A rule change I would like to see

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: A rule change I would like to see

Have technical fouls count as 3 personal fouls. Flagrant 1 fouls also get 3 personals. This either makes a player sit for an extended time or fouls him out much sooner. Flagrant 2 fouls should still get the ejection, and 3 fouls to start the game when you are eligible again. ( so you would start the next game with 3 fouls) Teams that commit lots of technical/flagrant fouls lose players minutes and lose some additional games. The players eventually adjust, and we have fewer flagrant or intentional fouls.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Crap, I have several rule changes:

1. HAndcheck the perimeter already. Teams can't keep spacing honest and too many tick tack fouls. It's ridiculous.

2. No more bloody illegal screens. Player moves on screen? Foul. None of the stick out the leg crap.

3. No more illiegal defense. The refs still can't really call the Defensive 3 second violation correctly, and there aren't that many times that use a sagging defender in the paint as an effective defense.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: A rule change I would like to see

waterman40 wrote:
Have technical fouls count as 3 personal fouls. Flagrant 1 fouls also get 3 personals. This either makes a player sit for an extended time or fouls him out much sooner. Flagrant 2 fouls should still get the ejection, and 3 fouls to start the game when you are eligible again. ( so you would start the next game with 3 fouls) Teams that commit lots of technical/flagrant fouls lose players minutes and lose some additional games. The players eventually adjust, and we have fewer flagrant or intentional fouls.

what do we do about foul happy refs?

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: A rule change I would like to see

waterman40 wrote:

Kobe would have fouled out of like every game this season with that rule.
yrh
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

no way! are you kidding? At those ticket prices the only rule change I wanna see is the foul limit raised to 10.
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see the NBA allow defense to be played on the outside again. It's too easy for them now. Caseinpoint, a few seasons ago everyone was talking about how Iverson's effectiveness was fading. Since that pussay rule change, he's responded with two of his better statistical seasons of his career. Kobe Bryant shoots 7 threes a game and he gets to the line like a young Jordan. Enough already.
WindConga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=looknohands&prov=tsn&type=lgns
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

1. HAndcheck the perimeter already. Teams can't keep spacing honest and too many tick tack fouls. It's ridiculous.

2. No more bloody illegal screens. Player moves on screen? Foul. None of the stick out the leg crap.

3. No more illiegal defense. The refs still can't really call the Defensive 3 second violation correctly, and there aren't that many times that use a sagging defender in the paint as an effective defense.

Illegal screens have gotten quite bad, yeah, I'd support all those changes too. I'd like to see the fragrant fouls go down, and penalizing players by forcing them to sit at key junctures would help reduce the risk of injuries.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I think the illegal screens wouldnt be a problem if the person with the ball actually waited until the dude set the screen. Most of the call that go against the possession team is mainly because they cat with the ball will make his move before the screen is set. Can be easily fixed.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

While I agree with the sentiment of everyone who dislikes the perimeter defense rules, the last thing the NBA needs is more defense. In the modern era, the NBA has prospered due to the tremendous athleticism of its players. As is true in most team sports other than baseball, defense will tend to predominant over time for a variety of reasons. Sometimes rule changes are necessary to return the game to a form that resembles the game that everyone liked so much in the first place. This has happened in football, hockey, soccer, and college basketball, and it happened in the NBA many times in the past.

If I could pick a rule change, I'd like to see an end to all the flopping and simulated fouls. It will never happen, and it would be hard for the referees to call it, but I can still dream.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If I could pick a rule change, I'd like to see an end to all the flopping and simulated fouls.

Man i hate that, the slightest bit of contact and the player throws himself to the ground like his been shot. That really frustrated me in the Suns series.

Another one that i'd like to see changed is the offensive foul called on the player as he is passing, or sometimes even after the pass has been made and his momentum takes him into the defender. Its not like players have got air brakes on their shoes, how are you supposed to stop dead in your tracks?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

koolruningz wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If I could pick a rule change, I'd like to see an end to all the flopping and simulated fouls.

Man i hate that, the slightest bit of contact and the player throws himself to the ground like his been shot. That really frustrated me in the Suns series.

Another one that i'd like to see changed is the offensive foul called on the player as he is passing, or sometimes even after the pass has been made and his momentum takes him into the defender. Its not like players have got air brakes on their shoes, how are you supposed to stop dead in your tracks?

I agree with the offensive foul when a player has already gotten rid of the ball, that should be a no call. Any breakaway when the defender just grab the opponent to stop the fast break or easy bucket should be considered an intentional foul,two shot plus the ball, period. No more of this having no defender between the player and the basket thing now before they'll call a breakaway foul.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

WindConga wrote:
Kobe Bryant shoots 7 threes a game and he gets to the line like a young Jordan. Enough already.

Uhm, when he's fouled it's because he takes it inside and draws the contact, or other things. The fact that he shoots threes has nothing to do with the rest of his free-throw averages. Hell, imo he should get sent to the line more given the kind of bs contact that guys get away with on him.

^^ Farmar

Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Obviously these things would be great if they could change. I hate flopping, I hate this handchecking crap, and I hate the fact that they are allowing moving screens. Something occurd to me while watching the Pistons game today. When you don't score a lot of points in a game, each time you do, its a little more exciting. Watching such high scoring games kinda numbs your pleasure senses and after a while you just get pissed cause you cant stop the other team either. Stern is looking at this the wrong way, how can scoring be that important when the most famous sport in the world can at times end up with a 1-0 score.(Soccer)

The one thing I would add is this. Allow defenders to jump straight up in the air, if an offensive player jumps into them, the Oplayer initiated the contact and then a no call. I got so frustrated in the Suns series cause Kobe made some spectacular blocks and got silly little touch fouls with his body and they called the fouls. If the defensive player has his ground and jumps straight up, thats his ground. I hate flops man, they got to go, its making our league look stupid, like all those idito soccer players who throw themselves to the ground crying cause they got kicked in the chin by a ghost.

NBA PLAYERS ARE STARTING TO DO THAT!!!!!!!!! Some players when they get hit with an offensive foul will intentionally lay on the floor sprawled over hoping the make a big enough show to get a flagrant foul called, it looks really stupid and I hate that. That is why football is so popular, cause its a mans sport and their is no puss things like those going on.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind a rule of two teams cant be from the same city, especially not in the same arena. Send the clips to san diego or something.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
I wouldnt mind a rule of two teams cant be from the same city, especially not in the same arena. Send the clips to san diego or something.

How about only 1 per state? We can send the Clipps to Hawaii, Golden state to Idaho and Sacramento to Vegas.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

Call all Flops Technical Fouls for Bad Sportsmanship.

Ejection on the 2nd flop in a game.

Season long suspension if you flop out of 3 or more games in a season.

That will keep the Ginobili's, Bell's and Duncan's of the world on their feet, believe me. You wouldn't see guys writhing and rolling around on the ground in overly dramatic fashion like a 2nd division Euro soccer player every time someone drives the lane.

Stop the Flop, Bring the Integrity back to the Sport already.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

the GR-8 one
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

How about not rewarding players that just fall down?
golden armor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Call all Flops Technical Fouls for Bad Sportsmanship.

Ejection on the 2nd flop in a game.

Season long suspension if you flop out of 3 or more games in a season.

That will keep the Ginobili's, Bell's and Duncan's of the world on their feet, believe me. You wouldn't see guys writhing and rolling around on the ground in overly dramatic fashion like a 2nd division Euro soccer player every time someone drives the lane.

Stop the Flop, Bring the Integrity back to the Sport already.

Stop the Flop!
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

A player gets on the break, another player tries to grab him, touches him but slightly and he alone with the hoop?
=> let the play go and the guy score and call a flagrant foul on the defender
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: