Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)

Just a thought.

If Kobe had LBJ's body but retained his basketball "skills," and LBJ had Kobe's body, but retained his basketball "skills," what would be the result?

I've been a big hater of LBJ, but I respect basketball too much to say LBJ is not an all-time top 10-15 great right now.

But I always wondered if LBJ was say a 6'6" 215 small forward, would he be as great?

I have no doubts that Kobe could transfer his skills quite well to LBJ's body. Kobe has an ideal frame for a shooting guard no doubt, but if he had the keys to LBJ's 6'8 260 pound frame, I wonder about the damage he could inflict.

Anyways, not to diminish LBJ, but no doubt his once-in-a-generation combination of skill and size make him who he is.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject:

Kobe at 6'8" 260 would be greater than LBJ at 6'8" 260

Kobe at 6'6" 200 would be greater than LBJ at 6'6" 215

.... Reality .... LBJ 6'8" 260 is greater than Kobe 6'6" 200

Sum it up... Kobe at 6'8" 260 would be the GOAT
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject:

Kobes athleticism is NOT what held him back. Conversely, LBJs athleticism is NOT what makes him a great player.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
Kobes athleticism is NOT what held him back. Conversely, LBJs athleticism is NOT what makes him a great player.

It's definitely the biggest factor.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:

Not really...a basketball player that is 6'8" 260, built like a tank, fast like a sprinter, with a 40 inch vertical are a dime a dozen.... can you name me another?
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

Not really...a basketball player that is 6'8" 260, built like a tank, fast like a sprinter, with a 40 inch vertical are a dime a dozen.... can you name me another?

Tough to find athletes like that, but of course, LBJ's bball IQ is off the charts too. But I think LBJ's physical makeup plays a bigger role in his success than with Kobe.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject:

No doubt if Kobe kept his skills and had LeBron's body he'd be the GOAT. He'd probably be the best post player in the game. Way too big for guards, too fast for forwards.

But come on guys, we all know LeBron is the basketball lord and savior.

!...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
No doubt if Kobe kept his skills and had LeBron's body he'd be the GOAT. He'd probably be the best post player in the game. Way too big for guards, too fast for forwards.

But come on guys, we all know LeBron is the basketball lord and savior.

Amen.

I mean, come on man!

Only thing that sustains me during non-Lakers deep post season runs is to cheer against the Heat.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject:

LeBron is getting better every year. Right now he's the best in the league. He may stay that way for a long time, even as he gets older and slower because he keeps improving.

If Kobe had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT. Then again, if Nash had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT too. If Chris Paul had LeBron's physical gifts, he'd be the GOAT. If I had LeBron's physical gifts I'd be a professional athlete.

But in reality, none of them have those gifts. Those belong to LeBron. Combined with his skills and work ethic, he might end up being the GOAT.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
LeBron is getting better every year. Right now he's the best in the league. He may stay that way for a long time, even as he gets older and slower because he keeps improving.

If Kobe had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT. Then again, if Nash had LeBron's physical gifts he'd be the GOAT too. If Chris Paul had LeBron's physical gifts, he'd be the GOAT. If I had LeBron's physical gifts I'd be a professional athlete.

But in reality, none of them have those gifts. Those belong to LeBron. Combined with his skills and work ethic, he might end up being the GOAT.

nash would still not defend lolol
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just a thought.

If Kobe had LBJ's body but retained his basketball "skills," and LBJ had Kobe's body, but retained his basketball "skills," what would be the result?

I've been a big hater of LBJ, but I respect basketball too much to say LBJ is not an all-time top 10-15 great right now.

But I always wondered if LBJ was say a 6'6" 215 small forward, would he be as great?

I have no doubts that Kobe could transfer his skills quite well to LBJ's body. Kobe has an ideal frame for a shooting guard no doubt, but if he had the keys to LBJ's 6'8 260 pound frame, I wonder about the damage he could inflict.

Anyways, not to diminish LBJ, but no doubt his once-in-a-generation combination of skill and size make him who he is.

It seems like all you're asking is: "If a basketball player was able to retain all his current skills, quickness, speed etc. and simply become bigger would that be an advantage for him?"

Of course.

If you let Lebron keep all his skills and bulk, etc, and gave him Wilt's height, imagine the damage he'd inflict.

If you let Chris Paul keep his quickness, ball handling and passer ability and gave him Shaq's body, imagine the damage he'd inflict.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Well said.

At the end of the day, sure LBJ won the DNA all-time lottery. However, he's maintained that body and kept it in peak shape. So that has to be a part of his overall skills.

That being said, I openly root for any team that takes down the Heat. Ok, maybe not the Celtics.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject:

We should all thank LeBrons father for gracing us with the gift of watching his son play. Someone call the local crack house.

!...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject:

LeBron would still be an All-Star in prime Kobe's body. It's not like Kobe was a cripple, he was one of the most athletic players in the game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
We should all thank LeBrons father for gracing us with the gift of watching his son play. Someone call the local crack house.

Some damn good DNA though...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Thank the laboratory that produced his testosterone and HGH.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject:

Just a rumor, I heard Greg Oden is LBJ's father.
#Avatar-gate
New Jack
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Kobe at 6'8" 260 would be greater than LBJ at 6'8" 260

Kobe at 6'6" 200 would be greater than LBJ at 6'6" 215

.... Reality .... LBJ 6'8" 260 is greater than Kobe 6'6" 200

Sum it up... Kobe at 6'8" 260 would be the GOAT

Lebron is not 260. He is 240 tops.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject:

just give Kobe Jordan's hands and call it a day.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

you're wrong. They were both genetic experiments by the evil David Stern. Oden was the prototype with glitches that went wrong, then they developed Lebron and got it right.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Thank the laboratory that produced his testosterone and HGH.

maybe this.

dunno.
definitely is the case for wade and westbrook though
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

you're wrong. They were both genetic experiments by the evil David Stern. Oden was the prototype with glitches that went wrong, then they developed Lebron and got it right.

Both were from Ohio too, right?
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject:

Well, throw Jordans hands in the mix... LeBron doesn't need the skill level because he has the athleticism. Kobe needs his skills to be as dominant as he is.
But putting his skills in an even crazier athletic body - hard to not pass out watching....
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and Lebron (Body or Skills?)

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just a thought.

NO disrespect. but this is a silly question. you already know the answer.

its like asking if a young jordan without the crazy post game and turn around (YET)... could have posted up the same crazy numbers he did with the same insane fg%'s vs todays ELITE athletes. the answer is NO.

the same reason if LBJ was a QUOTE UNQUOTE normal sized perimeter player, he would not be nearly as effective. would he be good? YEP. would he be as dominant? NOPE.

Skill is what makes kobe the best that has touched the rock for his position and size.

so of course if you said hey kobe. here goes another 40 pounds, and some more strength and larger hands. keep your touch, keep your skills. now go! kobe would be better then anything you could imagine, ever seen or ever will see, ever again.

the question is will we ever see a LBJ like monster with the desire to be the best there ever was by utilizing skills first and God given talent 2nd? probably not. monsters like LBJ never have to use every trick in the book because...they are monsters. no need for all of that footwork. when you can just shoulder thru a guy. or jump over the guy. or reach over the guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject:

I guess it's like putting up Mayweather (Kobe) vs. Tyson (LBJ)? Ok, probably a bad boxing analogy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: