All-Time League 2013 General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
BTW, should we all remind GT the players that have split seasons on our roster? I'm just curious how automated or error proof this is. Wondering if GT has to manually look up each player for each team. You can easily pick the wrong year.

I have to look it up manually.

You might want to list each player with a year, just so you have it for reference.

That'll take some time, but I'll do that eventually. I have 22 different logins for WIS, so each home team will be pre-loaded, reducing the possibility of error and saving time in the long run.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Games start tomorrow at 9am PST. Let me know any questions you might have before then.

Amp/Sixth/Val....can any of you guys help with the sims? I'll need at least one person to sim my games.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject:

do we have to set up a starting lineup? Or player rotations? Or does the simulator do that for us?
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Games start tomorrow at 9am PST. Let me know any questions you might have before then.

Amp/Sixth/Val....can any of you guys help with the sims? I'll need at least one person to sim my games.

Sure man. I may have issues the next couple weeks being online as I am moving into a new house, but between me and Sixth I imagine we can get that done for you.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I can do some sims, at least a couple a day, no problem.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Is anyone planning on keeping a stats spreadsheet? Saved gamelogs?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject:

composite wrote:
do we have to set up a starting lineup? Or player rotations? Or does the simulator do that for us?

Yes. Please post your rotation/starting lineup in the pinned thread for rotations.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Amp/Sixth. I will be the person that simulates the vast majority of the games, so no pressure or obligation. All I really need is someone to do my games. Anything after that is gravy.

I'll keep a stats spreadsheet. The Game Logs only save for 60 days, IIRC, but I will include the link to each game in the first post.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Feel free to assign me a couple a day if it helps you. I've got time for at least 2 a day.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I have a question that I hope someone could answer. I was running some sims today and had Elton Brand switch onto a team's SF when Marion guarded their PF. Brand's effectiveness at SF is 97%. However, when I look at the play by play, there's a 100% next to where he is on the defensive table. Does that that indicate?

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
I have a question that I hope someone could answer. I was running some sims today and had Elton Brand switch onto a team's SF when Marion guarded their PF. Brand's effectiveness at SF is 97%. However, when I look at the play by play, there's a 100% next to where he is on the defensive table. Does that that indicate?

You''l note that percentage across the board. I believe it just means the percentage of time they played that position that quarter.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

You''l note that percentage across the board. I believe it just means the percentage of time they played that position that quarter.

I thought it might be that, though it would have to indicate what percentage they play that position with those particular lineups (as it still shows Brand at 100% across the board even when he defends the SF sometimes and the PF later in the quarter, after a sub). Just seems like a pretty useless stat if that is the case...

Just looked again and the same happens with Robinson. He defends the opposing center the vast majority of the time, but when he switches to the opposing 4, he still shows up at 100%.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Thanks Amp/Sixth. I will be the person that simulates the vast majority of the games, so no pressure or obligation. All I really need is someone to do my games. Anything after that is gravy.

I'll keep a stats spreadsheet. The Game Logs only save for 60 days, IIRC, but I will include the link to each game in the first post.

I've got your roster and minutes saved onto my account.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
24 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

I thought it might be that, though it would have to indicate what percentage they play that position with those particular lineups (as it still shows Brand at 100% across the board even when he defends the SF sometimes and the PF later in the quarter, after a sub). Just seems like a pretty useless stat if that is the case...

Just looked again and the same happens with Robinson. He defends the opposing center the vast majority of the time, but when he switches to the opposing 4, he still shows up at 100%.

If you scroll down the play by play, they show you that table every time a sub comes in, and it is always 100% for everybody, offense and defense. I think it means very little.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Just simmed a 155-151 triple overtime game. But more importantly, it featured this play:

Quote:
Mark Price jams the ball on a nice dish from John Havlicek.

I believe that would be Mark Price's first career dunk!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject:

FYI, it appears assists have no proactive effect on the game. The sim determines via usage which player ultimately has the possession, and whether they shoot, get fouled or turn the ball over. If they shoot and make it, then an algorithm decides whether it was assisted or not, and if so, by whom, based on assist %. Basically, assists are just window dressing, backfilled to make the stat sheet look "right".
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
FYI, it appears assists have no proactive effect on the game. The sim determines via usage which player ultimately has the possession, and whether they shoot, get fouled or turn the ball over. If they shoot and make it, then an algorithm decides whether it was assisted or not, and if so, by whom, based on assist %. Basically, assists are just window dressing, backfilled to make the stat sheet look "right".

I'm very happy if this is the case.

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Just realized I had been simming with the wrong Adrian Dantley. The SimLeague combines player seasons, while the stand-alone, game-by-game SIM does not. Is there a way to get the Adrian Dantley I actually wanted on my team?

Not the end of the world if I can't, but I'd have to adjust a bit going from a player with a usage of 21 to a player with a usage of 30...

1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject:

the 100% you see during game play is to show fatigue but since we are doing stand alone games it has no bearing.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Mich threw me a curveball playing Kenny instead of Eddie, but I'm happy with how my sims have been thus far. This simulator really, really loves David Robinson (even against other all timers). Only question is whether I am simming with the right Adrian Dantley...

Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
Mich threw me a curveball playing Kenny instead of Eddie, but I'm happy with how my sims have been thus far. This simulator really, really loves David Robinson (even against other all timers). Only question is whether I am simming with the right Adrian Dantley...

I thought I could get away with playing with Smith since your outside guys are low usage players. And yes this sim loves it self some D. Rob.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

I thought I could get away with playing with Smith since your outside guys are low usage players. And yes this sim loves it self some D. Rob.

That's weird, because Tony Parker has been simming consistently better than I would have expected. Was WIS by chance created by a Spur fan?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I've played around with different teams. Jeffs' team gives me some problems - D. Rob outperforms Kareem most of the time. Makes no sense, but oh well.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

And to think I raised so many eyebrows with that pick...

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
And to think I raised so many eyebrows with that pick...

All of those eyebrows were justified! He should not be out-performing Kareem
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: