Kobe is still the best player in the NBA
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Just wait until Lebron loses these finals. THEN go on a rampage on those Heat fans.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with being biased.
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.
lakeshow2422
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Just the fact that Kobe is in the discussion at age 34 with Lebron at age 28 should tell you something
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nothing wrong with being biased.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:
Cmon bro lets be real here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, even if you don't like him.

Really? Best at what? Stat stuffing? I will give him that. Lebron rebounds and passes the ball because it comes easy to him. Being a killer isn't. Kobe on the other hand is a killer and has been from day one. I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

I'd take old Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Really bro?
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I just spent two hours arguing with a bunch of Heat fans telling me that Lebron is the best player in the NBA and Kobe isn't even in the top 5 anymore.

The argument is that Kobe doesn't put up the numbers or have the efficiency of Lebron. To me it doesn't even matter. Until a Lebron begins to spit venom and has the killer mentality that Kobe still has, Kobe will continue being the best until retires.

I think people underestimate the greatness of Kobe. It isn't easy being a killer. It may look easy, but it's damn hard.

It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow2422 wrote:
Just the fact that Kobe is in the discussion at age 34 with Lebron at age 28 should tell you something

You mean how people been compare him to Michael Jordan for the last 15 years or so probably mean something? And for Michael, considered to be the greatest ever, to pick Kobe over Lebron also mean something?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

Really bro?

Yeah bro. It's really simple...

Lebron is in his 10th yr and still doesn't have a patent shot or signature move that gets him a bucket. What's hard to understand? Then on top of that, Lebron still isn't a killer.

The Heat give Lebron so many opportunities to score that is ridiculous. The floor is spaced to the max at all times, yet Lebron still cannot become a killer. Give Kobe the shooter Lebron has and it's a nightmare for the entire NBA.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

Really bro?

Lebron is in his 10th yr and still doesn't have a patent shot or signature move that gets him a bucket. What's hard to understand? Then on top of that, Lebron still isn't a killer.

The Heat give Lebron so many opportunities to score that is ridiculous. The floor is spaced to the max at all times, yet Lebron still cannot become a killer. Give Kobe the shooter Lebron has and it's a nightmare for the entire NBA.

I think Kobe's 5 rings came from him being in a proper position to succeed. Lebron? 1 out of 3. Not impressed with Lebron.

Moreover, how can people say something vague like "Lebron makes his teammates better" which is totally intangible and then deny Kobe's "killer mentality/instinct" for being vague? Hypocrisy much?

matrixskillz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

It's really hard assessing LJ because he is so efficient, however if the Heat cannot beat the Spurs then LJ Legacy will be damaged, because he would still have just one championship. LJ owes Kobe in 2008 for getting him the Olympic Gold, he showed LJ and the rest of the US players what it takes to win, Kobe showed the team the killer instinct in person.

I understand what you are saying but here is the truth...

Jordan is 6 out of 6 in NBA Finals - 100%

Shaq is 4 out of 5 in the NBA Final - 80%

Kobe is 5 out of 7 in NBA Finals - 71%

Bird is 3 out of 5 in the NBA Finals - 60%

Magic Johnson is 5 out of 9 in NBA Finals - 55%

Lebron is 1 out of 3 in NBA Finals - 33%
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

/Case closed.
Peanutz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Peanutz wrote:

Really bro?

That's your problem you are comparing Lebron to Kobe. Lebron is more like Magic Johnson was Magic considered a killer? No!

Lebron/Kobe are 2 different players, I love how you say Lebron doesn't have a signature move to get him a bucket. Have you ever watch Lebron play? He has a lot of moves that get him a bucket did you see him in the post vs Indiana dude scored at will.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

SilverBullet wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

/Case closed.

x out of x finals is irrelevant. Kobe would never have chocked like Lebron did in 2011.

/case closed

matrixskillz wrote:
JL
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has all the tools, just not the mentality.
OOO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I know this is LAKERSground but come on people. Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA. Kobe is still top 3 imo.

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject:

What does being a killer even mean? People speak in generalities a bit too much. Was Magic less of a killer than Jordan because he would get 19 and 12 assists instead of scoring 32 points like MJ? If you speak vaguely enough you can make your point about anything because your point is undefined.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.
OOO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'm confused, what did you not understand about my post to respond the way you did? LJ being efficient has nothing to do with titles, it about his production which is damm good. His production/efficienty does not match winning when it matters most. That's why I said if he does not win this year it really hurts his legacy.

People post stupid things when they're blinded by homerism. Lebron is the best player in the league whether you like it or not. Apparently reading comprehension is not that dude strongest suit so he decides to post NBA finals win record for some apparent reason.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Stop being a homer.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject:

You spent two hours arguing this? With Heat fans?

Dang, I thought I was the master of time wasting.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is still the best player in the NBA

Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Voices wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

No, don't get it wrong. I understood what you were saying. I was just speaking to the bolded part of your statement. You said it's really hard to assess Lebron due to his efficiency.

My point was that his efficiency really doesn't matter because he has a 33% winning percentage in NBA Finals and on the way to being 25% with his only ring being in a strike shortened season. Other that that, I agreed with you.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's 30 points on 60% shooting for 6 straight games makes him the greatest of all time guys.

Wait, bernard king did that for 42 straight games?

Who?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19
Jump to: