CAVS V.S. PISTONS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayInLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Bron defeating the perennial champs? ESPN will be slobbering all over Brons nutz next season. We wont hear the end of it.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Laker Lurker wrote:
Exick wrote:
We are all witnesses...to the Pistons getting jobbed by the refs.

Just another guy who's desperately hoping that James is just hype and the reason Cavs won are the refs.

I couldn't care less about Lebron James, but he certainly isn't hype. That doesn't mean the refs were good. There were blown calls all over the 4th quarter. The crap foul on Rasheed that led to the technical. The bogus offensive foul on Billups when Varejao stepped in front of him after he got rid of the ball. The non-call when Lebron knocked someone down going for an offensive board that led to the technical on Flip Saunders.

Dont buy it ..... what about the other 3 quarters? I guess the refs kept the Cavs in that game as well.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

The Cleveland crowd was off the hook in Game 4, they were by far the loudest crowd in any NBA city this spring and completely rattled the Pistons into a poor shooting 2nd half.

They will need to be just as loud and crazy or even more so to get the win tonight.

Look for the noise level to be about twice that of places like Phoenix and San Antonio where the fans are soft.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Man, Cleveland is already up 11-4 ... if they pull this off, that mushroom cloudin the the Northeast direction will defintely be Detroit. The police force will be busy tonight if that happens.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is sensational. There are a lot of haters against any great player, the reality is this guy is absolutely terrific, he is beyond good for any age....much less for a 21 year old.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

The guy is just a bundle of energy. It's like he can jump out of the building on every play.
BraveHeartII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Big Ben looked like an athletic stiff compared to LJ
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be fantastic when Bron is in the golden armor in a couple years
LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I am a witness to about 4-5 LBJ travels that are never called.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LeBron is sensational. There are a lot of haters against any great player, the reality is this guy is absolutely terrific, he is beyond good for any age....much less for a 21 year old.

Be careful when you say that... you dont wanna be labled as on LeBrons nuts :roll: for just giving him the credit he obviously deserves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

BALL DONT LIE actually showed up today and played big .....
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The Wallace Boys = 4-13 from the Free Throw Line ....... This game shouldnt even be this close.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

rasheed wallace almost lost it for them missing both of those ft's at the end...damn he must be shaken up after his gurantee failed.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Ballgame .... you can't get no closer than that. Pistons outscore the Cavs by one point in quarters 2 and 4 and tie them in 1 and 3.

Game 7 in the Palace ..... I think Larry Hughes will play in this game.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Ballgame .... you can't get no closer than that. Pistons outscore the Cavs by one point in quarters 2 and 4 and tie them in 1 and 3.

Game 7 in the Palace ..... I think Larry Hughes will play in this game.

Then Cavs'll lose.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, they played better without him. If he's jacking shots up and not creating problems on defense, he's a liabilty. They even had that great late season run without him after they acquired Ronald Murray.

These playoffs are showing how difficult it is for a lower seed to close out a higher seed.
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject:

watching, i thought this was one of the better officiated games in the playoffs. was pretty hotly contested as well. good game to watch
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

drewdizown8 wrote:
watching, i thought this was one of the better officiated games in the playoffs. was pretty hotly contested as well. good game to watch

Any player taking 18 FT's raises eyebrows.
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:

so does a team who got severely outscored in points in the paint shooting more ft's (pistons with 28-24 edge) ..whats your point..

the pistons earned the fouls they got by their superior guard play and hussle on the boards, and lebron earned his trips to the line by attacking the rim . Honestly there weren't many questionalbe trips to the line for bron in this game (although he got away with a few travels as always). His outside game was very poor to say the least and he attacked the cup, simple as that

dont know what game you were watching

Last edited by drewdizown8 on Fri May 19, 2006 8:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:

I came into today just hoping that either Detroit, San Antonio or both would lose. Now I am just praying Dallas can make one of those things happen.

I want to see some new blood in the Finals.

Cleveland vs the Clippers or Dallas would be perfect.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

drewdizown8 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:

so does a team who got severely outscored in points in the paint shooting more ft's (pistons with 28-24 edge) ..whats your point..

the pistons earned the fouls they got by their superior guard play and hussle on the boards, and lebron earned his trips to the line by attacking the rim . Honestly there weren't many questionalbe trips to the line for bron in this game. His outside game was very poor to say the least and he attacked the cup, simple as tha

The same Lebron James games I've been watching. 4 steps and no call and china doll fouls sending him to the line....oh and a rash of turnovers.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Great talent, agreed. But YOU of all people have to admit that the refs see things through Bron-colored glasses. He gets away with murder out there, especially with travelling and never being whistled for offensive calls.

It really is disturbing to watch. I agree with Arenas ... In a close game, down to the wire in the fourth, you have to play head-and-shoulders better than the Cavs or else I have a sneaking suspicion the Cavs will find a way to eek it out with an assist from the zebras, e.g., several games in the Washington series.

SGH
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
drewdizown8 wrote:

the pistons earned the fouls they got by their superior guard play and hussle on the boards, and lebron earned his trips to the line by attacking the rim . Honestly there weren't many questionalbe trips to the line for bron in this game. His outside game was very poor to say the least and he attacked the cup, simple as tha

The same Lebron James games I've been watching. 4 steps and no call and china doll fouls sending him to the line....oh and a rash of turnovers.

i I agree with you about the walks, they should call those

im not talking about the turnovers (yes he made 4 in the 4th quarter)

i was talking about the officiating, and in no way you could say that for the game it was slanted in the cavs favor. there were no china doll fouls against bron tonight or very few imo. Ben made him pay when he drove the lane. They made him earn it at the line, which is what you should do in the playoffs

name a perfectly officiated game. obviously there is none, my point was it was a lot better than the mavs-spurs series or lakers - suns game 5. No one is bringing it up, except for you trying to make a point that bron got too many trips to the foul line when he was continually attacking the rim the entire game (which could have been a downfall for the cavs , as he was too dominant with the ball, no outside shooting to help space the floor, the offense became predictable etc)

Its cool though man, we can agree to disagree. In the end , I think we both want to see the Pistons take the series.

And if the game is called fairly or closed to what it was called tonight, the Pistons should take it , especially on their home court

Last edited by drewdizown8 on Fri May 19, 2006 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Great talent, agreed. But YOU of all people have to admit that the refs see things through Bron-colored glasses. He gets away with murder out there, especially with travelling and never being whistled for offensive calls.

It really is disturbing to watch. I agree with Arenas ... In a close game, down to the wire in the fourth, you have to play head-and-shoulders better than the Cavs or else I have a sneaking suspicion the Cavs will find a way to eek it out with an assist from the zebras, e.g., several games in the Washington series.

SGH

When you compare the fact that LeBron never gets offensive foul calls and he is charging into the lane over and over again all game long.

Meanwhile, Kobe is no longer allowed to catch the ball in the post and turn to the basket with any contact. Any contact at all on the pivot for Kobe and it is called an offensive foul.

Clearly the officiating is absurd. The one to watch this post season is Joe Forte. He is the key fixer coming in under the radar who pulled out the critical Game 5 for San Antonio and the critical Game 6 for Detroit on completely one sided, ridiculous calls all game long.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

SGH

When you compare the fact that LeBron never gets offensive foul calls and he is charging into the lane over and over again all game long.

Meanwhile, Kobe is no longer allowed to catch the ball in the post and turn to the basket with any contact. Any contact at all on the pivot for Kobe and it is called an offensive foul.

Clearly the officiating is absurd. The one to watch this post season is Joe Forte. He is the key fixer coming in under the radar who pulled out the critical Game 5 for San Antonio and the critical Game 6 for Detroit on completely one sided, ridiculous calls all game long.

Agreed about Joe Forte. He and Kan Mauer are always good for several baffling calls each game. Mauer, you will recall, looks like a low-level wiseguy seeking to make his bones, and singlehandedly almost handed Minny a play-off series against the Lakers a couple of years ago. One game in that Minny series (preceding the Detroit finals) was so mindbogglingly one-sided that there was no question in mind that someone had gotten to Kenny. It was that blatant.

Aw, the play-offs. Gotta love those zebras.

Agreed about Kobe. In fact, he really does play with a -3 foul handicap each game. They ref him almost like one would ref a hulking three-hundred pounder.

SGH
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: