Lebron scores 5 points in 2nd half & does not get BASHED...(WOW)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject:

lakerfan4life wrote:
Ahh yes the logic of passing to your teamates untill they score worked out great for us didnt it?

Considering the fact that the Bryantaires only played respectable defense when they were involved in the offense, yes, it was a good plan. That gave them a shot at winning, no matter how small that shot actually was. Kobe couldn't outscore the Suns as shown in the first half of that game, so it was basically a small shot versus no shot.

The reasoning for their strategy has been mentioned and discussed time and time again by Phil, Kobe, and here, but I suppose it's too much to ask for you to actually pay attention to that.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

its pointless to try and compare what kobe and LBJ did. Who gives a rats ass!

Dont be a bunch of sour pusses, and stop complaining aboutt how people dont ride kobes sack like youd like them to. Focus on what this team has accomplished and the moves that might be made to improve us even further.

I swear, that every other thread in this place, has got to turn into a whine fest about kobe this and kobe that. Cmon, lets get back to rational discussions about things of importance.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

turbulent wrote:
its pointless to try and compare what kobe and LBJ did. Who gives a rats ass!

Dont be a bunch of sour pusses, and stop complaining aboutt how people dont ride kobes sack like youd like them to. Focus on what this team has accomplished and the moves that might be made to improve us even further.

I swear, that every other thread in this place, has got to turn into a whine fest about kobe this and kobe that. Cmon, lets get back to rational discussions about things of importance.

Trude dat
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
jminges wrote:
lakerfan4life wrote:
YEa he said scoring doesnt hurt the Suns but um 3 shots and 3 points doesnt help the Lakers does it? its a little too few for me

You're right man, if Kobe tried to score on Phoenix, got 23+ in the quarter, we would've won without playing defense. :roll:

We might have but what we DO know is that kobe scored 3 pts and took 3 shots and we LOST. Not blaming it on Kobe but those are the facts

So, let me get this straight: if Kobe had scored more, the Bryantaires would have miraculously played better defense, despite the fact that it was never that way throughout the season. Is that correct? If so, I can't argue with that brilliant logic.

On a related note, I feel intimidated knowing that we have Mensa members on this board.

Of course. Kobe's teammates are much better than LeBron & Steve's, they can hit open shots if you pass it to them, obviously if you look at Kobe's assist amount in Game 7, they can step up. Kobe stuck to the gameplan, and Pippen didn't. Both were crucified, Kobe was crucified in a loss, Pippen was crucified in a win. Sorry to make that comparison... but when you don't have much to work with, even a HOFer can't do much. No one has ever won with CRAP for teammates.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

woa woa woa, so you kick and pass to ur teamates lets say 4-5 strati times and they miss each time. Youre telling me ur gonna keep passing the effing ball, no youu try to do your thing and in the process get them hyped up and ready to go
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
There's a big difference. LeBron took 9 shots, Kobe took 3. LeBron played one of the top defensive teams in the NBA, Kobe played the Suns.

LeBron didn't score but at least he was TRYING to. Kobe totally took himself out of the offense and looked like he didn't want to be out there.

I tell you what the big difference is, the Cavs were still in the game, only down by 10 to start the 4th. The Lakers were done half way thru the 3rd, it was a blow out at that point. The same people who (bleep) about Kobe only taking 3 shots would start criticizing about him just trying to pad his stats and keep jacking up shots when the game's been decided.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: