributions from actual RELATIVES.

Six weeks of recovery basically puts an end to Ron's run as a Laker as the opt out/amnesty might come to fruition this summer. I will never forget ur heorics in Game 7 nor ur crazy flat footed lay in at the horn to beat Phx in the WCF!

Last edited by Balki Bartokomous on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total
braid
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ron Update

DMArtestQB wrote:

thanks for the update
DMArtestQB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject:

Lol. Ron has surgery at 6am tomorrow. Here we are talking about hooping. He wanna go shoot flat footed free throws tonight. I had to convince him no. But knowing him. He gonna leave when I go hoop at LA fitness in a few hours. (7021 Hollywood blvd if u wanna play. I can get u in free. Lol. Shameless plug)
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHAT THE HELL?! I leave for a few days and Ron Ron goes down?!!!!

How the hell could this cursed season get any worse?!!!! I'm so bleeping pissed off right now! The one guy other than Kobe that gives a rats ass about this team is out for the season......

(bleep)

Get well soon Ron Ron. Even though he pissed me off at times, there's no doubting his heart, soul and effort. If we had 5 other guys that gave the same effort, and cared the same way, we'd be fighting for the top spot instead of the 8th spot
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject:

Sounds like Clapper was on the money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: