My guess is LeBron will get a pass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers5150 wrote:
Lebron is a fine player, the hype on him is ridiculous and nauseating. Simple as that. The media cuts him slack for the same things they rip other players for. It's a complete double-standard in the media, and I don't mind if you want to swing on his Johnson, that's fine. But at least be HONEST about his ridiculous treatment in the press.

James seems like a decent guy. The Chosen 1 tat is a tad over the top, but what NBA player doesn't have an ego. BUT he hasn't done Jack in the NBA and the collective media refuses to question this guy on anything. Does he make his teammates better or do they stink? Does he like to pass more than score or does he like to score? Be honest media. Report, don't embellish.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Look, I started this thread not because I think that LeBron should get hammered by the media, but because I think the media should treat Kobe the same way that they do LeBron. I wanted to just illustrate the double-standard, and that because LeBron went out almost exactly the same way that Kobe did, that LeBron would not be bashed for it while Kobe was. LeBron and the Cavs should have lost to the Pistons, that they took them to 7 was admirable, and the guy is a great talent. That's all that should be said. But that's all that should have been said about Kobe and the Lakers versus the Suns as well, and as we all know, that's not what happened. I think the media should be equal in their treatment of both players, but I'd much rather they were equal by bringing their treatment of Kobe up to the level they have for LeBron, rather than by bringing their treament of LeBron down to the level they have for Kobe.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: