spurs/mavs game 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: spurs/mavs game 7

anyone watching? dallas up by 14 w/8 min left in the 2nd

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Spurs getting a pounding.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Dallas is up by 14 despite San Antonio shooting 53% and Duncan getting to the line 11 times. That bodes well for them.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

obviously the mavs aren't having any offensive problems...but they need to play some defense. this toasted marshmallow defense isn't going to win them the game.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Ugh. Ginobli kicked his foot out on a three and then flopped to draw the foul. I can't believe refs are still falling for that cheap ass move.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

The run was bound to happen Spurs down 4.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

keith van horn three 3s!

smokestack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

nowitzki is craZy
b_b_belmont
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Ginobili hits a 3 and SA leads with 37 seconds remaining. Timeout Dallas...
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

BWHAHAHAHAHA!! I thought those damn Spurs would never go down.. take that flopper Manu!!
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

and for the THIRD time the spurs have FAILED to defend their championship. I love it!!!!

thedagger24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

Watermelon mouth almost cost his team a likely championship by not playing Diop until late in the 4th quarter. Damp's and KVH's foul outs were a blessing in disguise.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject:

thedagger24 wrote:
Watermelon mouth almost cost his team a likely championship by not playing Diop until late in the 4th quarter. Damp's and KVH's foul outs were a blessing in disguise.

What the hell????

Hooray Mitch!!!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject:

Will this loss be enough to make the Spurs* disassemble? (Horry was non-existant and is showing his age, Finley/Van Exel are old, they didn't use Rasho or Muhammed, etc. etc.) They were up by 3 with 20+ seconds to go at home and they lost in overtime Dirk usually would go for a game tying 3 pointer, but instead went to the hole and made an old fashioned 3pt play. Classic.

I am now confident that the Mavs could beat the Heat or Pisstons in the Finals. Although with the talent and depth they have, the Western Conference could be in trouble...
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Horry was non-existant and is showing his age

Blasphemy! I say that had Manu passed to Rob instead of his brainless attempt (not to speak of that foul for Dirk's 3 point-play), the Spurs would be in WCF. Rob would have knocked that one down. The Spurs had three similar situations in this series and not even once did they pass to him. If they didn't want to advance, then I understand, else I don't.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Blasphemy! I say that had Manu passed to Rob instead of his brainless attempt (not to speak of that foul for Dirk's 3 point-play), the Spurs would be in WCF. Rob would have knocked that one down. The Spurs had three similar situations in this series and not even once did they pass to him. If they didn't want to advance, then I understand, else I don't.

Whoa there Kemo - saabi! First you say you love "Timmy" and now this? Let's see:

Game 7: 2 pts
Game 6: 6 pts
Game 5: Goose Egg
Game 4: 2 pts
Game 3: 2 pts (as a starter)
Game 2: 2 pts (as a starter)
Game 1: 5 pts (as a starter)

No I don't expect him to put up 20/10 -- that's not his game otherwise he would have been an all star. He is averaging 2.7 ppg. I loved his clutchness when he was a Laker, but now he is not here anymore. I am just stating the facts: Robert is done. I won't bash him because he did not diss the Lakers, but he is not the same anymore.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
CheetahMan wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Whoa there Kemo - saabi! First you say you love "Timmy" and now this? Let's see:

Game 7: 2 pts
Game 6: 6 pts
Game 5: Goose Egg
Game 4: 2 pts
Game 3: 2 pts (as a starter)
Game 2: 2 pts (as a starter)
Game 1: 5 pts (as a starter)

No I don't expect him to put up 20/10 -- that's not his game otherwise he would have been an all star. He is averaging 2.7 ppg. I loved his clutchness when he was a Laker, but now he is not here anymore. I am just stating the facts: Robert is done. I won't bash him because he did not diss the Lakers, but he is not the same anymore.

You can add my man Nick Van Exel to the done list also.

I really thought he would come up huge for the *purs at some point in the playoffs, but he essentially did nothing and looked slow and old.

Man, I remember when he was a spry rookie in Los Angeles. And that was AFTER following the whole Showtime team avidly for 10 years. I am getting old!
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Whoa there Kemo - saabi! First you say you love "Timmy" and now this?

I do love Timmy as a player.

Texas_Pete wrote:

On a serious note you're kind of stating the obvious. Horry for sure isn't the same Horry he used to be. My standpoint on this case remains as an extremely biased one. In my eyes, he always will be the same guy who shot 7-of-7 from 3pt-range against Portland, sunk the Queens' ship, sank buzzerbeaters, made countless clutch-playes and lifted three trophies in LA. He's the same guy that made me cry out of joy back then and does it even still (joy, nostalgy, what ever). In my heart there's a picture of Rob taking The Shot over CWebb in Game 4, and there it shall stay till I die.

Still I have to say this. Horry would have made that shot if Manu had passed to him. He wouldn't have had any other option. It'd have gone in. It doesn't matter whether Rob would have shot 0-11 till that point, that mofo would have made it.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:

CheetahMan wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Whoa there Kemo - saabi! First you say you love "Timmy" and now this?

I do love Timmy as a player.

Texas_Pete wrote:

On a serious note you're kind of stating the obvious. Horry for sure isn't the same Horry he used to be. My standpoint on this case remains as an extremely biased one. In my eyes, he always will be the same guy who shot 7-of-7 from 3pt-range against Portland, sunk the Queens' ship, sank buzzerbeaters, made countless clutch-playes and lifted three trophies in LA. He's the same guy that made me cry out of joy back then and does it even still (joy, nostalgy, what ever). In my heart there's a picture of Rob taking The Shot over CWebb in Game 4, and there it shall stay till I die.

Still I have to say this. Horry would have made that shot if Manu had passed to him. He wouldn't have had any other option. It'd have gone in. It doesn't matter whether Rob would have shot 0-11 till that point, that mofo would have made it.

Fair enough. I actually wouldn't mind Horry back in LA if the price is right. He could be invaluable in the development of our young bigs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: