Bron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

I like LBJ, but I'm hoping he loses. I hate it, and I mean HATE, the way the Media (especially BSPN) is all over his dick. Saying he's better than Kobe pisses me off, but some already say he's better than Jordan, and that really, really pisses me off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

to be fair...lebron has been playing AMAZING these playoffs. keep in mind how old he is. lets not judge lebron for the media's love affair with him. he's a great player and he's got me rooting for the cavs over every other team still alive in the playoffs now.

Kobe won a title at 21. Magic at what 19?

so what dude? does lebron have to be the best of all time in order to be great? kobe didn't have to lead his team at his age and neither did magic. i'm not saying lebron is better than either of those guys b/c he's not (magic imo is GOAT). putting unfair expectations on lebron is the same ignorant bullcrap that the media puts on kobe. kobe's not better than jordan so he sucks, right?

i think lebron is an enormous talent and anyone who talks mess on him is jealous and/or doesn't watch basketball.

No, but he should win more than 1 series in his ENTIRE CAREER before we all annoit him great...and what should the expectations be? The guy has Chosen 1 tatooed on his back. He plays with two other all stars in a pathetic East, the media voted him ahead of Kobe for MVP, the expectations should be a title, shouldn't they?

i assume by two all stars you are referring to big Z and larry hughes. they are playing w/out huges right now. taking the detroit pistons to 7 games at the age of 21 makes him great. you can disagree with that but leading a team at that age against the best team in the leauge is an accomplishment. you are buying into the media hype that he is already the best player in the leauge and you thus have incredibly high expectations. he's not the best player in the L...but he may be the best 21 year old ever. he got more MVP votes than kobe b/c he was a legit candidate and the media hates kobe. it is unfair to compare lebron to kobe just as it is unfair to compare kobe to jordan. again..you can like kobe and lebron at the same time and it doesn't take anything away from either player.

He's already not the best 21 year old ever. Magic was better, Kobe was better, they won titles. They overcame the scrutiny and the pressure and won titles. You're thrilled that a team with 3 all-stars, including the #2 MVP candidate won 6 games in a 2nd round series? Detroit is an awfully far distance from the best team in the league. Whoever gets to the Finals will get waxed by Dallas or San Antonio. Put the hype stick down, you've been ESPNised.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

you are so cool cuz you're not "ESPNised" dude. you just go ahead and never like a player that the media likes. that way you'll be super cool. i bet you are the kind of guy who only listens to underground music nobody has ever heard of. congrats on not picking up the "hype stick"...you've now officially stifled any chance of enjoying a player for his merits instead of how he is perceived publicly.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
da ocho wrote:
7 turnovers. ouch.

to be fair...lebron has been playing AMAZING these playoffs. keep in mind how old he is. lets not judge lebron for the media's love affair with him. he's a great player and he's got me rooting for the cavs over every other team still alive in the playoffs now.

Kobe won a title at 21. Magic at what 19?

Kobe won with Shaquille, Horry, Fox, Fisher, Rice, etc ... he hadda great cast around him

Magic won with Kareem, Silk, Nixon, Coop and a great cast around him as well.

You damn sure cant compare Marshall, Z, Flip et al to those players .....

And they damn sure aren't winning a ring, either. So what's the point?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Point is Kobe and Magic had Hall of Fame players around them when they won their first ring and they weren't the leaders of their teams. Of course, they both made tremendous contributions. Magic's game 6 performance without Kareem and in Philly was legendary and Kobe's Game 4 performance when Shaquille fouled out was clutch, especially on a twisted ankle.

But Kareem was the leader of that 80s squad and Shaquille was the leader of that 2000 squad. Sure they won rings at an early age ... so did Darko.

Name a Hall of Fame player around LeBron at this point.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

What is this...the "I never played with HOFers" argument? Okay Paul Pierce! Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson.

The only HOF players right now: O'Neal, Duncan, Bryant, Garnett, Kidd, Payton, Iverson, and maybe Webber or McGrady.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

What is this...the "I never played with HOFers" argument? Okay Paul Pierce! Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson.

The only HOF players right now: O'Neal, Duncan, Bryant, Garnett, Kidd, Payton, Iverson, and maybe Webber or McGrady.

I'm just sayin at age 21. The difference between the players Magic, Kobe and LeBron had around them at that age.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jminges wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I'm just sayin at age 21. The difference between the players Magic, Kobe and LeBron had around them at that age.

Perhaps, for your own sake, we should wait to see if King James gets out of the 2nd round before you bow?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jminges wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Perhaps, for your own sake, we should wait to see if King James gets out of the 2nd round before you bow?

no ones bowing to LeBron .... and I thought Detroit shoulda had this series done in atleast 5.
LALAKE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

DETROIIIIIIIT BASKETBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Doughboy, how are you able to type all that with both hands holding onto LBJ's nuts as you swing back and forth?

Are you really insinuating that the Lakers were gifted their 2002 championship because of fouls in Game 6 against the Queens? Are you really not knowledgeable enough about the Lakers through their three title runs with Shaq and Kobe to know that the #1 option was decided by whom they were playing? Who were the toughest opponents the Lakers faced through those three titles? For my money it was the Queens and the Spurs, and against both of those teams it was Kobe and not Shaquille who was the reason the Lakers won. Sure, Shaq was the best player against the scrub teams from the Eastern Conference that the Lakers always bulldozed in the Finals because none of those teams had any big men, so Shaq always won the Finals MVP, but if not for Kobe, the Lakers wouldn't have made it past Sacramento and San Antonio in those title runs. Shaq and Kobe were equally responsible for those titles, and any real Laker fan can tell you it wasn't more Shaq than Kobe.

When Kobe was 21 he was leading the Lakers to the title, whether he was making game winning shots over J-Kidd and Phoenix, or throwing the dagger lob to Shaq against Portland, or whether it was hitting 4 shots in overtime of Game 4 in the Finals with Shaq on the bench having fouled out. LeBron had a pretty good run in the playoffs this year, but he'll be fishing for the last two rounds. And whether you like it or not, he went out in the exact same fashion as Kobe did in round one. LeBron's a great player, just as Kobe is, but you can take a break from worshipping him for the summer cause he won't play another NBA game till Halloween.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Doughboy, how are you able to type all that with both hands holding onto LBJ's nuts as you swing back and forth?

Classic line .... makes you ignorant. I guess you can't give props to a player these days unless he wears purple and gold.

Are you really insinuating that the Lakers were gifted their 2002 championship because of fouls in Game 6 against the Queens?

Nope, not saying that at all. The Lakers earned that series win, especially winning twice in Arco and shoulda won three. Just pointed out fact. Odom stated that the NBA is basically in LeBron's pocket. I just stated that the same could be said about the Lakers. 27 freethrows in one quarter is laughable. You can be a Lakers' fan and think something is wrong with that picture. Oh wait, I guess you can't :roll:

Are you really not knowledgeable enough about the Lakers through their three title runs with Shaq and Kobe to know that the #1 option was decided by whom they were playing? Who were the toughest opponents the Lakers faced through those three titles? For my money it was the Queens and the Spurs, and against both of those teams it was Kobe and not Shaquille who was the reason the Lakers won.

I concur with Kobe was the determining factor versus Western Conference squads during the title runs. The 92 points in back to back road games versus the Kings (game 4) and Spurs (game 1) was downright vomit. I'm not saying he didn't lead the Lakers to key victories. That would be stupid. I'm just saying Magic's help in the early 80s, Kobe's help in the 2000s and LeBron's help now, you just can't compare.

And whether you like it or not, he went out in the exact same fashion as Kobe did in round one. LeBron's a great player, just as Kobe is, but you can take a break from worshipping him for the summer cause he won't play another NBA game till Halloween.

lol @ worshipping. Trust me, the only worshipping done from my angle is the man upstairs and if it means me getting rid of my love for the Lakers to get into Heaven, then peace out Lakeshow.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
(John 14:1-4)

No one worships LeBron on this end.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:

Are you really insinuating that the Lakers were gifted their 2002 championship because of fouls in Game 6 against the Queens? Are you really not knowledgeable enough about the Lakers through their three title runs with Shaq and Kobe to know that the #1 option was decided by whom they were playing? Who were the toughest opponents the Lakers faced through those three titles? For my money it was the Queens and the Spurs, and against both of those teams it was Kobe and not Shaquille who was the reason the Lakers won. Sure, Shaq was the best player against the scrub teams from the Eastern Conference that the Lakers always bulldozed in the Finals because none of those teams had any big men, so Shaq always won the Finals MVP, but if not for Kobe, the Lakers wouldn't have made it past Sacramento and San Antonio in those title runs. Shaq and Kobe were equally responsible for those titles, and any real Laker fan can tell you it wasn't more Shaq than Kobe.

When Kobe was 21 he was leading the Lakers to the title, whether he was making game winning shots over J-Kidd and Phoenix, or throwing the dagger lob to Shaq against Portland, or whether it was hitting 4 shots in overtime of Game 4 in the Finals with Shaq on the bench having fouled out. LeBron had a pretty good run in the playoffs this year, but he'll be fishing for the last two rounds. And whether you like it or not, he went out in the exact same fashion as Kobe did in round one. LeBron's a great player, just as Kobe is, but you can take a break from worshipping him for the summer cause he won't play another NBA game till Halloween.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: