Ben Wallace Says Hiring Of Agent Doesn't Mean He Wants To Leave Detroit

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Ben Wallace Says Hiring Of Agent Doesn't Mean He Wants To Leave Detroit

"Ben Wallace, who will be a free agent this summer, has hired an agent -- Arn Tellem. Tellem has a reputation of being a tough negotiator, though Wallace said that doesn't mean he expects any complications in hammering out a deal with the Pistons. "Nah, that's not the case at all," Wallace said. "Sometimes you just need somebody else to talk for you and help take your heart and emotions out of things."

"Wallace fired his previous agent, Steve Kaufman, earlier this season, partly because Kaufman wanted to continue getting 4 percent of Wallace's salary. Wallace will pay Tellem an hourly charge for services rendered."

"It's just business," Wallace said. "We sat down and had a meeting and the way he presented himself compared to the other guys I thought was best for me."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060515/SPORTS0102/605150340/1127
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

This is kinda weird hearing that Chi might offer him a max contract because on my NBA LIVE 06 when ben wallace became a free agent the bulls signed him. Very wierd. ANyones elses Live do that?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

Wallace is looking for a MAX contract, nothing more nothing less. That is why he hired Arn. Smart move.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah...I still think the odds that he leaves are pretty minimal. Dumars knows he's the glue on defense and Big Ben seems like the kinda guy who would give up a little cash in order to stay. He's gonna get paid though.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Imagine if he signs with the bobcats just for the money and ends up another Mutombo a.k.a former-DPOY-Center-who-became-journeyman-backup-bigman-after-getting-2-or-3 -buyouts-around-the-league-when-he-should-have-just-stayed-on-his-original-team
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Imagine if he signs with the bobcats just for the money and ends up another Mutombo a.k.a former-DPOY-Center-who-became-journeyman-backup-bigman-after-getting-2-or-3 -buyouts-around-the-league-when-he-should-have-just-stayed-on-his-original-team

thats the vision i currently have on ben wallace, i think your getting played when u give him a max contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: